Great Dane

Stormy

Arghhhhhhhhhhh all Rob keeps going on about at the moment is he wants a great dane!!!! He is like a child when he wants something keeps asking and asking and asking lol I keep saying no as it really is not practically expecially at the moment and there is NO WAY i would be able to walk it if it wasnt trained properly to which i have to do most of the training with these two as it is!

He said he will walk them in the morning if i say yes... to which i said well why dont you walk these two in the morning then... it wont happen will it? lol

i think they are great dogs but ive heard they can have loads of health issues my other half wants an english bulldog but at over £1500 for a decent pup i told him ok get me a red show quality malamute and you can have your bulldog soon shuts him up lol

i believe they are very trainable, and are lazy walkers rather than pulling trains.

however their life span as mentioned are reasonably short...starting from 5 years upwards...further to this they tend to have health issues. but thats a generic bio. some live long and healthy lives...some not so much x

beautiful dogs though!

We had a great dane x boxer when I was growing up, he was the BEST dog, but he had a heart attack when he was 8 (and I was about 6, I can remember seeing it happening, very traumatic :( ) so I think that would put me off ever wanting to get a dog with such a short lifespan. But temperament wise they are fantastic.

Lol i could ride the great dane and hold the two huskies either side hahaha

I dont know alot about them tbh with you had a quick look online but didnt know about the short lifespan that doesnt sound good if i was to get one (which im not) it could potentially die before my two now!

We had a Great Dane, and she was gorgeous. Walked beautiful on the leash, and loved every living thing. She used to walk around the garden smelling all the flowers :) Everybody loved her for her gentle and loving nature.

She had no health issues at all, and in the 11 years we had her the only time she went to the vet was for her shots. She got cancer at 11 years old and after the first operation, the vet told us if she gets it again, it would be better to put her to sleep. Which we eventually had to do a few months later - the saddest day in our life :(

She had loads of energy and was my husband's running partner for years.

I'll help then :P personally I dislike a breed that has a long list of health problems :( plus, the great dane's average lifespan is waaay shorter than most dogs (15 years) :( won't that be a little... heartbreaking? =\

I think i've pretty much convinced him its a bad idea and since we have found out Skye doesnt take well to new puppys it may be hard for us to integrate a new dog into the home anyway.

Don't do it!!!

Mikes mom has 2 and they are brilliant dogs, really sweet and gentle but they are just mahoosive and they don't realise how big they are and are very clumsy and you have to be careful how you feed them as they are at high risk of twisted stomach and they dribble EVERYwhere when they drink! and and and...!