Husky Movies!

sparrow63

Decided to watch 8 Below last night with the family. That movie always gets to me. I could never imagine having to leave my girls alone in the wilderness not knowing if I would make it back for them. I normally don't feel emotional during movies but there are two that really get to me:

8 Below

Hachi

Does anyone else have any movies that get to them? :popcorn:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do the same to me I'd never heard of hachi before I watched it and didn't know what it was about I ended up crying at the end of it Lol

yeah the first time I watched it I was really sad. We have watched it a few times after that too with other friends and family and it gets to me every time!

I watched Hachiko once and once only. lol. 

People kept telling me to watch it saying things like "aww, it's such a lovely film", but all I could think was how terribly sad that poor dog must have been and that just made me feel sad too, so I refused to watch it again.  lol.

I caught I Am Legend yesterday evening on the tv. Ended up watching it again (for the fourth time). It's still an absolute great movie but there is this one single scene in the middle -those who've seen it know what I'm talking about- that gets me every time. It's one of those rare moments where I just have to look away and not think too much about it. It's a very powerful and well done scene but such a tearjerker. I can watch Eight Below just fine, but this? This gets me every time.

I absolutely love "I Am Legend" :wub: probably because I'm also a fan of the GSD breed :D I heard White Fang is also good but I've only watched White Fang 2 which is terrible

Yeah I just can't watch the part where he has to kill his dog.....

Red Dog was based on a real dog from my home state. There is even a statue of him in the town long before the movie was made. I am not going to say it is the best dog film going around but it was okay. Twas more sad that the dog who played the role died of cancer last year  :(

Snowdogs was apparently loosely based on the book- Winterdance - the fine madness of the Iditarod. But having read the book and seen the movie I really don't see much connection at all. But I did enjoy the movie and loved the book.

• 9 months later...

One of the best animal stars was Jedd the Malamute Wolf hybrid he stared in two full movies and had a bit part in

another.

White Fang

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103247/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The Journey of Natty Gann

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089385/?ref_=nv_sr_1

and he had a bit part in

The Thing

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/?ref_=nv_sr_1

he was the infected husky that brought the alien to the base

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

Love these clips!! Also love GShepherds as we had one growing up!! Just shows how a dog never forgets people & family. Now, gotta watch it!!
Thank you.emoji847.pngemoji252.pngemoji274.png

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

You will love Max if your a dog lover I though it was a really good movie.

10 hours ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

Love these clips!! Also love GShepherds as we had one growing up!! Just shows how a dog never forgets people & family. Now, gotta watch it!!

Max is a Malinois one of the Belgian Shepherds, I also grew up with German Shepherds and real working Collies (not the flyball ones) and being new to the Mali's i can tell you they are like GSD's but on speed lol

But just another high drive dog breed, thankfully my Boy is what i would say is a mid range high drive dog, had him a month now and he is about 10 months old give or take a bit, been the easyiest rehome dog i have ever had( never actulay brought a dog froma  breeder always taken dogs that needed new homes) he does need a lot of work as he was obviously gotten by some one that wasnt able to deal with high drive dogs as Husky and Malamute owners know some breeds need more than a quick walk down the road for a pee and poop, Malinois like Husky and Mala's need a lot of mental exercise along with the physical work. A bored high drive dogs can become monsters from hell,

11 hours ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

another clip for you  

6 hours ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

@PaulG ~ Aww, love this clip too. It's sad the older brother dies, but the bond with the boy and MAX is unbreakable. I'll have to see it June26th!! Thank you!!
emoji847.pngemoji252.pngemoji171.png

its came out a couple years ago its on amazon and google movies

A dogs purpose gets me multiple time right at the beginning and a few times throughout the movie.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Oh and marly and me its sad because you already know how the story will end. :(

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Archived