Husky Owners Fat Club

Sarah

So, following on from my announcement came up with a great idea to have a thread where anyone wanting to loose a bit of weight, or even gain it as I know that's hard for some people too, maybe you want to get more active but haven't the motivation, can come and discuss their challenges, share opinions, success stories etc

My goal is to loose weight within 12 months, but to do it sensibly by changing my eating habits and to exercise more.  I'm calorie counting using an ap called my fitness pal, and also using an ap called runkeeper to log walks that i go on so i can see how far i've walked, how long it took me, and how many calories i've burnt.

I've walked the dogs different routes going an extra 20 mins or so which they enjoy, and I do too so win win! :D

My Monday evening walk is below so my next goal when i do this route again will be to better this, even if it's just shaving a minute off my time

miles

Minutes
45:38

mins/mi
18:06

kcal

So - if you want to join in, or just spur other members along - feel free :)  No one is saying you have to put up what you weigh etc that's personal to you, but if you want encouragement and a place to log what you're doing where you can look back in a couple of months and say wow look how much i've progressed, why not post in here :)

• Like 9

Great idea if I don't mind saying so ;)

Why not make Wednesday a 'pound shedder' night? Is mid week so no excuses for the weekend etc :)

I'm sure Marc can make a chart on here and that way it can all be logged, you could call it 'pounds for pregnant'? or 'kilos for kids'? Or just 'weight loss for me'?

I dunno, just thinking :)

• Like 2

Ooo this sounds like fun lol

Good to everyone who joins in :) I got on the scales yesterday for the first time in a year and now I weigh 63.5kgs (don't know what that is in lbs lol) I've never been over 52kgs so now I went and bought a fitbit and now I'm going to track what I do and what I don't and see how I go :D hope it all works out for you Sarah and Marc :)

• Like 1

Try your forties.  I started of a respectable just under 9 stone......  at 40  and a year off 50 well......  I think I will sign up to... Thing is though I exercise more walking the dogs running around cleaning rabbits and the G pigs...  but I now have a job where I sit down slumped over a computer.... eating cakes  etc...   emmmm think I know the problem... 

• Like 2

Try your forties.  I started of a respectable just under 9 stone......  at 40  and a year off 50 well......  I think I will sign up to... Thing is though I exercise more walking the dogs running around cleaning rabbits and the G pigs...  but I now have a job where I sit down slumped over a computer.... eating cakes  etc...   emmmm think I know the problem... 

that's my problem too - i'm in an office all day.  People have said oh you need to join a gym - i have 3 huskies why do i need a gym lol i just need to walk further and more often :) and stop filling my face lol

• Like 3

They had a segment on daytime TV once about exercises to do whilst sitting in a chair. I think it also involved pelvic floor stuff. Got no idea what the exercises were exactly but the facial expressions of the people doing them were quite something to behold! They looked like they needed the toilet. [emoji23]

• Like 1

Wait until you get to 30 years old.

Well thats only 4 years away i somehow dont think ill be getting much bigger ;) runs in the family until you have kids! 

Im almost 35 and i dont even know what i weigh but its very little and i too have a problem with weight gain and now i have my new husky baby im getting far more exercise so hoping i dont shed more lbs....weight is always a problem no matter what size u are :(

Wouldn't worry about that i dont lose anymore weight due to my two but i do eat more lol

Right - it's saturday woohoooooooo and it's not raining so am waiting for the hubby to get up then the boys are being taken on a long walk :D  Well - as long as hubby will walk so that's prob about 2 miles lol will try and get him to go a bit further as you have to "move it to loose it" :D

• Like 2