where does your husky sleep?

Sqwidge

Husband and i are talking about when we get the puppy...and as it grows up. We are going to crate train her, and the days when we're at work she will be in the crate, hubby will come back at lunch to take her out then we will both be back about 5.00ish...he is thinking we should let her roam the house when we're sleeping, but i think she should be in her crate to keep her and our house safe.

What do you guys do?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We keep all our boys in crates as they can damage/destroy the house. They all sleep in our back room which is kind of part of the kitchen as it is slightly cooler there for them. If Im at home and need to pop out for 10 mins then I just leave to roam the kitchen and they are usually fine for a very short periods but I wouldn't leave them out for long times.

As to keeping your husky with your cats, if she is in her crate (in your bedroom with your boy) then she shouldn't be able to cause any damage to your cats. Keeping them together at night may even help her sleep, if they get along. If you are luck your cat may even take the mum/litter mate role and cuddle up next to the cage and comfort her. It is defiantely worth a try to see what they are like in your bedroom. The thing with dogs and cats is some will get along great and others won't if they are not introduced properly.

in the cage i'm sure she will not harm the cats, is if we left her out like my hubby wants to do! We're going to do the introductions on the cats terms, nice a slowly! I'm sure we'll find somewhere to put the crate, i think we have too many options which is the problem!

You could ask your breeder where they keep the puppies at night and put the crate somewhere of similar temperature for her, which may even add as a comfort to her when you bring her home. Your doing the right thing as introducing your puppy nice and slowly with the cats and fingers crosses they will get along fine.

i will ask her that, i think she keeps them in the 'back room' she has, which would be a second living room/dining room if it wasn't the dogs room! All her dogs crates are in there, so i think they're kept there...so its pretty normal house temperature i would imagine...so may have to be one of the bedrooms or living room!

.its also the cats i'm thinking of too...if we're not awake i would dread to think what would happen if they pissed each other off!

We got a cat when Bo was eight. They are good friends and sometimes even nap together. I trust them together.

We did lose one parakeet when Bo was three. It had free-fly of our home and Bo had it as a snack on afternoon while I was at work.

Bo used to sleep at the end of our bed. Now his arthritis prevents him from going upstairs at night, so he has the couch or his bed in the kitchen.

Blaze sleeps in kitchen or living room which ever takes his fancy really bings sleeps in my room and half way thru the night he will cum upstairs and sleep in my room aswell he has free roam ov the house except my parents room we did have a crate but he used 2 pee in it and we had him in there when we had a little accident with his leg nuffin major but he had 2 rest and he got himself so worked up he threw up in it and we never really used after that so its gone away sumwhere hes never really done any damage 2 the house except break the xmas tree chew on my phone charger and he was bored 1 night so tried 2 eat the wall but thats all hes done (was excepting worse so what he did if nuffin rly tho he did get disaplined)

Our husky was crated for three years until she had a little accident one day while in the crate and then decided she was done with the crate. Her "decision" included breaking out the front of the crate. And by breaking out I mean she somehow managed to bend the metal bars out to free herself. When we came home that day, we found her kennel was a disaster and she was sitting on a chair looking out the window. We felt so bad for her, cleaned up the kennel and tried to get her back in it. She refused. So we left her out and have done so ever since.

She does sleep with us at the foot of the bed. This move happened the night after her accident in the crate. She was sleeping in what is now her chair and then walked into our bedroom. She sat next to the edge of the bed and stared first at me and then walked around to the other side of the bed and stared at my wife. Feeling guilty, we let her on the bed (SUCKERS!!!) and she's been there ever since. It's actually nice during the winter as she keeps our feet warm.

I suppose we're the lucky ones as Ripley has the run of the house while we're out. Not once has she ever gone after the furniture, nor has she ever gone after food in the kitchen. She has gone after ipods, wallets, and credit cards and I swear those were retaliatory attacks against us for making "her majesty" mad.

• 2 weeks later...

my girls both sleep in the conservatory with child stair gate accross.. unless ive been out on the sherberts and decide i want my babes with me lol

update on above.... both girls now sleep in bedroom with me... they will lay by my side of bed all night and dont move.. until betewwn 0530 and 0630 then i get aface full of Husky... so much nicer than an alarm clock