Kira the cro husky

DamirNYK

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's hot as hell over here so we try to cool off by going to the riverside. Although Kira loves water she refuses to swim, we know she knows how to cos she swam a couple of times when she fell in and once after a goose so she only goes as deep as she can touch the ground.

P140611_1913-1.jpg

P140611_1911.jpg

P140611_1914.jpg

Here's one from chilling on a raft.

270517_10150263836778184_756623183_7486224_7035773_n.jpg

And a couple of fisherman friends

P070511_102502.jpg

P070511_102503.jpg

On friday it'll be 6 months that she's with us, so I think she's settled. Oh, and by our math it'll be her 2nd birthday (they told us she had 1 and a half years when we addopted her). What I wanted to say is, it was a wonderful 6 months and I'm sure it will continue for many years to come! :heartbeat:

OK, so, to elaborate on the Kira-bear thing!

It was in June when 3 of my friends and me and Kira decided to go on a little field trip.

Our destination was mount Velebit, probably the most beautifull, untouched part of Croatia. (more about Velebit here http://www.velebit.hr/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=53 , and here http://www.np-sjeverni-velebit.hr/)

We decided to put our camp here

263941_2190854569574_1193415294_2723863_4750591_n.jpg

It's called Veliki Lubenovac, a wonderful place, about 20 km far from the nearest village and 1 hour walk from the nearest asphalt road.

In the evening we only put up our tents and spend the time eating, drinking, having fun. It's great how at those hights beer goes down the throat soooo easy!:camping:

And you have to drink to build up courage for sleeping in the tent, surrounded with wild boar, wolves and bears roaming around. :eek:

In the morning we went for a walk to one of the peaks and that's when the bear meet happend.

We were walking through the woods and suddenly Kira stopped and focused on something in the bushes, started growling! We all stopped and I said it's either a bear or a wolf, meant as a joke, butt when we took a better look there really was a real wild bear about 25 meter in front of us. We immediately started to walk back and I even had to pull Kira back cos she probably wanted to attack the bear :jawdrop:

We then turned around and went to another peak where this photo was taken. It was a tough climb for Kira butt she managed, we even had to transfer her over a few big rocks, butt it was a lot of fun!

258787_2190752207015_1193415294_2723756_468244_o.jpg

P230611_0854.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just to freshen up Kira's album a bit here's a few new pics of her. When I look at her first pics 7 months ago and now...:jawdrop:, oh she's such a beauty (maybe a few pounds overweight but I dare you to try and tell that to a female :lolman:)

06102011157.jpg

06102011158.jpg

Thank you. I'll try to stay active as much as possible. i'll have a few questions of my own to ask regarding Kira's eating habits, she seems to see anything as food, even when not hungry.

Once he killed a chicken and just swallowed us much of it as possible, throwing up most of it afterwords :eek:.

There's no pics of that, butt he re are some of when she caught a mouse (he was lucky cos she only played with it after digging him out of the hole).

267777_10150263836563184_756623183_7486219_3613847_n.jpg

269102_10150263838743184_756623183_7486254_1679057_n.jpg

And she loves fruit, cherries, pears, apples, plums etc. here's how she eats apples.

P080811_173201.jpg

P080811_1732.jpg

I thought dogs were not supposed to eat whole apples (or any fruit seeds) becasue the seeds are bad for them becasue they contain cyanide well nobody is supposed to eat it technically :P not just dogs

• 3 weeks later...

I thought dogs were not supposed to eat whole apples (or any fruit seeds) becasue the seeds are bad for them becasue they contain cyanide well nobody is supposed to eat it technically :P not just dogs

Hmmm, I wouldn't know about that, you're probably right, butt I think the cyanide percentage is too small to be dangerous, after all, I sometimes eat the whole apple, and we're both still alive :D

Hmmm, I wouldn't know about that, you're probably right, butt I think the cyanide percentage is too small to be dangerous, after all, I sometimes eat the whole apple, and we're both still alive :D

True if you didnt have a ton a day and HOW CAN U DO THAT lol my aunt does that too but I could never eat a whole apple >.<

Here's one before & after picture for you,

after 8 months that little, skinny, scared little wolf became a real beast, with beautiful real polar coat, 10 kg heavier (maybe 1-2 kg too much:redface1:) and almost fearless.

nekadisad.jpg

Left picture was taken at the shelter, somewhere at the end of February, and the right one, in the forest where we go for a walk almost every day, at the end of October.

What a great story-so glad you rescued Kira and gave her a forever home, and to be sure, she is glad too! What a beautiful girl she is, what a stunning Husky-great job rescuing her! Pics are great, too:up: thanks for putting a lot in there for us to look at:D Love that pic with your cat with Kira in the doggie play position! Sorry about the loss of your lovely cat:( we just lost one that was 14 also

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...