Weight Loss Support?

Lil Miss Bump

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to this thread but I feel like I need this in my life.

I'm only 5'4" and I was tipping the scales at 235lbs last Thanksgiving. Since I started winter quarter at school, I've some weight. I haven't weighed myself since before we got Athena and I was 202lbs. I don't have a scale at home because if I did I'd be weighing myself before and after every meal or exercise. So I weigh myself on the scale in the gym at school before I work out. I lost the weight by taking in all the information from my Nutrition class and my Weight Training class to heart. I've been trying to eat healthy and when I do have a sweet treat, I try to balance it out with healthier snack later in the day. If I want a fatty meal for lunch, I'll have it, but I'll make sure that breakfast is light and dinner is healthy. I make sure to have balanced meals with meats or beans for protein, bread, pasta or rice for carbs, and veggies. Weight Training is awesome. My fitness coach is a quite handsome, helpful, and motivating. By building more muscle in my body, my metabolism is a bit faster and I burn more calories just sleeping while the muscles repair themselves. Strength training three times and week and 20-30 mins of cardio twice a week after are what I've found work the best for me. I've never felt better. I've been thinner in the past, but I've never felt this good. Also, since we've gotten our husky puppy, playing with her and exercising her has helped me be consistent with exercise too. We walk her before and after school and just before bed.

I've been on bouts of weight loss dreams before but often I would justify eating a whole bag of chips with a walk in the park or I would eat carrots one day and decide to skip my exercise. Or I'd skip meals and exercise too much and I lost weight fast but I gained it back and then some almost faster. I should mention too, that I was never really serious about weight loss when it was just about body image. I guess I was content for the most part, just a little depressed. But now I think about it as more of a health benefit. My father has type 2 diabetes and my mom has high blood pressure so I'm likely to get both if I just keep on how I have been. I want to be able to keep up with my dog as she grows and my kids when I someday decide to have them. It's more to me now than just being able to shop in the Junior's section at the mall.

Apologies for the long post. It took me a long time to get to where I'm at now and for people that need to be serious about weight loss, I'm here to help.

Imcoming up with the "Husky weight loss program" It is simple, eat as much as your husky does and exercise with your husky. Guaranteed or your money back.

I am a guy and have a high metabolism so I never have to worry about weight. But if you really wanna lose weight, you can borrow my husky! Today we walked for 4 hours at husky pace, which is about 4mph. We ran for 20 mins. Played tug of wars for 30 mins. tomorrow, we are walking through a park, which will probably take 2 hours, and that is just his morning exercise.

I can't wait for Athena to get older so I can take her for nice long hikes with me. Hiking isn't just great exercise but since we live in the city, it's a great chance to escape and take in fresh air, spring water, and the sights and smells of nature. My Golden loved hiking with me back in the day and I'm sure Athena will too.

Can I join you all, I do slimming world. I weigh a lot, im a size 18-20 and I weigh 16st 3.5lb. ive lost 1st 2lb since the second week in Jan 2011.

of course!!!!

That's a great weight loss hun keep it up!

Defo need to meet up now - you can give me some hints and tips :up:

Can I join you all, I do slimming world. I weigh a lot, im a size 18-20 and I weigh 16st 3.5lb. ive lost 1st 2lb since the second week in Jan 2011.

i'm 202lbs (14st 6lbs) and i'm also a size 18. i was 235lbs (16st 11lbs) in dec. but still a size 18. i'm a little discouraged as i'm losing weight but not dress sizes T_T it's frustrating.

i'm 202lbs (14st 6lbs) and i'm also a size 18. i was 235lbs (16st 11lbs) in dec. but still a size 18. i'm a little discouraged as i'm losing weight but not dress sizes T_T it's frustrating.

Don't give up hun - you're doing fantastic! :up: I bet you can feel the difference though x

Yeah but I bet you feel healthier for it x

Sarah why not join my slimming world FB group. Ive got loads of recipes and ideas

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=58433667149

Anyway tonight I managed to gained 1/2lb. my first gain since I started my diet but im on whats known as star week on SW (time of the mnth)

Oh man.

I need to lose about 20lbs.

Since last June, I have gained

4 pants sizes. I am so disgusted

with myself.

I joined myfitnesspal.com - just

helps you keep track of your food

intake and your exercise.

I am going to restart the P90x workout

next Monday. I will also be going to the

gym with my brother a few days a week.

I also have to start eating more. I know

that might sound weird... but part of my

weight gain has been the lack of meals.

I snack on junk or eat nothing... so my

body has stored everything I have ate

for the last year.

I am 5' tall.

Current weight: 155.0

Goal Weight: 120-25

Yeah but I bet you feel healthier for it x

Sarah why not join my slimming world FB group. Ive got loads of recipes and ideas

http://www.facebook....gid=58433667149

Anyway tonight I managed to gained 1/2lb. my first gain since I started my diet but im on whats known as star week on SW (time of the mnth)

thanks hun - i've joined :D

i havent forgot about doing those dvd's i promised....i cant figure out how to do it thats all and keep meaning to ask ian to help me but i have that much on at the min with shiloh, my own work, buying a new house etc...it keeps slipping my mind :(

really sorry...will try and sort it this weekend :) x x

im doing crap - ive had a week off work this week so ive been pigging out! :blink: if skyla could wear her harness we would be going on bike rides!!!!! she needs to hurry up n heal lol - i have a pair of jeans which i know ill have lost enuf weight when i can wear them without the fly undoing! :rolleyes: lol

I know ur all tryin very hard n me 2.

Im on a diet of Beer n chocolate, i'm not windin u up either. Thats pretty much all i eat but when i do its not much, my stomach has shrunk so much i can hardly eat anythin without feelin full n uncomfortable. Im in the pub as i type this on my 2nd pint n ive had a bag of salt n vinegar crisps n i feel like i have eaten a sunday roast !!!! Thats all ive eaten 2day n i wont b eatin anythin else.

I know u will all tell me its not a good diet n i should do it properly BUT ive finally got 2 my 3stone now although im not stoppin there, my clothes r all 2 big n i even wore a tight low cut white top 2 work today which i havent done 4 over 3yrs !!!!! I know in the comin yrs i will not b off my meds so i know i can keep this up........ except when i visit Diz n eat take away every nite :o

Keep at it every1 ur doin fab xx

Things are calming down here, so have been a bit more dedicated to this. Began with a drastic change in what I eat. Having oatmeal for breakfast and fruits and veggies for lunch. Drinking more water and while I haven't weighed myself, clothes are fitting a bit better already.

I also started doing dvd's

http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/

They are really good and have helped with my energy level as well.

Everyone keep up the great work! We'll get to where we want to be in no time at all!

My husband and I found an app for iPhone called "My fitness Pal". It's free. We've been using it for 3 weeks now. He's lost 4 kg and I've lost 2kg so far.

How it works is, you add in your details, how much you weigh and how much you want to lose and it tells you how many calories you can have per day to reach your goal. They also have a website under the same name. Just thought you might like to give it a try :)

i had a bad week last week...i didnt eat crap but i have drastically reduced my food intake and almost every night last week i had chronic migraines :( and was feeling very wobbly :(

was okay yestd...so must have eaten something that had more energy lol :lol: