Kira the cro husky

DamirNYK

It's been a hot summer so far so we've spent most of our time cooling under the AC.

But last couple of days got a bit fresher and after a long time Kira has a medicine that works for her and makes her pain bearable and allows her to move and behave almost normally, so we can go on walks again.

What didn't change for Kira is that she still has the unlimited appetite and had to eat every apple that she could find on our walk.

11741189_10153548151453184_2875256097897

11111066_10153548152903184_1824223291931

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

As the summer approaches it's end, I'm happy to say Kira's health is holding on, she's a though little girl and we're doing everything to keep it that way. Her walks were cut down to minimum and it fell hard to both of us, but lately I've found out about a new way to help her. BEETROOT, so I've been feeding her with it over the last couple of weeks and still giving her Decortin (2.5 mg a day, which according to our vet is such a small dosage that it's amazing that it helps) and finally she's cheered up, acting a lot better (still far from normal husky, but a lot better then over the last 6 month).

With her feeling better we could finally go out a bit more, and to prove us she jumped into a water stream and got herself some fancy new socks

WP_20150822_004_zps6uehajkh.jpg

WP_20150822_001_zpspcotkkef.jpg

Day after that we took her to seaside, where we spent the whole day

WP_20150823_005_zps6ld9bbv8.jpg

WP_20150823_002_zpsehpsymxc.jpg

To top it all we went to another walk the day after, a somewhat longer walk compared to anything lately, so that was 3 days in a row that she's been exposed to physical stress, and she passed it with flying colors, never giving any signs of pain or tiredness.

I'm intrigued to know if it's the beetroot that's doing the magic, so I plan to take her for a blood check up after maybe a week more of giving it to her, just to see what her blood picture looks like now.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it didn't take long for my little MoonMoon to get injured again :(

This time she injured her nail on a rear left leg. We're not really sure how or when, but it looked like she got it caught somewhere and just pulled it out. At first we only noticed that that nail is oddly longer then the rest and if I tried to touch it she'd cry and wouldn't let me cos it hurt her like hell. Over night the nail fell of (she probably licked it off) and we took her to the vet.

All in all, it's all good now, the vets cleaned it, disinfected it and gave her some antibiotics. She walks normally now, but I bought her a shoe just to keep it safe and clean when we go outside.

WP_20150922_001_zpsy7meezuf.jpg

Cheers from Kira B)

Sorry to hear she hurt her nail. Brooke ripped off her dew claw when she was a pup and whatever she did caused a weakness there. It's fallen off several times since in her lifetime. It's not much fun for them.

It sure isn't. We're trying to treat it the best we can cos that area is germs paradise and it'll take some time before the nail grows out. For now the doggy shoe seems like a bingo in helping us to keep the wound clean :)

• 2 weeks later...

The nail is growing out now and things seem to be getting back to normal with Kira, we even went for a walk today.

My wife put her vest on the grass to sit on it and turned away for a minute, Kira took her spot in a second, why lay on grass when there's a cozy vest right there :)

11731668_10153709553578184_8908500798979