BIG FORUM MOVE

Marc

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This looks wicked I actully think I under stood. So cannot wait.

Does this mean I don't have to resize my pics first I am so so excitied thanks Marc and all involved for all your hard work and dedecation on just making the best forum ever in my eyes even greater. xxx

The only limitation will be the same 2mb filesize as this is a server limitation as apposed to software. Most people will be able to upload straight from their cameras if they are just a general cam. Its only for people who are taking them in larger sizes

Just done a test just out of curiosity:

Now both xenforo and invision are on the same server with the same data I thought it would be good to do a speed test, but not a technical one. I wanted to do something more based on reality.

So here are the step:

1. Start within a topic in the announce section
  2. Click on forum and wait for forum home to load
  3. Click on main chat to get the topic listings
  4. Click on Start New Topic/Create thread
  5. Type a test thread (both with same wording for consistancy)
  6. Wait for page to fully load back to the topic just posted.

RESULTS

INVISION (Current software) - 39.8 Seconds

XENFORO (New Software) - 28.2 Seconds

As we have been asked about rep tracking, I thought I would get a screenshot up here for you to look at from the new LIKES system

[ATTACH]9100.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-1-13585965802129_thumb.png

I might be wrong as I just took a quick peek, but it looks like you won't be able to see the replies and the actual replies in XenForo. Only the newly posted topics, title, author and time (and possible the amount of replies if your reader supports it).

Thanks for checking!

Just tested this with Sarah (Sqwidge) and can post with the ipad no problem. Cannot as of yet use the file upload feature on this device yet though, however is more compatible than this place.

Also Im sure a fair few of you will be happy to know, the software also supports the Tapatalk application which is available for most smartphones.

So here's the plan ..... I am going to go to sleep once I get home from work on Friday night so I can go for a 00:00GMT on Sat start on the move. This way the mass majority of our users may not see any downtime.

What people will see is that when the forum is initially switched back on, features will be missing. These will begin to reappear piece by piece throughout the weekend.