Devastated by loss of Kodiak....

I don't know why I am posting here, maybe just to have feedback from those who understand the incredible love that these amazing Siberian souls bring....

I lost my wish Husky Kodi today to a twisted intestine, it caused a lethal infection that he never recovered from. Kodiak was just shy of 2 years, he was the only dog I have ever wanted and I had his name picked out for over 20 years.

This baby boy was an AMAZING companion, just the absolute best disposition, personality and love I could have asked for, he was my love. I am just leveled by this loss and am crying and mourning in a way I have never experienced.

I so hope the Rainbow Bridge exists or something like it, I just have to know that he is somewhere happy, painfree and playing his heart out & that we will be together some day.....why does it feel like I have lost my heart ?

post-3624-13585983405847_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh Michele you've got me in tears :( I've not experienced the loss of a beloved pet since I was a child but even then it hurt and I can remember it all so clearly to this day. But I can only begin to imagine how devestating this must feel and how hard this is for you.

Rest In Peace Kodiak, it sounds like your mummy gave you an amazing life, what a tragedy it was cut so short :cry1:

:rainbowbridge:

I don't know why I am posting here, maybe just to have feedback from those who understand the incredible love that these amazing Siberian souls bring....

I lost my wish Husky Kodi today to a twisted intestine, it caused a lethal infection that he never recovered from. Kodiak was just shy of 2 years, he was the only dog I have ever wanted and I had his name picked out for over 20 years.

This baby boy was an AMAZING companion, just the absolute best disposition, personality and love I could have asked for, he was my love. I am just leveled by this loss and am crying and mourning in a way I have never experienced.

I so hope the Rainbow Bridge exists or something like it, I just have to know that he is somewhere happy, painfree and playing his heart out & that we will be together some day.....why does it feel like I have lost my heart ?

I'm so sorry. (((((Michele))))) It feels like you've lost your heart because you have lost a huge piece of it. All I can say is I'm so very sorry.

Requiat, Kodiak.

Losing a pet is hard, my girl passed recently. Everyone else in my family doesn't understand, they just say "but it's just a dog". A pet is like a best friend and family all rolled in one. You were separated too early, but I'm sure you'll find each other again someday.

What a tramatic ordeal. My heart goes out to you. Zoya and Eisa send Husky Hugs.

:(

*virtual hug*

And Suka sends his husky kisses your way! I'm terribly sorry by this - I know what it is like to lose a pet! (I had a budgie, Pepi, and I cried for 5 days and he was just a little bird! Not as much interaction as a dog. So when Suka goes...I...don't want to think about it....) :( :(

I am so very sorry for you loss - each one that leaves us takes such a huge chunk of our hearts with them - the only consolation for us (at least for me) is that they leave an even larger chunk of their hearts with us... I DO believe that all dogs go to Heaven - he will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge! :grouphug:

Im so sorry for your loss Michelle. Such a waste of a lovely boy. I dont think any of us can every truely know what it feels like unless we have actually experienced it ourselves. Personally I wouldnt wish to, I hate to think of that and how I may one day loose my babies. I imagine its a pain indescribable.

R.I.P. Kodiak, :rainbowbridge: run free little man. xxx

They take so much of our hearts when they leave us.........but they leave so much of their hearts behind..........it's only right that we should mourn them so.

May the memories you hold give you peace - it will take some time, but they will.

And hugs to you - lots and lots of hugs.