Husky Owners Fat Club

Sarah

I just don't feel like trying anymore and I was down nearly 2 stone so I know I can do it but I just want to be able to eat what I want lol

I've been the same for over a year and I kept telling myself .... I'll start Monday or next week or after Xmas etc etc but they never came lol and was just getting to the point where avoiding seeing pPl or going out so I thought come on you can do this .... and so can you x you haven't lost til you give up x

My scales are without battery.

I KNOW I'm o/w.

The stretchy jeans fit but my Levis, Wranglers do not any more despite same size!!

Must get my Stepper Exerciser back because just doing 20 second bursts, one min rest, then repeat over max 15 mins - as fast as possible, really gets cardiovascular going and improving slack lungs.

I was really fit in my youth and up to my late thirties. Squash, tennis, riding, swimming, running, dinghy sailing and racing kept me fit and wiry.

Marriage, kids - fine until my third at nearly 42 (all problematical, early and emergency Ceasarian) and I ballooned.

Crept up from 10 to a 12. Stable after 2nd at nearly 40 then size 14 - but looked good (although wanted 'tummy tuck' to rid Ceasarian 'fold'. Now a very unhappy 14.5 stone (I think) at 5'7" but muscle tone awful although legs strong as I live in Sketchers Shapeups - (kindest to my 40 year nursing [flat] feet and bunions! Lol)

Not happy with this.

Keep going for Ryvita NOT bread.

Porridge NOT cereal.

All slow release energy.

Fruit smoothies (ready cut/frozen from Aldi) wirh Cranberry juice and Mqgrowska or Kefir yoghurt. These are filling and healthy.

(Bit hard to take in winter so porridge is great.

Keep portions small.

I forbid crisps in house but mixed nuts and lots of fruit - NO other nibbles. Go for fit not dried - high sugar. 'Health' Snack bars also fatal - very high sugars!!!

You can burn off dinner faster with walking dog/s out for a fast 45-60 minutes.

If you do it before your, metabolism is still going...

At 63 I'm disgusted.

Now, the two year decline due to anaemia diagnosed only after a gallstone attack end of Sep 2014! (so long time I had extreme loss of energy, ergo fitness, then a fall Dec 30 and finally Shingles mid Jan) after three months on iron I'm certainly doing more but weary after six hours.

My early medical retirement at 61 due to crumbling neck (severe degenerative cervical spondylosis) also limits me as crushing pain kicks in with spasm - IF I don't take the painkillers (I do get carried away and forget) !

I am back to using my Abdo pack for passive stomach muscle toning. God it hurts if too much, too long but the waistline shrinks and... my abdominal roller....(start with ten over three days...or you will be really sore!) (www.amazon.co.uk)

HOWEVER.....power walking is the best (with dogs). When I was training six months pre half marathon 2010 it was noticed how my legs bum and waist really toned and shrank!

Go for it.

"If it is to be it's up to me".

Write it out. Pin it on fridge, bathroom mirror, bedside lamp and DO IT. Put your fav coloured 'calender dot' everywhere to remind you of your goal. Keep saying

" I AM DOING THIS!"

NEVER use the word 'try' never ever...

No one can make YOU feel bad without YOUR PERMISSION.

New Year...New Me!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just remember ladies - your body is amazing.

If you've produced kids too - it's awesome...so take heart...

And for those with no kids ... YOU are awesome....cos your furkids and/or partners loves ya!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I was so skinny until I had Josh n I was still quite slim after him but it messed up my metabolism and it just kept creeping on. I couldn't b bothered to do anything about it until lately lost nearly 2 stone n now I don't care again even though I have way more to loose I'm here with a bag of sweets n know I shouldn't but I just find it hard to care about much lately. Once I can get Josh to school and back that's as much effort I can put into things

I was so skinny until I had Josh n I was still quite slim after him but it messed up my metabolism and it just kept creeping on. I couldn't b bothered to do anything about it until lately lost nearly 2 stone n now I don't care again even though I have way more to loose I'm here with a bag of sweets n know I shouldn't but I just find it hard to care about much lately. Once I can get Josh to school and back that's as much effort I can put into things

Same most days [emoji20] just forcing myself to eat properly and make up extra which I freeze in trays for quick meals x got stew spag bol and a curry frozen atm so that's helping x
  • Like 1

Thanks. I'm such a moaner lol. Sounds like your very organised

You're not [emoji5] and ME ........ organised lmao I'm the least organised person ever lol x I went to pound shop couple weeks ago and saw the trays that you're food comes in from Chinese and I grabbed some and as I started well past two weeks I thought I'd freeze leftovers and it's been working a treat x mind you not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow as had quite a few bad days this week x

• 1 month later...

How's everyone getting on! I keep losing 2 lbs then putting it on again, not doing very well :( So I've booked in with a nutritionist so she can help me see where I'm going wrong food wise, and I've starting going to kettle bells, TRX training and boxercise. Hope that works!

• Like 1

What's Kettle bells?

i joined slimming world 2 weeks ago - my first weigh in was last thursd and i lost 3.5lbs - am hoping for another 3.5lb weight loss this week so i can get my half stone award - paws crossed!! :D

What's Kettle bells?

i joined slimming world 2 weeks ago - my first weigh in was last thursd and i lost 3.5lbs - am hoping for another 3.5lb weight loss this week so i can get my half stone award - paws crossed!! :D

Aww well done that's good! :)

Kettle bells are basically cast iron weights with a handle that you swing around!

• Like 1

I went to docs last week just for a check up

Had usual bloods , temp and weight checks

He said do you know I've weighed 11stone 4oz for the last five years !!!

How?? I eat like a pig ?

Aww well done that's good! :)

Kettle bells are basically cast iron weights with a handle that you swing around!

woah think i'll stay away from that - i'll prob let go and break something lol

I went to docs last week just for a check up

Had usual bloods , temp and weight checks

He said do you know I've weighed 11stone 4oz for the last five years !!!

How?? I eat like a pig

You're so lucky!

No sarah I do need put a bit weight on I look thin ☺️

Had a 32oz steak challenge for my birthday ate the lot and weighed the same eh !! How does that work ?? Lol

• Like 1