Anyone have any nice stories about friends, family's sibes having a litter.

Guest snowdog

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive studded my koda out and his pups was all vet checked given a full bill of health so...... and thanks he a gorgoues looking dog, And so is yours. Totally agree with everything your getting at and so do other people by the poll at the top.

Vet checked is not the same as health tested.

Where are all the pups now? I hope you didn't accidentally stud him to a crossbreed, seeing as you don't think a pedigree is necessary :)

Helllloooo my point is, if i didnt know the breeder in question and went and bought that puppy with its papers, it doesnt necessarily have to be the puppy on the paper i am buying! This is why i say its paper to me, because i have seen first hand the swinndlingthat has been done, and then apup sold to some poor mug, buying what they deem to be kc but in actual fact it is not,aaaaaaah its not the paper its the people behind it, not all kc breeders are corrupt bu some are, and there are people out there with a pup and a peice of paper that dont match and they dont even know it!

Of course there are always bad apples in any barrel, but the proportion of rotting, stinking, moneygrabbing excuses for human beings will always be much much higher in the "unregistered breeder" barrel than in the "KC registered" breeder barrel.

In 15 years I have come across a half dozen or so of really bad breeders who KC register their dogs, but in the same period, I have not come across one single good breeder amongst those who don't KC register their dogs.

I have a male sibe no papers mum was kc and father wasnt. he is my life now but for people to say i couldnt breed him cause of recessive traits its totally crap cause you could have bad traits even with papered.( yes i wouldnt beable to show or race my dog in compitions cause idont have the kc reg) but hey i could still race my dog have a bit on fun on the way. And Koda doesnt have kc papers he's a brilliant dog with no traits or aggrestion problems he's alround a absolute brill dog.

The point is that you have no idea whether your dog is carrying any congenital problems (a) because your dog has not been tested; and (B) because you have no history of any testing carried out on his/her parents. As an example (and this is from a KC registered dog) - a friend of ours bought a dog 18 months ago. Both parents were health tested and passed their eye tests and had good hip scores. A couple of months ago the dog went blind in one eye and lost most of the sight in his other eye as a result of hereditary cataracts. The problem lay two generations back on the mother's side. A dog (the gt. grandfather of our friend's dog) had been bred before being tested and the resulting pups were "carriers" although they showed no symptoms and tested clear themselves. Gt. Granddad was tested after the pups had been born (stable door - bolted horse situation) and was found to have cataracts. Nevertheless, the owner of one of the bitch pups bred from her (she tested clear) and one of her daughters (who also tested clear) was the mum of our friend's dog. Now a good breeder would have followed the paper trail back over the generations to ensure that there were no problems in previous generations. Of course, this would only be possible if (a) all the dogs involved in the bloodlines had been KC registered; and (B) if all the dogs in the bloodline had been tested for all the hereditary problems the breed is subject to.

In other words, if a dog isn't KC registered and if all the health tests haven't been carried out over several generations, you can have no idea whatever what issues might arise with any pups you produce - it's a bit like playing Russian Roulette with dogs' lives.

Mick

Guest snowdog

Well i would imagine hes got enough noggin to know that for himself, and an even bigger guessing game wth kc sibes also judging by some breeders out there, i give up i dont think you have clicked with the paper swaping thing, but ive obviously got an eye for the sibes!

I agree especially with the Sibe breed, they should be hip and eye scored before studding / breeding it's far too dangerous to breed otherwise.

That's all i'm sayin i dont wanna get into the argument as i'm kinda on the fence about it all but deffo agree hip and eye scores are a must if you have any respect for the breed

Well i would imagine hes got enough noggin to know that for himself, and an even bigger guessing game wth kc sibes also judging by some breeders out there, i give up i dont think you have clicked with the paper swaping thing, but ive obviously got an eye for the sibes!

Are you serious? Breeding with no papers is more of a guessing game than breeding with papers? Because a very small minority of pedigree breeders can be dodgy?

I "get" the paper swapping thing but that doesn't change the fact that a pedigree is an invaluable tool to a good breeder.

LOL! I would have answered honestly if you picked number two as purebred.

Blue eyes don't indicate a dog is purebred. It indicates the dog might have Siberian genes. You can get a mixture of both breeds when you breed a crossbreed. And there are more than one breed that have blue eyes. The dog could have a Siberian tail and still be a crossbreed, too.

The point is that it's NOT always easy to tell a purebred from a crossbreed, like you suggested.

like snow dog said it was a quessing game show me to older sibes that i can see them fully. the tails of a husky so i read in books should'nt be ova curled and to the light blue eyes it would have been a darker blue if crossbreed im just going off what i read so surpose your gonna tell me different and that the book is full of shit?

Guest snowdog

Good point raindog, but how is it that i have met several corrupted kc breeders and at least two very respectful honest and trustworthy breeders who are non kc and i am in touch with them all regulaly, and have all the family history , for my sibes, and if they moms and dads scored well then chances are when my pups are tested they should! Too, not a guarantee but should, and i will have them tested and i think its too much to make a judgment that all non breeders are not kosha, beacuse youve not met them all, like ive not met all kc breeders which is why i say not all but a nasty select bunch of them!

like snow dog said it was a quessing game show me to older sibes that i can see them fully. the tails of a husky so i read in books should'nt be ova curled and to the light blue eyes it would have been a darker blue if crossbreed im just going off what i read so surpose your gonna tell me different and that the book is full of shit?

I've seen crossbred Siberians with light blue eyes, and straight tails, when you crossbreed you can end up with anything - even a dog that looks a lot like a purebred.

I don't disagree with you about what makes a purebred Siberian look like a purebred Siberian, my point is that without a pedigree you can never guarantee your dog is purebred. It could be 3/4 Siberian and 1/4 something else and look purebred, without proof you'll never know for sure.

I'm sure you agree with the importance of health testing though, right? You did health test your dog before studding him out, didn't you?

i though this was a discussion not a judging panel x

Not looking to judge. I am quite interested that it seems there are so many backyard breeders health testing their dogs now, though. Maybe we are finally getting the message out there to some of them.

Good point raindog, but how is it that i have met several corrupted kc breeders and at least two very respectful honest and trustworthy breeders who are non kc and i am in touch with them all regulaly, and have all the family history , for my sibes, and if they moms and dads scored well then chances are when my pups are tested they should! Too, not a guarantee but should, and i will have them tested and i think its too much to make a judgment that all non breeders are not kosha, beacuse youve not met them all, like ive not met all kc breeders which is why i say not all but a nasty select bunch of them!

You've probably met the bad ones 'cos you haven't been looking in the right places. The best way of finding a good breeder is to attend dog shows or rallies and talk to the people there about breeders. People who don't show and/or work their dogs invariably breed for money, not for the good of the breed. The kind of breeders who advertise on E-Pupz and the like are generally commercial breeders, whether large scale puppy farmers, smaller backyard breeders or naive/greedy "pet" breeders.

Apart from working and showing my dogs and occasionally breeding, I was also (with my wife Terry) the founder of the Siberian Husky Welfare Association (UK) and I can absolutely assure you that my attitude towards "unregistered" breeders is based 100% on bitter practical experience, not just opinion. In the past two and a half years, our organisation has rescued and rehomed over 350 unwanted Siberian Huskies. Of those, only 3 were bred by what we would regard as good, ethical, responsible breeders, and 90% were "unregistered."

Mick

Guest snowdog

whose we, and who made the term byb, bit of an insult if you ask me, there are good and bad in all walks of life but to call ppl you dont even know byb is both harsh and unfounded, and this is a forum for discussion isnt it and not slating cos if so im in the wrong place , i joined wht i thoug was a helpful forum with advice not judgments,for that i will ring simon cowell, can we plaese keep it civilised and not nasty!

Guest snowdog

Yes (maybe) would say to me that people would consider breeding but that doesn't mean they would breed in your situation though ;)

sorry what is my situation exactly? i have asked what people would do not me, please refer to the heading x

whose we, and who made the term byb, bit of an insult if you ask me, there are good and bad in all walks of life but to call ppl you dont even know byb is both harsh and unfounded, and this is a forum for discussion isnt it and not slating cos if so im in the wrong place , i joined wht i thoug was a helpful forum with advice not judgments,for that i will ring simon cowell, can we plaese keep it civilised and not nasty!

Backyard breeder is just the term for people who breed unregistered dogs. It's not an insult nor directly derogatory, it's just a term, and what it means when someone breeds unregistered dogs.

sorry what is my situation exactly? i have asked what people would do not me, please refer to the heading x

I meant the people voting yes in the poll are voting on behalf of their own situation which in some instances will be different to you, specifically.

For example, Raindog voted "yes, maybe" to breeding his dogs; but his situation is completely different to yours - he has been a breeder for 15 years, works and shows his dogs, they are all pedigree etc. Therefore, his situation is different to yours, and why he voted yes to breeding is obviously different to why you would vote yes to breeding.

2/3 hip score and to be honest im a farm breeder like you say smeagle aint i so? why's it matter to much to you anyways? why dont i just give you the other husky owners number and give them a call?

Sorry, you've lost me. Where did I say you were a "farm breeder"? What is a farm breeder? Do you mean a puppy farmer? It would be a bit hard to be a puppy farmer with just one dog ;)