New Member? Welcome To Husky Owners!

Hi and welcome to Husky-Owners!

This forum was started by myself and my husband Marc in October 2008. I'd just got my first husky, Kimba and wanted to build a forum for like minded husky owners so that we could share our pictures, memories, tears and happiness and everything in between, that comes from being owned by this magnificent breed. I now have 3 gorgeous boys

As this place grew, we started arranging meets in local areas which then turned into taking holidays together. We now have "Husky Camp" once a year in the UK and in Iowa in the US where we go on walks, play games, have awards, and at night when the dogs are tired we sit around a camp fire having a drink and talk until the early hours of the morning.

You have come to a forum that will not tolerate bullying or abuse in any manner. We want you to ask a question openly and freely and be confident that you will not suffer negativity - at the end of the day, at some point, we were all first time husky owners and we are all constantly learning.

Please take a moment to read through the forum rules - click HERE

Staff are on hand throughout the day and a list of our moderators is below:

Sarah - Admin UK based
Marc - Admin UK based
Dunc - Admin UK Based

Andy - Super Moderator UK based
BingBlaze n Skyla aka Nix - Super Moderator UK based
Mazz aka Dave - Super Moderator USA based

Robke - Super Moderator NL based

Emma - Moderator UK based
Jason Schrader - Moderator USA based

We all have the same values and have the same love for the forum so if you have any issues the above people will help you - all you need do is ask.

Finally - now you've joined us, why not take a moment to start a new topic in the Introduction section - throw up a picture or 2 and say hi :)

:welcomepack::wave::kimba2:

• Thanks 1
  • Like 13

You want more? OK :D

We love to see who we're chatting to and I'm sure you do too!  Why not put up a picture of yourself in our thread 

Want to see how many husky owners live nearby to you?  You can view our Member Map  and pin yourself on there too - just don't pin your exact house for obvious reasons :)

Finally - keep an eye out on our Competition Zone where you can submit an entry to the husky of the month competition for a chance for your furby to be on the main forum page for that month!

• Like 7

Just a note about the colours on the forum and what they mean

ADMINISTRATORS - Top level on the forum. Site owners and staff who run forum as a whole

SUPER MODERATORS - Second in command only to the administrators. These guys look after our team of moderators and moderate the forum themselves.

MODERATORS - These guys moderate the forum to ensure all rules are followed. They help to keep content flowing on the forum and ensure people are made to feel welcome on our forums.

subs.pngSITE SPONSORS - Without our site sponsors the forum would not exist. These are people who contribute money toward running the forum on an ongoing monthly basis. They have access to other areas and features of the forum because of this. You can read more about becoming a sponsor by

PREMIUM MEMBERS - Premium members are people who have at one point or another contributed money towards the running costs of the forum

• Like 7

Gee, if I was not a member already, I' be biting at the bit to join. Too bad I don't have a split personality. Then my alter ego would join up as well.

All kidding aside, this forum is like a home away from home for me. The staff, the members, and especially the Huskies make for a very friendly forum. So come on in and enjoy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi my name is Tanya I have two huskies... Zak whom I ve had since he was 8 weeks old...He was an 'accident' my daughter had mum & dad and I was lucky enough to watch him and the litter being born... He is 5 in August...Amber is 2yrs 5 months old and I ve had her for almost 7 mths... We got her from a rescue...we had to toilet train her but apart from that she's a delight to have not perfect lol but a delight xx

Hi my name is Tanya I have two huskies... Zak whom I ve had since he was 8 weeks old...He was an 'accident' my daughter had mum & dad and I was lucky enough to watch him and the litter being born... He is 5 in August...Amber is 2yrs 5 months old and I ve had her for almost 7 mths... We got her from a rescue...we had to toilet train her but apart from that she's a delight to have not perfect lol but a delight xx

Welcome to the pack

hello my name is claire and i have a 1 year and 4 month old siberian husky, she is a kc grey and white and is a pure delight to be around. i was curious if anyone knew anywhere aroung the westmidlands i could work her.

I think some people go up cannock chase but think you need a permit , have a look on shcgb they might be able to give you more details

• 2 months later...

Hello my name is Annabelle, I'm a first time husky mummy! I have a boy, now 8months called Tikaani. He's very boisterous and has a bit of a biting issue so any help would be much appreciated! It's so nice to read the forums to know that I'm not alone!! 

image.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

7e81be16cce792ed5ec976cd6e69936b.jpg

We are first time husky owners :)

Little lunar is now 11 weeks old and loves a good fuss! If anyone has any tips about anything please tell me! We are currently struggling with getting her off the sofa and nipping! I know she is a puppy but i want to get it right from the start :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Hello hello,

I am Mariam from Tbilisi, Georgia.

I googled something about huskies and found this forum so I thought why not register. I have a husky, turning 9 months in 9 days. She's a doll, loves people, is crazy about kids and other pets. Loves carrot, her toys and umm, play biting my and my mother's hands. She also likes playing with plastic bottles that makes pretty annoying sound :D

Anyway, wanted to say hi before I dig into different helpful threads in here.

:)

11960155_10153228291812893_3709309146311460160_n.jpg

• Like 4

Hi all!  A friend recommended joining because I've been having problems trying to find an experienced person to walk my husky whilst I'm at work. I'll post a new thread with the specifics, so please have a look and help me!?

Anyhoo, I'm a Canadian, who's been in the UK for 16 years.  Long story short, my ex still has my original pack, but I took my soul mate, Pixie, with me.  Thankfully, we still talk so Pixie and I can see the rest of her (ever-expanding) pack from time to time.  We have a massive pack community around the East Midlands, but work won't be there for me in the new year.

Pixie is 3.5. I've had her from 6 months, as a rescue.  To me, the only kind is rescue!  Big animal and rescue advocate here.  I've fostered and have only just recently stopped because of the impending relocation.  The sooner I can settle, the sooner I can help again.

Hope to meet some of you soon!

10658616_10152741266256761_3088779090186870796_o.jpg

FB_20150719_22_43_27_Saved_Picture.jpg

Pixie (5).jpg

Pixie (40).jpg

Pixie (58).jpg

Pixie (170).jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...