walk your dog with love harness

Just recieved mine today! However, I am wondering about the size. She's 40 pounds right now, I ordered a small. This is as tight as I could get it, but the front piece seems lower than what I see in pictures. Is this normal? It seems much too loose to do anything. But I'll still give it a whirl tonight! Here's a pic of her modeling it so you can see what I mean about the size.

[ATTACH=full]32554[/ATTACH]

EDIT: Well, I gave it a quick test run when I took her out to potty, and it didn't work :( I'm hoping it's just a sizing malfunction, but I did get the right size for her weight and I couldn't get it any tighter, it's tightest setting is still loose on her. This is also coming from a dog who will continue to pull throughout the whole walk with a gentle leader on, no matter how much discomfort it's causing her, it only benefits me because the strength of her pulling is way less than in harness... she's a beast! She would be a heck of a sled dog with all that determination. Just hope I can figure it out with the WYDWL, I would hate to have to always use the gentle leader, as she really puts up a fuss about it and I would hate her to get any injuries from constantly pulling with it on.

At 40lbs, she should be a small.

Are you sure that the harness will not tighten any further? Remember that one of the reflective pieces slide and Nix also forgot about that when fitting hers.

Loose fits will not only effect it's use but also can make it so they can get out of the harness easily.

I've got a medium that I'm doing an extensive video on asap. I wanted to do it with my small, but I lost it and only found it the other day near a bench opposite my mums house. It's with stood 2 weeks in pouring rain but sadly someones broken the clip so I'm having to replace the clip.

I'll post the video here though as soon as it's sorted.

Stacey xxx

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 40lbs, she should be a small.

Are you sure that the harness will not tighten any further? Remember that one of the reflective pieces slide and Nix also forgot about that when fitting hers.

Loose fits will not only effect it's use but also can make it so they can get out of the harness easily.

I've got a medium that I'm doing an extensive video on asap. I wanted to do it with my small, but I lost it and only found it the other day near a bench opposite my mums house. It's with stood 2 weeks in pouring rain but sadly someones broken the clip so I'm having to replace the clip.

I'll post the video here though as soon as it's sorted.

Stacey xxx

I did do the "scooch" thing, but when I did that, the clip on the other side moved to her armpit (I think the video said it needed to be centered underneath her).You can see in the picture where the clip is placed when I adjust the piece on the other shoulder. I'm gonna try it again later when I get home from work. I feel like I'm doing it correctly, but I could be doing something wrong or forgetting something.. I'll keep working at it tonight!

I did do the "scooch" thing, but when I did that, the clip on the other side moved to her armpit (I think the video said it needed to be centered underneath her).You can see in the picture where the clip is placed when I adjust the piece on the other shoulder. I'm gonna try it again later when I get home from work. I feel like I'm doing it correctly, but I could be doing something wrong or forgetting something.. I'll keep working at it tonight!

the clip on my guys is by the armpit too

The big black plastic clip should be near the armpit, not underneath them.

Stacey xxx

Ok, I think we're almost in business... fixing the adjuster on the clip part definetly tightened it.. I tightened it to the point that it's just about going over her head now, however, she was still strong as ever, even on short lead with correction. So, I may need to tighten it even more, as tight as I can get it so that it still is able to go over her head (unless I adjust it while it's on her). What a brat she is! :lolman: Cross your fingers, haha!

Ok, I think we're almost in business... fixing the adjuster on the clip part definetly tightened it.. I tightened it to the point that it's just about going over her head now, however, she was still strong as ever, even on short lead with correction. So, I may need to tighten it even more, as tight as I can get it so that it still is able to go over her head (unless I adjust it while it's on her). What a brat she is! :lolman: Cross your fingers, haha!

try not to tighten it too much - will try n get pics ov blaze n skyla in theirs if i can - maybe its just gonna take her a while to get used to it

Yh D's has to be tightened while its on him. I get the harness out so its really loose, then chase him round the room to get it over his head (he KNOWS it works lol) Get it on him, then tighten it loads! But in the end it looks like like the muddy alue pic (minus the mud lol) :)

Got mine yesterday and it works like a charm! On Kira, not on Sadie, she does rodeo moves to get out of harnesses if she doesn't want to go somewhere D: She almost got out of it, I ended up having to carry her back to the house, good thing we didn't go too far.

Really happy with how Kira's working with the harness on, he still pulls, just enough so there is tension on the leash but no more than that, before he was EVERYWHERE! Little disappointed it won't work for Sadie, maybe after I start walking them a lot more she'll be better and not try to weasel her way out of it ._.

Got mine yesterday and it works like a charm! On Kira, not on Sadie, she does rodeo moves to get out of harnesses if she doesn't want to go somewhere D: She almost got out of it, I ended up having to carry her back to the house, good thing we didn't go too far.

Really happy with how Kira's working with the harness on, he still pulls, just enough so there is tension on the leash but no more than that, before he was EVERYWHERE! Little disappointed it won't work for Sadie, maybe after I start walking them a lot more she'll be better and not try to weasel her way out of it ._.

try tighten it a smidge - blaze when we first leave the house does the same and hes never got out of it :) i use a semi slip and double ended lead aswell just incase but i dont really need to

try tighten it a smidge - blaze when we first leave the house does the same and hes never got out of it :) i use a semi slip and double ended lead aswell just incase but i dont really need to

It was as possibly tight as it could have gone without hurting her. Sadie's managed to get out of all kinds of harnesses, I've never seen the likes of it before. She reminds me of a buckin' bronco, seriously. It didn't seem to work on her anyways, she was still pulling like crazy. My ezydog bungie leash will have to do the trick for now. I don't want to risk her getting out of any harness, I live out in the middle of nowhere and there's a lot of coyotes, these coyotes are the size of wolves out west. The other night there must have been at least 8 outside, not too far off from our house. We've had an adult dog of ours disappear when we were little and I'm pretty sure the coyotes got her ;_;

Update on Echo's progress: I took her out again in the harness today, but tightened it a little more (not too much, but just a bit more) and she could still pull, definetly.... but something else sold me on the harness. We went by 2 dogs during our walk, and normally she would be going nuts at the sight of another dog, and still be carrying on when the dog is long gone. Each time a dog came, she was ready to go crazy and I immediately stopped walking and held her in place. I held onto the harness by hand (as this is the only way she was keeping still) and when the other dog passed, we moved on and kept walking. I was amazed at that! Because she can be walking pretty decently, but once she sees a dog, the walk is a complete nightmare after that. She totally calmed down and gave in and walked pleasantly the rest of the time with both dogs we encountered. So even if she still can pull a bit, the fact that I had that sort of control (without treats.. I forgot them!! A must next time to reward her.. I praised her like crazy though) really made me like the product a lot. I will continue working with this and only use the gentle leader if it's really icy out. I'm hoping it will continue to do that... it's about 20 degrees warmer than it's been today and she seems more tired... the ultimate test will be in the bitter cold when she's wide awake and alive lol I am so proud of her!

Update on Echo's progress: I took her out again in the harness today, but tightened it a little more (not too much, but just a bit more) and she could still pull, definetly.... but something else sold me on the harness. We went by 2 dogs during our walk, and normally she would be going nuts at the sight of another dog, and still be carrying on when the dog is long gone. Each time a dog came, she was ready to go crazy and I immediately stopped walking and held her in place. I held onto the harness by hand (as this is the only way she was keeping still) and when the other dog passed, we moved on and kept walking. I was amazed at that! Because she can be walking pretty decently, but once she sees a dog, the walk is a complete nightmare after that. She totally calmed down and gave in and walked pleasantly the rest of the time with both dogs we encountered. So even if she still can pull a bit, the fact that I had that sort of control (without treats.. I forgot them!! A must next time to reward her.. I praised her like crazy though) really made me like the product a lot. I will continue working with this and only use the gentle leader if it's really icy out. I'm hoping it will continue to do that... it's about 20 degrees warmer than it's been today and she seems more tired... the ultimate test will be in the bitter cold when she's wide awake and alive lol I am so proud of her!

she might just take a while to get used to it :) but i do love how how much more control u have over them :)