Weight Loss Support?

Lil Miss Bump

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Im stuck on 11st 10lbs n just wont go down, but i feel slimer n the pics taken of me recently down the beach i look different so wots goin on ?????!!!!!!!!!

Broken scales? Or maybe your just happy with the bit you've lost so should stick where you are now? Dont waist away too much I still want enough Ems to SMUSH when I see you next! :D

Sometimes it's better not to focus on the numbers that you want to be, you can get disillusioned, sometimes, if you, say, start exercising, you will build up muscle mass (NOT Arnie-style!) and muscle weighs 3 times heavier than fat, so they scales read the same, but you are losing weight while shaping your body

altho i ate a full packet of party rings yesterday i also walked bout 3-4 miles up n down hills, had a much smaller plate of pasta for tea and a bowl of bran flakes when i got hungry later on....was starving all day yesterday so did have some chocolate snowballs .....think it must be hormones-anyway today is another day,another 3m walk with dogs :-)

i honestly dont think major dieting works......coz as soon as you reach your goal you end up putting it all back on again as you slip back into old eating habits :(

i think the trick is to jst change the way you think about and eat food all together.......cut portions sizes down...i believe the ideal plate size is the same as a plastic toddler plate??

dont deprive yourself of anything...if you wanna eat pizza then eat it- jst not a whole one to yourself lol...i am so guilty of that one!!!

eat what you want but the right portion........when having a jacket spud...have a smaller one and fill with healthier fillings e.g homemade tomato salsa etc

i bet your wondering where im getting all this from??? dont worry i havent turned into a geek lol :lol: :lol:

got myself an amazing book :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfect-Portion-Linda-Gassenheimer/dp/1405317396/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1294573126&sr=1-1

i think most library's will have it aswell ;)

its one of the best books i have ever bought!! seriously....my jeans are already starting to feel looser :D

i havent yet weighed myself as my next weigh in on the wii fit plus is this thurs- fingers crossed :)

so with the help of this book and an increase in my exercise i WILL get back to my ideal weight!!!!!!! you watch this space lmao :lol:

i honestly dont think major dieting works......coz as soon as you reach your goal you end up putting it all back on again as you slip back into old eating habits :(

i think the trick is to jst change the way you think about and eat food all together.......cut portions sizes down...i believe the ideal plate size is the same as a plastic toddler plate??

dont deprive yourself of anything...if you wanna eat pizza then eat it- jst not a whole one to yourself lol...i am so guilty of that one!!!

eat what you want but the right portion........when having a jacket spud...have a smaller one and fill with healthier fillings e.g homemade tomato salsa etc

i bet your wondering where im getting all this from??? dont worry i havent turned into a geek lol :lol: :lol:

got myself an amazing book :-

http://www.amazon.co...94573126&sr=1-1

i think most library's will have it aswell ;)

its one of the best books i have ever bought!! seriously....my jeans are already starting to feel looser :D

i havent yet weighed myself as my next weigh in on the wii fit plus is this thurs- fingers crossed :)

so with the help of this book and an increase in my exercise i WILL get back to my ideal weight!!!!!!! you watch this space lmao :lol:

thanks fir the link tamz the book looks good....will have to get one

the only problem with me is im a fussy git - and all the stuff i do like is obviously really bad for me

pasta with cheese on (tho i didnt put as much cheese on it yesterday)

pizza

cheesey chips n beans

jacket potato cheese n beans

cheese sandwhiches

its all cheese which i need to cut out but i cant!!!!! :(

Good thread Diz and eveyone involved in it.

For me you have to change your lifestlye which is easier said than done. I once did Weight Watchers and just by lisening to one of the meets I cur back on my portion sizes.

My usual method is just ot eat everything in front of me, even takeaways like the other night when I had a portion of lamb fried rice and a large portion of chips, Now a quarter of that would have suffieced but instead I polished the whole lot off.

Now I need to shed a stone minimum as I am getting back to full medical fitness and will go back into mainatream PT lessons at work with a possible deployment I need to lose weight and get fit.

When I did Weight Watchers I lost about 21 pounds in 9 weeks before work made it impossible to attend and I slipped back into old habits. Hopefully this time I can get around 2 stone off and keep it off. :D

And Nix, I know what you mean with cheese, an awesome food which goes with almost anything.

Good luck girls

i agree tamz and lee.

portion size is everything...........we have these massive plates so i've put them in the bottom cupboard!

also now if we have a takeaway will only put half of it on my plate (unless it's a chicken kebab as they're actually really good as it's grilled chicken, lettuce and pitta bread) amd ;leave the other half in the kitchen and usually that is enough for me-if not i'll eat it........a little bit of what u fancy does you good....

as my brother said to me on facebook earlier............

nigella lawson and gillian mckeith are the same age-look at the difference..............lots of chocolate and inuendo vs dieting and looking at poop...........i know which one i'd rather be!!! :lol:

nigella lawson and gillian mckeith are the same age-look at the difference..............lots of chocolate and inuendo vs dieting and looking at poop...........i know which one i'd rather be!!! :lol:

I didn't know that!! Gillian looks 20 years older!! I'd deffinately be on team Nigella :)

And I also agree with the portion size thing. I've got a thing for cereal and I have bowls the size of my head that I used to eat it out of. I had to buy smaller ones so I'd eat less :rolleyes: