Vacation!

BlueWolf

I'll be offline for two weeks as I'm off for vacation in Norway! Fun part is that I'll depart at 3:30am this night but the Netherlands is playing in the world cup this evening (10pm local time) so that's going to be fun while I try sleeping through it!

I may or may not have access to wifi up there but just in case I don't: I'll see you all later! :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a great time and I expect you to take more of your most excellent photo's to spam erm. . . I mean delight us with :P

This photo of my mother was taken a couple of days ago while we were still in Innsfjorden. I am genuinely proud of this photo I think. Every time I look at it I have to smile. This was after a 3 hour hike to literally stand on the top of the world.

post-2355-0-30843400-1405587969_thumb.jp

Right now we've moved to Geilo, which is near the Hardangervidda. The Hardangervidda looks like... this. You can easily walk in a random direction and not meet any people or civilisation for days.

post-2355-0-89608600-1405588105_thumb.jp

At the end we accidentally stumbled upon a sleddog farm. I watched it for a few minutes, made some photos but only after I left I suddenly realised what a stupid chance I just let go. If there's anyone out here I could ask for advice to move to Norway and work in the sleddog industry, it would be them! It's a couple of hours drive away from were we stay and it's currently raining. Yet, I'm seriously considering going back there today on my own and just... ask I, suppose. Any tips, ideas or even contacts. I'll take all of that. I wouldn't give high hopes on it yet but you never now. I want to take every chance I get right? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Just got back from them and managed to get my point across in what turned out to be my worst possible English ever!  :redface1: During the entire trip to the farm I had created every single possible conversation possible, had all kinds of questions to ask. But when I got there and opened my mouth everything just vanished. Oops!  :unsure: Oh well, was a bit more nervous than I expected!

Good part though is that I did get most of my information I wanted to know. Main point being is that I know where the local husky community is and how I can reach them, where the best areas for husky farms are and more importantly, I left my name, number and email with them as they themselves have connections too so if something ever comes up, they have my name.

Glad that's off my chest now and am happy I did this. Now I'm gonna use the rest of the day to relax and relief some stress  :lol:

Jos, I must have missed the pictures of the sled dog farm ..... what thread did you post them in??? :)

And yes, beautiful, but damn man, it even looks cold!!!!!

Wifi is a bit iffy here. I was planning on making a separate topic with photos when I get home and have a better overview of all the photos I have. But since you can't wait and I happen to have them stored on my phone, here are a few :P

a5aty5u2.jpg

uvyty7ag.jpg

a6u2uvud.jpg

If you are a dog owner and love nature, Norway seems to be absolute heaven. The amount of people I see walking with a dog here is insane. I'm not just talking about people doing the daily walk, I see so many people actually taking their dogs with them during a hike on rough terrain or up a mountain, it's quite surprising me. It makes me feel happy though, what better way to enjoy nature than being together with your four-legged friend?

Tomorrow is my last day in Norway. Tomorrow morning I'll be back on the boat heading to Germany after which we'll drive back to the Netherlands on Monday. I miss the dogs, it's insane. But at the same time I know I'm going to miss this country a lot. The beautiful nature, the nice people... my heart will still be here somewhere. This 'holiday' wasn't really a holiday for me as I just realised. I've gathered ideas, inspiration, contacts, tips and plans. Hopefully next time I'll be here is when I have a proper plan on how to find work and a good place. I have no idea when that will be, but in the mean time I will not give up. I found my motivation!!