Update On Storm's Operation

cas

Picked Storm up this evening after her Cruciate ligament repair operation. She is a bit unsettled and crying on/off but i've got Anti-inflammatory's and Tramadol for her. Her leg is very bruised bless her and seems to be getting more bruised by the hour. Hopefully the recovery period won't be too prolonged but she is only aloud to do 5-10 mins of walking 6 - 8 times a day in the first 2 weeks then gradually build up.

Mya was quite lost without Storm for the 2 days, she is very independent normally so I didn't think it would bother her too much but it obviously did.

I've made my camp downstairs in my lounge so I can stay near her overnight and for the foreseeable future as the stairs are a no go area.

post-482-0-93507900-1378496205_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-95366400-1378496217_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-44613300-1378496230_thumb.jpg

Awwww poor girly.

Your biggest problem will be stopping her from doing too much on it too quickly.

:grouphug: for Storm

Awwww poor girly.

Your biggest problem will be stopping her from doing too much on it too quickly.

:grouphug: for Storm

Yeah your right Andy. The vets don't want her to be pain free completely for exactly that reason. I've even got to take her in the garden on a lead.

aw bless, they do look like turkey legs when they've been shaved like that. Wishing Storm a safe & speedy recovery, Claire xx

Thanks val. Your right about the turkey legs bless her, that's exactly what mum said it looked like when she saw Storm

Awww, Poor Storm.  On the plus side, once this period of recovery and rehab  is over at least this should hopefully be the end of it.   Doesn't make it any less stressful in the meantime though.  :grouphug:

I hope your right Emma, I'm just a bit concerned that she doesn't do any damage to the other leg she had done last year as she's putting all her weight on that leg at the moment.