Luna's SA training

Okay, I've decided to start a thread that I can keep updating to let you all know how Luna's SA training is going.

Week one was very slow, we're only up to ten minutes. I've now got my OH's camera, which I can set up to film what Luna gets up to while I'm out.

The first leave of the day showed that Luna runs upstairs and then goes to the window in the living room, but she's not barking. I'm going to try another leave in a minute but I'm going to close the living room blinds so she can't see out and I'll set the camera up again to see what happens.

Wish me luck!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loads of luck Chloe

just be careful with closing your blinds,just wondered if she'd try to get through them to see

and maybe damage in the process.

will be watching this thread with great interest

hope your gorgeous girl 'cracks it'' soon:D

Well the camera is certainly interesting! She's not bothered intially when I leave the house, she was even playing with her kong to begin with, but she soon realises I haven't come back yet and then runs to the front door (can't see it from where the camera is positioned but she runs into the front hall) and then runs to the front window (blind has survived the last two "leaves") and then back to the front door, where she whines and scratches.

Should I try staying away for longer and see if she goes back to her kong?

Okay, changing tack....the video's only show that she doesn't settle down but gets more and more frantic the longer she's left.

So I'm moving furniture and bringing her crate into the living room!! Time for her to get better aquainted with it!

re crates, I just thought i had lost Storm and I found him in the dogs room aka utility room in his crate having a nap :wub:

[ATTACH]15834[/ATTACH]

Luna's new crate location, behind our sofa in the living room, she'll have a view of us coming and going from the kitchen and the dining room but no view of the front windows.

I'll keep the blind shut but the only time the sun hits it is very first thing in the morning so she won't overheat.

Fingers crossed this helps!!

p.s. can't figure out how to get a video loaded!:confused:

post-5497-13585978606314_thumb.jpg

Rats....I love my mum but she chooses the most inappropriate times to visit!! She's totally disrupted my entire afternoon of crate training!

I'm now babysitting her old furbaby "Bo"...a GSD cross border collie (who looks hugemungous next to Luna!), who is also getting SA in her old age.

I am the official SA dog sitter for my family so it seems...

post-5497-13585978613952_thumb.jpg

But just think about all the experience you're gaining, now we know who to come to for our SA help!

Ha ha, yes I will be a wise old sage on the subject soon enough! With no hair because it will have either fallen out or been pulled!

I do hope luna gets it soon and that my threads help people in the future, it is bloody tough, I really didn't think it would be this hard.

Perseverence and patience...by the bucketload!!

Ha ha, well my afternoon was disrupted by the arrival of the old lady "Bo"....so no more training has been done this afternoon. I currently have a grumpy old lump by my front door and a sleepy puppy snoozing in the garden. Nowt to teach at the moment!

When the OH gets home I'll get him to show me how to upload videos to YouTube and I'll post a video of what happens when Luna is left alone.