Anyone have any nice stories about friends, family's sibes having a litter.

Guest snowdog

Sarah im not used toforums to do with huskys, and didnt realise how it works so you will have to excuse me if i find it difficult to deal with, idont mind opinions i work with it everyday, part from when im off work, but theresopinions then there is nasty names for people who breed outside of the gene pool! , i will expect this from now on.

It's ok it's getting your head round it :)

With husky forums - and other pet forums, questions about breeding 99% of the time do spark off threads like this - but don't take it as a knock against you because it isn't

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it's not worth the hassle at the end of the day - people argue and fall out and leave and just causes an uneasy feeling on the forum.

On the business cards i got made up for the forum it quotes:

not a breeding site, a forum run by husky owners for husky owners and that's the way we're going to stay.

having said that I do accept that the breeding questions will arise :)

it's not worth the hassle at the end of the day - people argue and fall out and leave and just causes an uneasy feeling on the forum.

On the business cards i got made up for the forum it quotes:

not a breeding site, a forum run by husky owners for husky owners and that's the way we're going to stay.

having said that I do accept that the breeding questions will arise :)

yea it is easier not to have it. but its fun to go on when your bored lol, but a lot of people have fallen out and left, even when it wasnt their thread. someone left after their 1st visit to the breeding section, she hadnt even posted on the thread! :eek:

i appreciate the question and yes i would and will if this is available to an (hate to bring this up) unpapered dog if it is then i would have to say i would snatch their hand off at the opportunity.

Anyone can join their breed club, pet owner or breeder :) Owning a pedigree dog is not a necessity.

No breeder should breed without understanding as much as they can about the breed, especially the breed standard, because that's what makes our dogs the way they are. This is why you see a lot of backyard bred dogs with poor conformation and find they are far more likely to have problems linked to their structure - for example, I see tonnes of BYB Sibes with poor tail sets because the people who bred them don't really know what to look for conformation and structure wise and sadly many of them have never even read the breed standard never mind understanding it.

Guest snowdog

I am willing to do all i can to do the best for my sibes an any sibes that may or may not be born, and i will read up on all that stuff, and also look for my nearest husky club x

I am willing to do all i can to do the best for my sibes an any sibes that may or may not be born, and i will read up on all that stuff, and also look for my nearest husky club x

I'm just a pet owner and I've been involved in both my breed clubs (I own two different breeds). It's a great way to learn more about your breed and get involved in it and meet breeders, pet owners, fanciers, showies, etc.

Meeting people who know the breed via your breed club is also a good way to learn more about the breed especially when it comes to understanding the breed standard and what makes a good dog. Do your breed research and learn about the breed before deciding to breed your dogs, so you if you do go ahead with it, you are armed with as much knowledge as possible.

Guest snowdog

Taken on board , but i have researched i am not goingin to this blinckered, i have abad taste in my mouth when it comes to kc breeders and showies as i have met and been around them and they not nice people specially with non kc sibey owners as they look at you like they stepped in you, but i guess they may be nice in my area not tried as reluctant, but will try x

Taken on board , but i have researched i am not goingin to this blinckered, i have abad taste in my mouth when it comes to kc breeders and showies as i have met and been around them and they not nice people specially with non kc sibey owners as they look at you like they stepped in you, but i guess they may be nice in my area not tried as reluctant, but will try x

If you want to breed you need to put yourself out there and learn as much as you can, there is only so much you can learn from researching on the net or reading a book, real experience is worth so much more.

Having been involved in breed clubs for a few years even just as a pet owner I can safely say I have never met a nasty person, every single breeder/showie and pet owner I've come across has been a lovely, helpful person who has their breeds best interest at heart.

You need to know the breed standard inside out before breeding your dogs so you know at the very least if your dogs are a good example of the breed structurally, one of the best ways to do this is to meet people active in the breed who you can learn from.

It's not worth trying to get involved in the breed, if you are committed to breeding you need to get out there so you can get as much knowledge and experience as possible.

OMG, I go away and have a life, come back and this is still going on:eek:

I did vote in the poll, I voted Hell No!

There is a breeder in Ireland that has a lovely male, has been top Sibe in Ireland for 3 years running and I asked her last year that if ever she bred from him, to please consider me for a pup. I would have considered breeding from that pup when it was old enough, if it was healthy enough but I wouldn't now, not having had 2 rescue bitches have pups. I have some gorgeous sibes here, all from pounds around the country, more than enough to have a couple of teams for racing:D

hi

What on earth is this about??????

Any Siberian, papered or not can have a DNA test. The difference between one with papers and one without is that with the unpapered dog you do not have a clue about its pedigree, whether there are any health problems in its bloodlines, whether there are any temperament problems in its bloodlines. In short, you know nothing about the dog other than the fact (if it has been DNA tested) that it is a sibe. Breeding from such a dog is, as I said before, playing Russian Roulette with puppies lives.

Mick

look i agree with all of you as the views are all the same in the sence that yes we have to look at the welfare off the pups. and that yes the breeder has got a responsability to where the pups will go. but that is not that easy to do all the time as the buyer will always say to you what you want to here, as they want the pup. its not a ideal world we live in and thats a fact.

if all buyers done like we do, investigate the breed before we decide on getting that breed then you will find that there would not be so many sibs in rescue centers just like other problematic breeds. and in problematic breeds i mean things like the sib is a digger and a chewer. As i knew about that we made the disision that the sib would come with us every where we go. not only does he not chew anything he has bonded big time with us. and yes i do understand that some pepole can not do that so they make arangements for there dogs, as we all know that we have a moral responsability to our dogs. BUT and this is the big one not everyone has the same moral values and thats why dogs ends up in rescue centers. The breedar can give info to the buyer but if that buyer has not got those values, even if the breedar will take that dog back he will never know about it as no one wants anyone to know they have failed with that dog or just dont give a dam. we do not live in a ideal world.

BUT WHAT I AM REALY ANNOYED AT is breeders that put clauses on the pups, their excuse is to preserve the bloodline that is the biggest load off rubish i have ever heard off, as the point off breeding pups from 2 fully papered sibs is to promote the bloodline. and those are the ones that are to blame for the amount of none papered sibs in rescue centers as they are forcing other pepole to breed there sibs with no papers and are really destroying a perfect bloodline that otherwise would have been carred on generation after generation and by doing that the price of a sib would have still been a high price and like that only the really intrested loving buyer would consider getting one.

And yes a DNA test will show the purity off a bloodline and its defects.

Just my two cents

Guest snowdog

If you want to breed you need to put yourself out there and learn as much as you can, there is only so much you can learn from researching on the net or reading a book, real experience is worth so much more.

Having been involved in breed clubs for a few years even just as a pet owner I can safely say I have never met a nasty person, every single breeder/showie and pet owner I've come across has been a lovely, helpful person who has their breeds best interest at heart.

You need to know the breed standard inside out before breeding your dogs so you know at the very least if your dogs are a good example of the breed structurally, one of the best ways to do this is to meet people active in the breed who you can learn from.

It's not worth trying to get involved in the breed, if you are committed to breeding you need to get out there so you can get as much knowledge and experience as possible.

yes thats what i mean, i am reading up on were my local huskie group is, and when and if i would be ableto go, unfortunatley for me i have met a few snooty gits who show, husky and other breed! and breeders who scam, but i will see what they are like at the husky group, and also i am still flipping the idea around about fostering as i know they are very urgently needed, and id welcome a home visit, i have loads of time to decide as regards to neeko having pups, even after all the breeding debate still 60/40 % so may phone or email the rescue centre and find out what it entails, and this way gain even more experience and knowledge first hand.

BUT WHAT I AM REALY ANNOYED AT is breeders that put clauses on the pups, their excuse is to preserve the bloodline that is the biggest load off rubish i have ever heard off, as the point off breeding pups from 2 fully papered sibs is to promote the bloodline. and those are the ones that are to blame for the amount of none papered sibs in rescue centers as they are forcing other pepole to breed there sibs with no papers and are really destroying a perfect bloodline that otherwise would have been carred on generation after generation and by doing that the price of a sib would have still been a high price and like that only the really intrested loving buyer would consider getting one.

And yes a DNA test will show the purity off a bloodline and its defects.

Just my two cents

All good, ethical, responsible breeders will endorse their pup's KC registrations. When we sell a puppy, we are selling a puppy, not a breeding machine. As I said earlier in this thread (or the other one - I 'm losing track - and the will to live!)..........

When the breeder registers a litter, he/she can endorse each pup's registration to the effect that any pups bred from the dog/bitch cannot be KC registered. This is known as a "breeding ban" although technically it is only a registration ban and unscrupulous individuals can still breed from the dog, they just can't register any of the puppies. Most breeders will lift these conditions if the following conditions are met:

1. The dog/bitch is of sufficently high quality to be bred from (usually assessed in the showring and in harness on the trail).

2. The dog/bitch has had all the appropriate health tests with good/satisfactory results.

3. The dog/bitch to which the dog/bitch is to be bred has also satisfied points 1 & 2.

4. The breeder feels that the dog/bitch's owner is sufficiently ethical, responsible and able to cope with all the ramifications of having a litter.

If the breeder does not feel these conditions have been adequately met then they will not and should not lift the bans and so if the owner goes ahead and breeds, the litter cannot be registered.

Another issue here is this - even in the best of litters, it is unusual for every single pup to be of the highest quality. If, for example, we bred a pup which had a major conformation fault, we would not only endorse that puppy's papers, but make it clear to the new owner that because of this fault, there would be no way we would ever lift the endorsement. The puppy would be sold on that understanding and a contract would be signed accordingly.

No-one is "forcing" anyone to breed unregistered sibes. If you don't fulfill the conditions set by the breeder in their contract of sale, then you shouldn't breed - full stop! If you choose to go ahead despite the endorsements, then as far as I am concerned you would be both dishonest (as you have broken the terms of your contract) and unethical.

As an example of why we do this - a friend of ours once bred a litter, the only litter they ever had. They sold one of the pups. Being a bit naive and new to it all, they did not put endorsements on the puppies KC papers. As a result, that dog was bred again and again and again to the extent that to my friend's eternal shame (although it wasn't really their fault) that dog now appears on the pedigree (whether registered or unregistered) of probably 30% of all the Sibes alive in this country today. What is worse, everyone assumes that it is my friend who was the puppy farmer producing all these pups, when all she has done is sell one puppy to the wrong person.

PS - DNA tests will show if a dog is a sibe, they are not sophisticated enough at this stage to be able to identify whether the dogs are carriers for particular physical problems. Similarly a DNA test will not identify inherited temperament issues.

Mick

All good, ethical, responsible breeders will endorse their pup's KC registrations. When we sell a puppy, we are selling a puppy, not a breeding machine. As I said earlier in this thread (or the other one - I 'm losing track - and the will to live!)..........

Another issue here is this - even in the best of litters, it is unusual for every single pup to be of the highest quality. If, for example, we bred a pup which had a major conformation fault, we would not only endorse that puppy's papers, but make it clear to the new owner that because of this fault, there would be no way we would ever lift the endorsement. The puppy would be sold on that understanding and a contract would be signed accordingly.

No-one is "forcing" anyone to breed unregistered sibes. If you don't fulfill the conditions set by the breeder in their contract of sale, then you shouldn't breed - full stop! If you choose to go ahead despite the endorsements, then as far as I am concerned you would be both dishonest (as you have broken the terms of your contract) and unethical.

As an example of why we do this - a friend of ours once bred a litter, the only litter they ever had. They sold one of the pups. Being a bit naive and new to it all, they did not put endorsements on the puppies KC papers. As a result, that dog was bred again and again and again to the extent that to my friend's eternal shame (although it wasn't really their fault) that dog now appears on the pedigree (whether registered or unregistered) of probably 30% of all the Sibes alive in this country today. What is worse, everyone assumes that it is my friend who was the puppy farmer producing all these pups, when all she has done is sell one puppy to the wrong person.

PS - DNA tests will show if a dog is a sibe, they are not sophisticated enough at this stage to be able to identify whether the dogs are carriers for particular physical problems. Similarly a DNA test will not identify inherited temperament issues.

Mick

lol you keep to your excuse plus i dont know in what planet you are in but in my planet DNA will iven tell you what the out come off 2 difrent DNA sibs will be in a pup .

this is my last comment in this subject

lol you keep to your excuse plus i dont know in what planet you are in but in my planet DNA will iven tell you what the out come off 2 difrent DNA sibs will be in a pup .

this is my last comment in this subject

Maybe you should check out a thread on this forum, I can't remember what it wsa called now, but I'm sure someone will remember:D One of our members wanted to know what their dog was, as it wasn't clear. The DNA results were, shall we say very inconclusive? Greyhound I think was one of the first results back.