walk your dog with love harness

guys if its not working, try putting the lead the other way, so rather than having it lead from the side you're standing on, have it going the opposite side, and over their shoulder, seems to work better with some dogs

Mine always seems to end up like this (and it does work a little better), however nothing seems to be stopping my determined little one!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen people walking 3 large dogs with them - and they've all been perfect. If you are coming to camp, I can give you a demo.

Really pleased it's working for you Nix. I can post as many videos as I want - but people wont believe me till they see it on their own dog :)

Stacey xxx

Hi Stacey...I want to get one of these harnesses for Teeko and was told to go through you as I can't find any UK sites.

How do I measure him for one or is it totally based on weight? And, how do I order? Thanks!! :cheerleader:

I am kinda slow today lol, so lemme get this straight, the lead connects at their chest....to keep them next to you instead of out in front of you...pulling your arms off??? I WANT ONE!!!! Moro nearly tore my whole arm off last night...oh my goodness, I'll be weighing him and ordering him one!

Should I get one that might be a little big for Moro??? He's only about 7 months....I dunno how much more he'll grow? I'd guess he weighs about 30-40 pounds right now.....(trying to text hubby and have him weigh Moro), suggestions?? Also should I get an "adult weight" for the GSD? shes tiny right now...and I don't wanna buy a tiny one and in 3 months get a large, ya know?

Should I get one that might be a little big for Moro??? He's only about 7 months....I dunno how much more he'll grow? I'd guess he weighs about 30-40 pounds right now.....(trying to text hubby and have him weigh Moro), suggestions?? Also should I get an "adult weight" for the GSD? shes tiny right now...and I don't wanna buy a tiny one and in 3 months get a large, ya know?

mine are in a medium which is 55lbs to 110lbs - they go by weight not by size

for 30-40lbs he would need a small - u might have 2 upgrade depending on how much more he grows - BUT are deffo worth it and they arent expensive either

for ur gsd id just try n n train her with the normal methods depending on how old she is? cuz obv u cant guess how much shes going to weigh when fully grown - when u upgrade for moro tho u could probably give the smaller one to your girl

Staceybob will know better than me

I think the GSD will be AT LEAST 55 pounds, her feet are like little lion paws lol. Moro I can't see him getting bigger than the Boxer which is pushing 55. I understand they are adjustable. I figure if I get the 55-110 or medium that I can at least adjust it to the lowest setting, he has a broad chest. Thank you ALL so much!

I think the GSD will be AT LEAST 55 pounds, her feet are like little lion paws lol. Moro I can't see him getting bigger than the Boxer which is pushing 55. I understand they are adjustable. I figure if I get the 55-110 or medium that I can at least adjust it to the lowest setting, he has a broad chest. Thank you ALL so much!

It's difficult to say as it needs to fit snuggly, so you could get the medium and then it might be too loose. We can't guarantee a fit if you go for the next size up, but if you receive it and it doesn't fit, you can get it exchanged for the next size up or down.

Stacey xxx

may

We were able to get Moro to walk with NO pulling tonight thanks to a local trainer. I'll give the harness a good go but we may not need it now, still I greatly appreciate all the info here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

maybe you could post up ur experience n technique in a thread for people ?

We were able to get Moro to walk with NO pulling tonight thanks to a local trainer. I'll give the harness a good go but we may not need it now, still I greatly appreciate all the info here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

What did your trainer get you to do?

I think I'm about the only failure with the harness, I do use it now but only as I'm doing intensive walk to heel training. The moment I lose concentration Kobi starts pulling like mad :(

He worked with Moro first on Sit/Down (which come with a built in stay because they are not supposed to move until you tell them) once he was "warmed up" we went for a walk, when Moro started pulling he'd give him a quick tug to the side and say no, heel. Once Moro slowed down he'd praise him, then tell him "good heel", and he had it after about 3 tries!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooooo proud and omg what a load off of me.

I've got Kobi walking to heel and when I sense he's about to charge off I get his attention with heel then when he walks back by me I give him a treat. I'm practising trying to keep his attention mainly on me so we can keep walking, it's hard work and lots of treats but it's the best we've managed with him.

When I stop or get him to sit we spend most of our time standing still lol.

I do short training once a day aswell and have him walking slightly longer distances without giving treats all the time, he gets lots of praise when he's by my side plus regular treats so I'm hoping he realises this is the best place to walk :)

I think I'm about the only failure with the harness, I do use it now but only as I'm doing intensive walk to heel training. The moment I lose concentration Kobi starts pulling like mad :(

have u tried having the lead go the other side of him so it ends up coming across the back of him?

You are not alone... I too have not had much luck with Echo in the harness.. trying everything I can, but she is so head strong and determined.. typical! I won't give up on her though, hopefully something will work eventually!

You are not alone... I too have not had much luck with Echo in the harness.. trying everything I can, but she is so head strong and determined.. typical! I won't give up on her though, hopefully something will work eventually!

I don't feel alone now! We too are determined not to give up although it gets a bit grrrrrr lol

I don't feel alone now! We too are determined not to give up although it gets a bit grrrrrr lol

Oh yeah it is, not to mention painful, lol. Maybe one day, 12 years from now, she'll ease up just a little bit, haha. Who knows, maybe when the warmer weather comes, it'll be easier to train her because maybe she won't have as much energy! (Have not had her during the spring/summer) We'll see!