Good bye, dear friend kona

We just received a few minutes ago that one of Kayak's Fur-iends and a dear friend of ours pass over to the Rainbow Bridge. He was taken into the Vet's last night for an abscess on his leg and found a mass in his throat. They did surgery and had complications after surgery. Jan had to make that dreadful decision to say good-bye.

We have shared photos and stories of Kona on HO for several months. He was a blind Siberian from abuse and Jan adopted Kona and gave him several wonderful years.

Kona was only 7 years old.

We will miss you so much, our dear friend Kona and Kayak will miss your play dates as well.:rainbowbridge: Kona, you left your paw prints on our hearts forever.

post-6713-13586040344414_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586040319639_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586040322833_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586040326054_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586040329158_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586040332198_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586040335078_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586040338_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586040340889_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586040343837_thumb.jpg

RIP Kona. Run free.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

It's so hard to lose them.....please express my sincere condolences to Jan. And let her know that I'm so glad she could share some of the good life with Kona who so deserved it. What a handsome boy he was.

Oh, and could you please give Kayak an extra hug for me tonight. Losing a good friend is hard for everyone - including huskies.

RIP dear boy run free and let the sights over the bridge fill your with new wonders. Please also give my deepest condolences to Jan at least he was able to know true happiness in his time left. Hugs from my pack to yours as well it is not easy for anyone to lose a friend be they dog or man :(

Rest in peace dear Kona, run free over the rainbow bridge:rainbowbridge: and know you are in our thoughts, your memory will live on, my heart is with you, your friend and Kayak in these hard times:grouphug:

We want to thank all the above for your condolences and your warm heartfelt thoughts for the loss of Kona. Jan contacted us that at 9:00pm Eastern Time (USA) she was lighting a candle in his memory and wishing him healing and health in his new world where she hopes he will meet up with her past two Siberians who were mother and daughter (Kia and Bryson). This of coarse was a sudden shock to Jan for she was to leave tomorrow with all 5 Fur Kids to Taos, New Mexico where she accepted the position of CEO of the Animal Shelter but will now be leaving Friday morning. We will share all of your wishes to her.

Kona, you will always be in our hearts and never forgotten:heartbeat:

SA DA KA

:(I really feel for your friend Jan and the correct yet painful decision she had to make regarding her precious Kona. It hurts so much when they leave us, but we must think about all the years that were before that were so wonderful and filled with joy, love and fulfillment. Run free, Dear Kona and on the way to North of the Rainbow Bridge where the Husky's go, say hello and have words with another kind, wise fellow, King Red Leo who will show you the best treats and paths to run.

A Prayer For Animals

Hear our humble prayer, O Gods,

For our friends, the Animals,

especially for animals who are suffering;

for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or

Frightened or hungry

for all that must be put to death.

We entreat for them all thy mercy and pity,

and for those who deal with them we ask

a heart of compassion

and gentle hands and kindly words.

Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,

and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

---Albert Schweitzer

:(I really feel for your friend Jan and the correct yet painful decision she had to make regarding her precious Kona. It hurts so much when they leave us, but we must think about all the years that were before that were so wonderful and filled with joy, love and fulfillment. Run free, Dear Kona and on the way to North of the Rainbow Bridge where the Husky's go, say hello and have words with another kind, wise fellow, King Red Leo who will show you the best treats and paths to run.

A Prayer For Animals

Hear our humble prayer, O Gods,

For our friends, the Animals,

especially for animals who are suffering;

for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or

Frightened or hungry

for all that must be put to death.

We entreat for them all thy mercy and pity,

and for those who deal with them we ask

a heart of compassion

and gentle hands and kindly words.

Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,

and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

---Albert Schweitzer

This prayer will be passed on to Jan, We will be talking this morning with her. Thank you!

I am so sorry to hear about Kona! :( Jan is in my thoughts, as well as you guys! I am so glad he was given a chance to enjoy a wonderful life. May he run free and I know he has joined up with our pack of lost Huskies watching over us. R.I.P. Beautiful Angel Kona :rainbowbridge:

Jackie kona is in your book by jan.