walk your dog with love harness

I have just had three of these delivered - and for the first time in the last two months I was able to walk all 3 dogs together on my own. I had a bit of a scaffold going on though. I opted for a belt and braces approach. :rolleyes:

Equipment:

1 x Walking belt , 3xwalking harnesses, 3x4ft leads, 2x WYDWL harnesses , 2x 5ft leads.

It was a bit of a mess trying to get everything on when I got out of the car - but OMG I had complete control of my pups around so many other dogs.

Usually it is the Horizontal Husky Walk for me :dog3:

So all three were on my walking belt with the 4ft leads attached to the back harnesses - Skye doesn't pull so much so I didn't do anything else for her, but I put 2 5ft leads on the boys front leading harnesses to as a steer and to stop them pulling - I can't believe I managed it. :wow2: I am totally delirious....:yahoo:I won't let my guard down though cos the little sods would sense it and do a group lunge.....;)

i use a similar approach but its walking belt - wydwl harness - semi-slip collars and a double ended lead for each dog

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this has been answered, but does anyone know how this harness works in comparison to Premier's Easy Walk Harness? The Easy Walk also clips to the front of the dog. It worked for Echo for a little bit, but she got very used to it, and walking is a nightmare again. I've tried working with her on walking nicely on leash, but it does take a long time, she has her good days and extremely bad days. And with winter and ice coming and amount of time the training is taking, there is a disaster waiting to happen. The problem with the Easy Walk Harness, was not only did she get used to it, but I have to readjust several times during the walk because it loosens up quick (and she has gotten her leg out when she jumps around to the sight of another dog!) and it just doesn't seem to phase her.

I also bought a Gentle Leader, which works great, but she has had a hard time getting used to it and rolls around on the ground and fusses, and no matter how loose the nose loop is, it still rubs on her muzzle and causes chaffing.. tried padding the nose loop for more comfort, but since she is so determined to pull, it tightens and then she starts rolling around trying to get it off. I worked her into wearing it slowly, but she is still very fussy. I'm hoping someone has experience with the Walk Your Dog With Love Harness and the Easy Walk Harness that can give me a comparitive review! (I also plan on getting her a backpack for walks, so hopefully this will help!)

Maybe this has been answered, but does anyone know how this harness works in comparison to Premier's Easy Walk Harness? The Easy Walk also clips to the front of the dog. It worked for Echo for a little bit, but she got very used to it, and walking is a nightmare again. I've tried working with her on walking nicely on leash, but it does take a long time, she has her good days and extremely bad days. And with winter and ice coming and amount of time the training is taking, there is a disaster waiting to happen. The problem with the Easy Walk Harness, was not only did she get used to it, but I have to readjust several times during the walk because it loosens up quick (and she has gotten her leg out when she jumps around to the sight of another dog!) and it just doesn't seem to phase her.

I also bought a Gentle Leader, which works great, but she has had a hard time getting used to it and rolls around on the ground and fusses, and no matter how loose the nose loop is, it still rubs on her muzzle and causes chaffing.. tried padding the nose loop for more comfort, but since she is so determined to pull, it tightens and then she starts rolling around trying to get it off. I worked her into wearing it slowly, but she is still very fussy. I'm hoping someone has experience with the Walk Your Dog With Love Harness and the Easy Walk Harness that can give me a comparitive review! (I also plan on getting her a backpack for walks, so hopefully this will help!)

They look similar but the fitting is slightly different which makes a difference on the amount of pressure on your dog. Also the easy walk harness' front bit tightens when they pull, triggering further opposition reflex where as the walk you dog with love harness divides the same amount of tension at all times.

Catherine has brought her boy one because she previously has used the easy walk harness, but it's been wrapped up for Kody for christmas, so as far as a comparison review is concerned, you'd have to wait I'm afraid.

Otherwise the harness' are 100% money back guaranteed, so if at any point you think it's pants, you can send it back and get a full refund.

Stacey xxx

brought 2 of these for my girls and am amazed at how well they work i can now walk my girls at the same time on my own so happy with these harnessess xx

Actually been debating on getting one of these for a while now. My dogs have quiet a few harnesses and leashes, nothing seems to work. I try not to get too mad at the pulling since I want them to pull, run them on sled and with the pawtrekker. However, this might just do the trick, I'll have to order one later now that it's getting awesome reviews from people :3

People say they look flimsy so Staceybob do you have any stories of them actually breaking for huskies? Or are they stronger than they look? :) (Dont mean to put anyone off, just trying to kill the concerns)

They are far from flimsy. There has been one case of a dog breaking theres, but for this to happen, the harness must have been too loose for them have been able to pull that much tension on the harness. The material it is produced out of is the same as Ezydog, most x-backs and most other products - nylon webbing. Nylon webbing can hold up to 4,000 tonnes in weight. If you don't fit it properly - it wont work properly and you will ultimately cause damage to the harness - same as any harness.

There are hundreds of success stories with malamutes, huskies and even great danes.

Stacey xxx

They are far from flimsy. There has been one case of a dog breaking theres, but for this to happen, the harness must have been too loose for them have been able to pull that much tension on the harness. The material it is produced out of is the same as Ezydog, most x-backs and most other products - nylon webbing. Nylon webbing can hold up to 4,000 tonnes in weight. If you don't fit it properly - it wont work properly and you will ultimately cause damage to the harness - same as any harness.

There are hundreds of success stories with malamutes, huskies and even great danes.

Stacey xxx

So basically, people shouldnt worry :)

So basically, people shouldnt worry :)

In my opinion it's nothing to worry about and the harness that did snap should never have happened, but without being there we can't tell if people are putting them on properly. There are video instructions on diagrams on the website to help.

Stacey xxx

In my opinion it's nothing to worry about and the harness that did snap should never have happened, but without being there we can't tell if people are putting them on properly. There are video instructions on diagrams on the website to help.

Stacey xxx

I walked Kobi tonight with just the harness on, i thought i've got to have some faith! I also put a slightly longer lead on so that he could have a bit of a wander but if he starts to pull on it then i'm stopping or calling him back and giving him praise and/or treat, he's started coming back to me as soon as he feels too much tension on the lead. Its making the walks a bit longer (and less distance) but i'm gritting my teeth and getting on with it cos even with the harness he's still pulling badly (it worked at first but he's developed a tolerance to it), i'm trying to be fairly laid back in terms of allowing the looser lead so that at least he can wander a bit being as he's a husky!

This thread has been an enormous help to me so thanks very much to all :)

I walked Kobi tonight with just the harness on, i thought i've got to have some faith! I also put a slightly longer lead on so that he could have a bit of a wander but if he starts to pull on it then i'm stopping or calling him back and giving him praise and/or treat, he's started coming back to me as soon as he feels too much tension on the lead. Its making the walks a bit longer (and less distance) but i'm gritting my teeth and getting on with it cos even with the harness he's still pulling badly (it worked at first but he's developed a tolerance to it), i'm trying to be fairly laid back in terms of allowing the looser lead so that at least he can wander a bit being as he's a husky!

This thread has been an enormous help to me so thanks very much to all :)

ive found keeping blaze on a shorter lead for a few weeks helped - now he can have a longer lead n walks nicely still as hes learnt if he walks nicely he gets more lenth :)

ive found keeping blaze on a shorter lead for a few weeks helped - now he can have a longer lead n walks nicely still as hes learnt if he walks nicely he gets more lenth :)

I found Kobi was pulling very badly the shorter I had the lead, I wonder if I'm actually relaxing more when he's on a longer lead and he's picking up on that, I'm trying to get some lead discipline into his head before it ices up otherwise he's going to pull me over and with my dodgy back I'd rather avoid that.

I found Kobi was pulling very badly the shorter I had the lead, I wonder if I'm actually relaxing more when he's on a longer lead and he's picking up on that, I'm trying to get some lead discipline into his head before it ices up otherwise he's going to pull me over and with my dodgy back I'd rather avoid that.

you could be right...I found that when I was not at ease when walking the dogs I was actually pulling the leads tighter myself...:facepalm:

Gradually I would bring the leads closer to my body - I didn't even know I was doing it. Every now and then I tend to just concentrate on what I'm doing because if I see another dog come close or whatever I do really tense up the lead - Our furbabies def. pick upon this stuff.

Actually been debating on getting one of these for a while now. My dogs have quiet a few harnesses and leashes, nothing seems to work. I try not to get too mad at the pulling since I want them to pull, run them on sled and with the pawtrekker. However, this might just do the trick, I'll have to order one later now that it's getting awesome reviews from people :3

You will not be disappointed - If I can hold three on these harnesses then they have to be good. The look flimsy and you think Nope just like all the others never gonna work _ I was absolutely stunned at how effective they were. Even my husband, who would never dream of taking three at once :dog3::dog3::dog3:now has the confidence to take them all - knowing he has control... It is great to see and also to have a break every now and then...:rolleyes:

Here's how I'd describe the harness to you:

It avoids damage to the neck and it avoids damage to the back and triggering of their natural reflexes.

The harness is a humane way forward to a new way of walking your dog. It puts you a step ahead for you to work with your dog, one that I think is way more effective than any head collar. Your dog doesn't need to get upset or panic about it like some do with halti's. They can relax. You can relax. You can teach them the correct way to behave.

When I demo the harness, I always teach people the same thing - It is a million times more effective to make a small correction than it is to make a tug back. Remember if you tug back that even though it's attached to the front, extra force will still trigger a form of opposition reflex.

I need to do a demo video to teach you all how to use these effectively, but I've actually misplaced mine! As soon as I find it, I'll get on the case :)

Stacey xxx

Sibemum - Super glad you wrote that, just makes me want the harness that much more! On any given day if one of my dogs, just one, wants to go somewhere they can. I've been lucky, not many cases of this, and I'm glad they're strong, make awesome sled pullers ha. I'm usually really good at handling them but a wild rodent running is more than enough to get them excited. I'd never let my dog go. I've actually had Kira take off full tilt and have him drag me a good 5 or 6 feet across the grass before my weight bogged him down. Was more so my fault, I threw a ball while he was on an extendable leash that was just out of reach. We were both running towards the ball and the leash stopped a little before the ball, fact, husky will outrun a human any day and that's how I ended up being dragged across the ground, haha. I was a little mad but thought that I reacted pretty well, had a huge cut down my forearm, I was extremely glad that I was able to hang onto the leash for the fall and drag. Last thing that went through my mind before falling was "Don't let go of the leash, if he gets off and runs into the woods he could end up bound around a tree or a coyote kill him."

So yeah, I want something that will help my odds. I've tried a lot of different collars, leashes, weird contraptions but nothing seems to have any effect. I've even been consistent with corrections, but they seem to have more will power than me. Will have to see if it's in the budget this week with Christmas around the corner :3

So yeah, I want something that will help my odds. I've tried a lot of different collars, leashes, weird contraptions but nothing seems to have any effect. I've even been consistent with corrections, but they seem to have more will power than me. Will have to see if it's in the budget this week with Christmas around the corner :3

And if all fails they're 100% money back guaranteed and you get them at a discount from me, so no worries there :).

Stacey xxx

• 2 weeks later...

Just recieved mine today! However, I am wondering about the size. She's 40 pounds right now, I ordered a small. This is as tight as I could get it, but the front piece seems lower than what I see in pictures. Is this normal? It seems much too loose to do anything. But I'll still give it a whirl tonight! Here's a pic of her modeling it so you can see what I mean about the size.

post-6386-0-46225900-1372278332_thumb.jp

EDIT: Well, I gave it a quick test run when I took her out to potty, and it didn't work :( I'm hoping it's just a sizing malfunction, but I did get the right size for her weight and I couldn't get it any tighter, it's tightest setting is still loose on her. This is also coming from a dog who will continue to pull throughout the whole walk with a gentle leader on, no matter how much discomfort it's causing her, it only benefits me because the strength of her pulling is way less than in harness... she's a beast! She would be a heck of a sled dog with all that determination. Just hope I can figure it out with the WYDWL, I would hate to have to always use the gentle leader, as she really puts up a fuss about it and I would hate her to get any injuries from constantly pulling with it on.

post-6265-13586008424537_thumb.jpg