Kira the cro husky

DamirNYK

This is a story about a little adopted she-wolf Kira :)

It all started when I decided I was ready to get a dog, my familiy always had pets of all sorts, from birds, fishes, turtles, bunnys to cats, so this time I wanted a companion of my own, butt it had to be a special dog, so I started exploring. After checking around I saw how the character is the most important, and the choice came down to Chow chow or Husky. They're somewhat similar in behavior (stubborn, have an opinion of theire own), and I was at pat position.

Then one day I came across an add about a beautifull little girl that someone abandoned and that needed a new home. It was love at first sight :lovebone:

Here are some pics from the shelter, a beautifull skiny creature full of love.

bella1p.jpg

bella5.jpg

bella3z.jpg

68206118.jpg

To be continued...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, to continue...

After talking with the volunteers from the shelter I decided to go check her out, and if she likes us, we'll take her. The shelter is in the mountain part of Croatia, and that same day that I was supposed to go see her about 20 cm (6-7 inches) of snow fell, and all the roads were closed, butt the very next day I took a day off from work and just had to go there. When me and my girldfirend came there... wow ... let's just say the love was mutual cos no word can describe that feeling. She went home with us straight away.

When we got home we fed her, gave her a nice bath (which she hates :mad:), and got ourselves a new familiy member.

DSC01706.jpg

It all got her a bit tired, so we left her to get some sleep.

Kiraspava.jpg

That's pretty much the story of how Kira became my pet/friend.

But the story of Kira the heart winning, breath taking husky continues.

Kira immediately got a friend in our friends dog, the Setter called Jerry, I can't say that it was love at first sight, cos at the beginning she was a little scared and confused, but soon they became the best friends in the world. They absolutely adore each other.

KiraJerry.jpg

PICT1918.jpg

And a video of them playing

qwH9HEoZfBw

Thanks for the nice comments, now that you've gotten to know her story, here's some more of Kira.

A big smile for everyone

Kirasmile.jpg

Meeting the cats, this one doesn't like Kira, even provokes her at times.

P060411_1659.jpg

And this one was a good friend of hers, a very old cat, that passed away last week. She and Kira got to get along, and till now that cat was queen of the backyard, she was the boss!

P210711_202101.jpg

P210711_202103.jpg

Awww, she is lovely! Very beautiful! Hope we'll see you around the forum plenty!

Thank you. I'll try to stay active as much as possible. i'll have a few questions of my own to ask regarding Kira's eating habits, she seems to see anything as food, even when not hungry.

Once he killed a chicken and just swallowed us much of it as possible, throwing up most of it afterwords :eek:.

There's no pics of that, butt he re are some of when she caught a mouse (he was lucky cos she only played with it after digging him out of the hole).

267777_10150263836563184_756623183_7486219_3613847_n.jpg

269102_10150263838743184_756623183_7486254_1679057_n.jpg

And she loves fruit, cherries, pears, apples, plums etc. here's how she eats apples.

P080811_173201.jpg

P080811_1732.jpg

That last picture is so cute! She's like an overgrown squirrel eating that apple between her paws like that! Just be sure not to feed her any grapes/raisens, onions, tomato skins or, of course, chocolate! Maybe she was used to struggling to find her food before she was rescued and thats why she'll eat anything. Try her on carrots! Most dogs love a raw carrot and veg will be much better for her!

That last picture is so cute! She's like an overgrown squirrel eating that apple between her paws like that! Just be sure not to feed her any grapes/raisens, onions, tomato skins or, of course, chocolate! Maybe she was used to struggling to find her food before she was rescued and thats why she'll eat anything. Try her on carrots! Most dogs love a raw carrot and veg will be much better for her!

That's how she eats her apples :lolman:, sometimes she grabs it and goes in front of the door, wanting to go in the house and then eating it peacefully on her blanket.

I know about grapes and chocolate etc, she's not allowed to any of the forbiden food (from the danger food thread), I didn't know about tomato skins though, tkanks.

That's how my husky boy eats apples too, he looks like a squirrel when he does it, and he's so careful and delicate picking at it, it takes him forever to eat it :)

+1 on the carrots though, not all of mine love them, but some do, and my husky does the same thing with his paws and the carrots, it's even cuter then :D