Anyone have any nice stories about friends, family's sibes having a litter.

Guest snowdog

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

raindog may i ask, do yu have figures for how many may be kc rescues, thanks, and i have contemplated fostering as i have big enough grounds x

Of the 350, 10% (about 35 of them) have been KC registered, although only 3 of those were from what I regard as good breeders.

Mick

Guest snowdog

Oh ok thanks raindog, 10 percent not bad, but then not good either, shame they end up like that, people shouldnt buy any pup husky or not, and not look into the specifics of that breed, this is how we end up with rescues, lack of knowledge, just think there pretty awwww ill buy it, thanks for info, btw your sibes are beauuuutifull x

I am completely against puppy farming, but puppy farming is not the issue here. This thread is about backyard breeding and opinions on breeding, and who would and wouldn't do it.

Just because puppy farming exists does not mean that there aren't other issues that need to be addressed when it comes to dog breeding.

hi, i am koda's other owner and in my opinion this debate is pointless in my eyes, at the end of the day a true owner loves their animal whether it be a dog, cat or what ever, whether its pedigree, kc, or cross breed, the issue isnt just about certain breeds and certain animals, theres an issue with all breeds and all animals and the most important thing when it comes to owning a pet is that the owners love and care for their pet as much as possible. its ok saying that kc reg breeders are the ones who take proper good care of the animals cause im know thats not the case as seen by my own eyes, and like i said there is an issue with all breeds and the only issue isnt whether its kc reg! the bigger picture is clear to me and it isnt a petty debate about papers. does anyone have papers for themselves? cause if not how am i ment to be sure that you are human? or have brown hair or blue eyes? im sure your image speaks for itself. and as far as health problems: whether a dog is kc, pedigree or cross breed at the end of the day if the dog has a good owner then the owner will spot these problems and have them sorted as much as possible. i took on a rescue dog (mixed breed-not by a husky) as she had no home to go to and a broken tail at 8weeks, so when i decided to take her in should i have stopped to ask if papers where available or was i more concerned with taking her in and giving her a good life? speaks for itself really doesnt it, anyone who is more bothered about papers than the animal itself obviousley doesnt have an open heart. probems occur regardless of what breed and whether papers are available but it doesnt stop some owners from taking them in and loving them, id rather take a dog in that has no papers with problems, knowing i could give it a good life rather than it be stuck in kennels and eventually put to sleep cause of some cold people out there who think that papers are that important that it decides what animal gets a chance at life

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about one long read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be honest I got halfway through and stopped there as I could just see the same argument again and again!!

As mentioned already, we all have very strong opinions when it comes to particualr subjects/areas of our own dogs! Someones opinion is simply an opinion not what someone should or shouldnt do. I have good points raised on both sides of the story and can see why another would disagree with it aswell but that doesnt mean there is ANY need to argue over it!

I could raise a few opinions of my own on other opions made here but I cant be doing getting into a whole argument over it for no ones sake but my own dogs! All I am going to say is I will not be breeding from any of my dogs no matter what for the simple reason being I know I wouldnt make a suitable breeder, its as simple as that.

Please everyone, just calm down, if one puts their opinion on here please dont take it so offesively that you end up arguing, take it as a learning curve. Like sarah said we dont want the thread to be closed as it is good to hear everyones opions but we dont want tension and hatred being built up on the forum. Dont forget we all have the same thing in common - we are husky owners not bickering children

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about one long read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please everyone, just calm down, if one puts their opinion on here please dont take it so offesively that you end up arguing, take it as a learning curve. Like sarah said we dont want the thread to be closed as it is good to hear everyones opions but we dont want tension and hatred being built up on the forum. Dont forget we all have the same thing in common - we are husky owners not bickering children

i stand by my opinion! the love for the animal is more important and i agree that people shouldnt be taking things to heart

Guest snowdog

yes i agree, i think its when ppl are refered to as byb in a negative light that upsets people, and i do not know how this became a kc thing, that was another thread, this is purely for advice on my sibe maybe having one! litter not should she be kc or not, chinese whispers, people arnt reading full threads and jumping in guns bazin, helpful advice is what is asked for thats all, a nice calm discussion.

hi, i am koda's other owner and in my opinion this debate is pointless in my eyes, at the end of the day a true owner loves their animal whether it be a dog, cat or what ever, whether its pedigree, kc, or cross breed, the issue isnt just about certain breeds and certain animals, theres an issue with all breeds and all animals and the most important thing when it comes to owning a pet is that the owners love and care for their pet as much as possible. its ok saying that kc reg breeders are the ones who take proper good care of the animals cause im know thats not the case as seen by my own eyes, and like i said there is an issue with all breeds and the only issue isnt whether its kc reg! the bigger picture is clear to me and it isnt a petty debate about papers. does anyone have papers for themselves? cause if not how am i ment to be sure that you are human? or have brown hair or blue eyes? im sure your image speaks for itself. and as far as health problems: whether a dog is kc, pedigree or cross breed at the end of the day if the dog has a good owner then the owner will spot these problems and have them sorted as much as possible. i took on a rescue dog (mixed breed-not by a husky) as she had no home to go to and a broken tail at 8weeks, so when i decided to take her in should i have stopped to ask if papers where available or was i more concerned with taking her in and giving her a good life? speaks for itself really doesnt it, anyone who is more bothered about papers than the animal itself obviousley doesnt have an open heart. probems occur regardless of what breed and whether papers are available but it doesnt stop some owners from taking them in and loving them, id rather take a dog in that has no papers with problems, knowing i could give it a good life rather than it be stuck in kennels and eventually put to sleep cause of some cold people out there who think that papers are that important that it decides what animal gets a chance at life

No one thinks that some backyard breeders don't love their animals :)

Unfortunately, love is not a good enough reason to breed your dog.

To say that breeders who think a pedigree is important, and without one won't breed their dog, don't have a big enough heart is really just silly. Some breeders spend their whole lives dedicated to breeding the best dogs they can and they would never take the risk that comes with breeding an unpapered dog because they have no idea of its heritage and its genetic history.

Sure, there are some health problems that are apparent to our eyes, but there are far more that are hidden under the surface that you would never see - like Mick's example of the Sibe who had cataracts by the time he was two years old, even though the parents were health tested. The gene was recessive in the line and had the pedigree been used as the tool it is, to trace back into the dog's genetic history, a good breeder would have discovered this and would never had bred with the line in the first place.

I've seen dogs who are fit, healthy dogs desexed because a breeder has discovered, because they've researched the pedigree, that the line carries genetic disease.

Good breeders don't breed their dogs because they love them; we all love our dogs. Good breeders breed their dogs for a range of reasons including that the dog has come from good healthy lines and is a great example of his breed. To them, a pedigree is far more than "just a piece of paper" - it is an invaluable tool.

Guest snowdog

its not a poll on kc or not its asking how many of you would breed your own pups

so i can get an idea on everyones views with there dogs and what they would do kc or not, i am not polling on kc or not, i dont know why this keeps coming up! x