New Cafe Menu

SA DA KA

@Rosemary if your South African Husky Troopers do steal the prize from under their noses, that will be fine because we have always wanted to visit Africa:plane: and play with all the animals:rofl:. And I was told to let you know that if you do, the pastry chef will make that Torte for you in your kitchen;)

Aah, but you see, the pasrty chef and his chief taster are the Prize, the Torte we want to smuggle in is the rasberry on the cake, so to speak :D

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry we haven't posted in a few days, we are getting ready for Johnson State College Graduation on Saturday so I am up to my eye balls in Graduation cakes and other pastry items. Our Cafe has been very busy due to the influx of people in the Village coming to watch their Students graduate.

Enjoy these pastries.

TRIVIA QUESTION: SHE GOT "BOOTED" OUT OF JOHNSON STATE COLLEGE IN VERMONT TAKING ART CLASSES, SHE WAS BORN IN BROOKLYN NEW YORK IN 1953, SPENT 2 WEEKS IN THE WOODS IN CANADA WITH HER DOG SPARKLE TO FIND HERSELF. (WHO AM I?) HER MUSIC WAS VERY WELL KNOWN IN THE EARLY 1980'S.

1) Large Cinnamon Breakfast Buns

2) Apple, Raspberry and Black Cherry Kringles (a Swedish style pastry)

post-6713-13586040767081_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586040763505_thumb.jpg

Edited by SA DA KA

Well, we do have sleeping quarters in the bakery when we do long holiday baking. It is fully furnished. It is like the Scandinavian style bedroom loft. When should we expect your arrival?:rofl:

Don't tempt me! My current job will run out (it's temporary) in about 4 weeks... :rofl:

Everything looks so lovely, and in spite of the fact that I don't really like a lot of terribly sweet things, I think I could find way too much that I liked! ;)

mud slide brownies: Two sheets of brownies sandwiched with chocolate ganache and covered with a thin layer of chocolate, decorated with chocolate butter cream.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43757[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43758[/ATTACH]

I might have to scrape a little of the icing off the top, but those look fantastic! Chocolate is definitely my weakness...

chicken broccoli tortellini salad : 5 cheese tortellini, diced roasted red pepper, broccoli crowns, thin sliced red onion, chopped chicken breast all tossed in a garlic, sour cream mayo dressing. Sprinkled with fresh shredded mozzarella

post-6713-1358604078518_thumb.jpg

[MENTION=6713]SA DA KA[/MENTION] the answer to your famous person is Cyndi Lauper. She is an amazing singer with perfect pitch and a unique voice. Perfect pitch in singers in very unusual especially nowadays with autotune. My younger son uses autotune when producing bands and what he can do to the sound is remarkable.

I am sure if I went into your cafe every day there would be something new to try. I would have so much difficulty in deciding what to have.

@Biggles Very impressed Gill, how did you get your answer is what we want to know and did your son play a part in it :D Yes, she went to school here, and was very intoxicated most of the time just like her song, "girls just want to have fun" and she did. Most of this town found her very amusing. She was lots of fun and you are absolutely right, she has a very unique voice. Love her music. For playing and winning this trivia question. Should you ever come to Vermont, you have carte blanche at anything in the cafe and we do keep our word :D

Edited by SA DA KA

It is carte blanche lol! But that is the French for you!

[MENTION=5918]Molly's_Dad[/MENTION] well guess 4 years of French didn't pay off. Should have stuck to my first language, German. :D It was a battle just to learn English.

My younger son is a talented musician as well as finishing off a degree in music production so knows lots of information/trivia about different genres of music. Also for me it's an age thing and mind full of useless, or sometimes useful, information! Let's just say I remember Cyndi and her colourful hair when she first hit the music scene and her originality. Trivia fact she can sing in four different octaves, or so I'm told. My eldest son when he was younger used to get he mixed up with Madonna. Cyndi has the better voice. You may regret you're offer. Book me into your B&B when you open it and I'll be there.

My younger son is a talented musician as well as finishing off a degree in music production so knows lots of information/trivia about different genres of music. Also for me it's an age thing and mind full of useless, or sometimes useful, information! Let's just say I remember Cyndi and her colourful hair when she first hit the music scene and her originality. Trivia fact she can sing in four different octaves, or so I'm told. My eldest son when he was younger used to get he mixed up with Madonna. Cyndi has the better voice. You may regret you're offer. Book me into your B&B when you open it and I'll be there.
[MENTION=5430]Biggles[/MENTION] We would be honored and would look forward to meeting you.:)

Just picked Crimson Rhubarb from the Rhubarb patch. Not sure what I will be making with it, could be Strawberry Rhubarb pie with a streusel topping or Strawberry Rhubarb crumble bars.

Some photo's of the Rhubarb patch and next to them are the thornless raspberries. We can't wait for those to come and make pastries from them.

post-6713-13586042612798_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586042606492_thumb.jpg

Just picked Crimson Rhubarb from the Rhubarb patch. Not sure what I will be making with it, could be Strawberry Rhubarb pie with a streusel topping or Strawberry Rhubarb crumble bars.

Some photo's of the Rhubarb patch and next to them are the thornless raspberries. We can't wait for those to come and make pastries from them.

Mmmm, sounds wonderful!

I tend to make rhubarb slush with mine.....

8 cups rhubarb

8 cups water

3 cups sugar

Boil until rhubarb is done. Strain if you don't want the pulp in the beverage when complete.

Add:

1/2 cup lemon juice or lemonade powder (I use strawberry lemonade powder)

1-3 oz. box strawberry jello

Vodka (lots!)

Stir while freezing.

Fill glass with frozen mixture and add just a bit of 7-Up or Squirt.

MMMMMMM! Nothings better while sitting on the deck on a hot day!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44590[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]44591[/ATTACH]

Do you make straight Rhubarb pie? I've been trying to find regular just Rhubarb pie for Gloria-she's never had it before but likes sweet sour things, so I think thats the ticket. Rhubarb looks wonderful there, [MENTION=6713]SA DA KA[/MENTION] !

Mmmm, sounds wonderful!

I tend to make rhubarb slush with mine.....

8 cups rhubarb

8 cups water

3 cups sugar

Boil until rhubarb is done. Strain if you don't want the pulp in the beverage when complete.

Add:

1/2 cup lemon juice or lemonade powder (I use strawberry lemonade powder)

1-3 oz. box strawberry jello

Vodka (lots!)

Stir while freezing.

Fill glass with frozen mixture and add just a bit of 7-Up or Squirt.

MMMMMMM! Nothings better while sitting on the deck on a hot day!

​I've never heard of this before, this sounds like a great summer drink!