walk your dog with love harness

Yey, my bf going to get Kaylo one :) cant wait to see him actually walk!

we need one darrell was sorting his jeans out at the bottom lastnight while holding the lead and kaylo decided he wanted to chase a car and he pulled a loada muscles in darrells arm we spent a while in a&e and he is now in a sling

i think the WYDWL harness is a must have :)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any videos of a dog on one of these that lunges? I'm very interested in getting one but with the way Diesel just lunges after things I don't think it will work with him :( I'm running out of ideas to keep my shoulder muscles from ripping apart.

We've just ordered a similar thing from Amazon; yes, there are a few vid's on youtube to show you how they work. (Clip on at the front, rather than the back.) Like you, our dog pulls, pulls, pulls. And stopping her, turning her around etc doesn't seem to work. The good news is, I hope, is that she is going to be a front end dog...according to someone 'in the know'...I have reservations however, but that's another story.

We've just ordered a similar thing from Amazon.

This is what we have ordered, unfortunately it is coming from the States, so will take a while, but should be here soon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=PREMIER+Easy+Walk+Dog+Harness+MEDIUM+BLACK&x=15&y=15

OMG I've just bought 3 Sass Harnesses and a walking belt - but they are much better than the lead and collar. First day today. :)

But I have heard about the WYDWL harnesses but had no idea where to get them.:confused:

My youngster lunges and I really need something to discourage him from doing that and the simple design of the WYDWL will def help. I personally don't like the gentle leaders as I've seen them squash dogs faces up so it looks like one eye is almost closed but they are a great tool for the right dog and owner. As I've just bought the other three I will def sort something out next month............... my husband probably wont deserve a christmas present anyway.;) He's just bought himself a pair of harley davidson boots and what do i get? - flippin sainburys meadowbrook 2.99 sparling x 2 .....:mad:

Are there any videos of a dog on one of these that lunges? I'm very interested in getting one but with the way Diesel just lunges after things I don't think it will work with him :( I'm running out of ideas to keep my shoulder muscles from ripping apart.

blaze is a lunger when he sees other dogs - i managed to get him and skyla walking across the road from 2 yappy jrts the other day n all he did was look - he tried to have a dive but couldnt :) - because it attaches to the front when he pulls forward it will pull him back - i do use a collar and double ended lead with blaze tho as he likes to backflip when he sees other dogs too but hasnt slipped it yet

OMG I've just bought 3 Sass Harnesses and a walking belt - but they are much better than the lead and collar. First day today. :)

But I have heard about the WYDWL harnesses but had no idea where to get them.:confused:

My youngster lunges and I really need something to discourage him from doing that and the simple design of the WYDWL will def help. I personally don't like the gentle leaders as I've seen them squash dogs faces up so it looks like one eye is almost closed but they are a great tool for the right dog and owner. As I've just bought the other three I will def sort something out next month............... my husband probably wont deserve a christmas present anyway.;) He's just bought himself a pair of harley davidson boots and what do i get? - flippin sainburys meadowbrook 2.99 sparling x 2 .....:mad:

you can get the WYDWL harnesses thru Staceybob

blaze is a lunger when he sees other dogs - i managed to get him and skyla walking across the road from 2 yappy jrts the other day n all he did was look - he tried to have a dive but couldnt :) - because it attaches to the front when he pulls forward it will pull him back - i do use a collar and double ended lead with blaze tho as he likes to backflip when he sees other dogs too but hasnt slipped it yet

Oh I love the double ended lead and collar idea Nix thank you for the feedback :) I'm seriously going to try this out then. If I can ask where did you get your double lead from?

Oh I love the double ended lead and collar idea Nix thank you for the feedback :) I'm seriously going to try this out then. If I can ask where did you get your double lead from?

i got mine from ebay but the seller only posts to the uk Sid_Wolf could make you one tho :)

Thanks Stacey! It arrived on Saturday, in its nice woof! envelope lol!

Tried it Saturday, and he still pulled. But when he pulled Harley just pulled himself round to the side. No neck issues, no nose issues, just redirection. 20mins in and almost no pulling at all.

Went out with it last night, this time 10mins and almost no pulling at all.

Its a perfect tool for teaching heel for me and Harley, as there's nothing harsh about it, and it doesn't sit and operate with the opposition reflex like when I'm working him.

Great find, great service from the lovely Stacey, and a thanks from me and Harley. I can recommend it. I will however also be using every now and again the canny collar and his usual collar, and also his slip lead, in order to keep things moving towards a calm heel walking whatever the lead being used...

Yep, I can recommend it...

Best regards,

Smiler

Further update - just back from an amazing walk!

Today is Harley's easy day, letting his muscles recover (yesterday he had a 7mile bike-jor followed by an hour's pack walk and 30mins dog training class and further 60mins walk), so it is a 60mins smell walk (2.5miles) in the country first thing, then the 60min easy distance walk (3miles) on the roads we've just done, and then a short 10-15min walk later for him to do his evening do's...

So this is a day when he is usually full of energy, because he hasn't been worked in harness, instead long line to smell and take his time. I would usually use the canicross kit as he is brilliant on voice commands and it means I can take the strain the kit. Instead I used the WYDWL.

5mins later and a perfect heel, without even working on it. Less pull to start with too. Still the odd 'dart' to grab a smell, but nothing the mechanics of the harness and dog didn't handle fine.

He was an absolute joy to walk.

I think the key to success is the lack of opposition reflex combined with the redirection back towards the lead holder if they do pull. This results in a dog not pulling in a harness designed for the job, or fighting against a collar/nose harness/slip/prong etc, it is incredibly permissive. It is the most relaxed and comfortable I have ever seen him walk.

I've also realised it wasn't even on correctly - it wasn't tightened how it should be - therefore he had even more opportunity to move! I've just adjusted it better...will update as we go...

Stacey you need to be getting a profit on selling these, every husky owner should have one!