walk your dog with love harness

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It currently works like a charm on Bear. :) She's like a totally different dog, I can actually WALK with her rather than the usual getting dragged around. My shoulders are very pleased as they no longer feel like they're getting yanked out of their sockets, lol :dog3:

I've found that it works for D if I walk fast and if we only walk on the same side of the road. If we cross over he'll pull loads! Wierd eh? lol

New smells probably. I find that Sadie pulls like crazy on the walk down the road but when we turn around and come back the same way, she's perfectly fine. She still keeps the lease tight, but there's no pulling. I figure it's because she's already sniffed everything out.

New smells probably. I find that Sadie pulls like crazy on the walk down the road but when we turn around and come back the same way, she's perfectly fine. She still keeps the lease tight, but there's no pulling. I figure it's because she's already sniffed everything out.

Ah see Ds the opposite. Perfect walking away from the house but walking back he pulls like mad! Its just becasue he wants to get back and rub it in the other dogs faces that he's been out lol

Hi guys,

Dan wanted to answer some of your queries, and so, here is a message from Dan!

First people were wondering how WYDWL compares to the Easy Walk and the Gentle Leader and etc. Folks can see those answers here http://walkyourdogwithlove.com/competition.php

Second, someone wondered about its of “flimsynessâ€Â.

Similar to the reason airplanes are now being made of carbon reinforced plastic and not the original wood iron and canvas, or even the aluminum that we are so used to, it is the story of using the right material for the right job. Our harnesses are made of a material called Polypropylene. We use it for its dog friendly properties:

- Polypropylene (Polypro) is used in many industrial and consumer applications, and is known for its strength and durability. The Polypro webbing we use is a 1200 lb test webbing. That means it is stronger than 12 one-hundred pound Rottweiler’s pulling in the same direction. Our Sportso Doggo bright colored harnesses is a bit thicker and heavier, and a 3800 lb test . . . a bit of overkill I think!

- Most commercial harnesses are made of either Cotton, because it is cheaper for the manufacturer. Or Nylon And, indeed, it is thicker, and thus it seems more robust to a human’s first impression. Yet, that thick cotton webbing doesn’t have close to the strength of the Polypro.

- The thicker the material, the less flexible it is, which means it can chafe a dog. Thicker material has no ‘give’ and often rubs and saws at a dog. We don’t want to do that. Polypro also softens up much better than either nylon or the thick cotton- think your favorite pair of blue jeans. That means Walk Your Dog With Love is more comfortable for the dog. The Walk Your Dog With Love harness is meant to be forgiving and flexible so it conforms to a dog’s body, for even more comfort.

- The thicker material is also much heavier. Polypro is also 3 times lighter on the dog than Nylon and 5-6 times lighter than cotton. This is often overlooked, yet an important feature for a dog. It is the very reason they make sneakers, computers and knapsacks, ever lighter. Because things you wear and carry should be light and flexible.

Interestingly, they used to put extra weights in boom-boxes – to make them heavier than they actually were- because research showed that humans thought heavy was value. Yet now we are smarter and happy with a super-small iPod. It is the same reason that most vacuums are loud – that way humans know they are working. And the reason that many soap manufactures put a lot of perfume in laundry detergent - because many humans associate “smells good†with “cleanâ€Â.

- Very Importantly, Polypro does not absorb water like nylon or cotton. Whether it is rain, splashed puddles, dog saliva or lake, river or seawater – wet harnesses harbor bacteria – that is not good to have touching our dogs. And that bacteria is why those thicker harness end up smelling. It also leads to faster decay and rotting of the material.

Easy Walk, Sense-ation and most other harnesses are heavier and more cumbersome is because they have so many buckles and rings, all those things just add weight and make the harnesses confusing to use.

And most importantly, each time you sew a piece of webbing to a ring or a buckle you create a “hard†spot. All those buckles and rings chafe and are uncomfortable to begin with; these hard spots just make it so much worse.

That is why we call the Walk Your Dog With Love dog harness The World’s Best Dog Harness

Dan Merson

Stacey xxx

Thank you Nix - your comments and vids have really helped me! Kira's so strong she's pulled herself out of 2 (£25) harnesses and just bitten her way out of a third. Have tried the Canny as well. It calms her but doesn't allow her a work-out which she so badly needs, so we keep it as a "walk-round-the-block" standby. Thought I'd run out of options - limited funds limits experimentation - so THANX V MUCH!! Will let you know how we get on, cheers! Mary:wave1:

Thank you Nix - your comments and vids have really helped me! Kira's so strong she's pulled herself out of 2 (£25) harnesses and just bitten her way out of a third. Have tried the Canny as well. It calms her but doesn't allow her a work-out which she so badly needs, so we keep it as a "walk-round-the-block" standby. Thought I'd run out of options - limited funds limits experimentation - so THANX V MUCH!! Will let you know how we get on, cheers! Mary:wave1:

glad to hear me and of corse stacey - who without even i wouldnt have known about the harnesses - could help :) really hope it works as well as it has for me

• 4 weeks later...

I recently got a wydwl harness from stacey for my staffy boy diesel. I had no intention of using it on the sibes, nothing has ever worked on them and i've tried a lot of different headcollars, and a different (think it was a gentle leader) harness, none of which worked!

Got it the other day and tried it on D, because he's a bully breed cross, he's a funny shape, so it actually works better on him upside down!

Then decided to give it a go on Grey, OMG its brilliant! I havent walked him by holding his lead since i got my belt over a year ago, it hurt my hand and my arm and i ended up angry and upset because it wasnt enjoyable at all :( But he was so good! It even worked hooked on his flexi lead today when he was around a load of offlead dogs :D

I tried it on the girls today too, and keyu (who is a fruit loop, she has to be from working lines!) was a little confused at 1st and tried to fight it, she kept throwing herself forward trying to pull, but after a minute or 2 she calmed down and actually walked normally for the 1st time in 6 months!

Kira is a good girl anyway, but she will still pull a bit until she is tired, no pulling from her either, even on our way to the park (she gets super excited about the park)

I've just ordered a 2nd one so I can take them 2 at a time, bring on the ice! I wont be on my arse this year!!!

I'm really super impressed, I never thought it would work on my sibey guys (who work in harness)

Then decided to give it a go on Grey, OMG its brilliant! I havent walked him by holding his lead since i got my belt over a year ago, it hurt my hand and my arm and i ended up angry and upset because it wasnt enjoyable at all :( But he was so good! It even worked hooked on his flexi lead today when he was around a load of offlead dogs :D)

same with blaze - i havent been able to hold his lead for AGES its much better now :)

• 2 weeks later...

got one today in the post n just tried it out (no vids as of yet my phone died)

n all i can say is WOW its really good

was abit difficult to make smaller - but then i didnt have a clue what i was doing- stacey explained it to me tho n i was just like :facepalm: lol

anyway so i walked him on it n he was like a different dog - everytime he walked past my legs a quick gentle pull on the lead n he was walking to heel again n kept looking up at me too - n he actually looked happy which he didnt with the canny so thats awesome

n we even walked down catpath (my new name for the street where LOADS of cats live) n he pulled abit then but it didnt make my arm ache i didnt have 2 put 2 hands on the lead n i didnt have to lean backwards to keep my weight behind him

so this has got the thumbs up from me

will get some videos for you all on monday :)

deffo reccomended - n it has 100% money back garuntee if u decide its not for you :)

ETA: vids

2nd walk with the wydwl harness

BBq9uTCuBC0

4th walk with the wydwl harness

rNQBWE_itQ8

do you still use this harness, and would you still recommend this harness? I am considering buying 3 of them...so if it didnt last long or

if you later decided you dont like the harness please let me know, ok? be very honest in your review because Im thinking of paying the $90

for them. :)

do you still use this harness, and would you still recommend this harness? I am considering buying 3 of them...so if it didnt last long or

if you later decided you dont like the harness please let me know, ok? be very honest in your review because Im thinking of paying the $90

for them. :)

i still use it - its been a butt saver with the snow and ice weve had lately ;) i wont walk Blaze without it now - am thinking bout getting another cuz his could do with a wash lol - actually thinking bout getting 1 for bings too - he doesnt pull but he has his moments so would be great to have some better control over him when he does decide to pull - i can even keep them walking nicely when we see cats as they help give me so much more control too aswell as keeping them to heel :)

I'm 'thinking' of getting one of these...but how would it stop dogs from pulling? Couldn't they just figure out how to pull with it on?

I have this problem with Echo, she still pulls and I've had it for a while, just doesn't phase her :( This is also coming from a dog who still pulls with a gentle leader on (stubborn brat!), I've stopped using it since working with the WYDWL, but I may need to train her with the gentle leader instead, as it's a bit easier on me.

I can't wait for my harnesses to come, I ordered through Stacey the other day so they should be here soon. Trooper is a nightmare he's pills so much. I can't take the dogs out on my own and both dogs are to strong for my son to help. So I'm hoping with the harness my son and I can take them out yay can't wait xxx

εїÃ· H εїÃ·

guys if its not working, try putting the lead the other way, so rather than having it lead from the side you're standing on, have it going the opposite side, and over their shoulder, seems to work better with some dogs