Where Have I Been?

mydiamond

Yikes I can't believe I've been gone this long! The puppies I remember are now all fully grown, and the forum has a different look! :o time flies indeed. So what have I been up to? 

1) I've been working :D this semester my work schedule got busy for the first time (last semester I only get on-call shifts), which means sometimes I would come home at 1 AM and then back to work at 10 the next morning. And then of course there's an 8 AM class the day after. Technically I could find someone to cover undesirable work hours like that, but I am saving my paychecks to fly a very special dog over. So I worked all of them. On top of all the ones I picked up. I know it sounds terrible, but what do you know? My savings account now says I have sufficient funds to pay the excess baggage fee needed to transport a Siberian Husky internationally. I still need to pay for the airline-approved kennel and all the papers and whatnot, but EEEK!! I can't believe I achieved my goal so early! With one more semester left in my sophomore year, I may as well be able to fly Diamond over ***this summer***!! Eeek!! I don't know if I should though. Next year I'm moving apartments again. And there's a chance that I will have to move again if Diamond doesn't fall within their pet policy range :( The absolute last thing I want is for Diamond to arrive on an unprepared home when he just survived a halfday-long plane trip. So yeah. I'm still losing sleep about this decision.

2) I have been studying fish! some of you may remember me setting up a small 1.5 gallon aquarium in my college dorm room. Well today that tiny cube has turned into two planted tanks (5.5 and 2.5 gallons) and an entire shelf of fish supplies. Initially it was just about keeping the pets alive, but now I know a little more about water chemistry than most people do. As a result I've been hanging around a Betta fish forum to learn more, and so it detracts from my time on here. Some of you might also remember how I lost my first Betta, Blue, and then got a red female to replace him. Well unfortunately 2 months ago, Memory the red girl passed on as well :(  And so I decided that I should steer clear of Petco/Petsmart fishes, and find one from a breeder. Currently I have a metallic girl called Seren - bred and raised here in Lansing, Michigan - and another multicolor boy named Volga on his way home (currently he's in Florida!). No guarantee the gang won't grow in quantity next year :P 

so yeah. That's how I've been doing. Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year! xx

Edited by mydiamond

Good to hear from you 'Liv.

Will be so great for you to have Dime back in your life 24 / 7

keep us up to date. . . a little more often. . . ok

9 minutes ago, BlueWolf said:

Hello again stranger. Good to hear something from you again :) 

Jooooos!! How's Norway going for you? Are you still there? Is it cold? Do you have snow right now? Do you cuddle the dogs to stay warm or do you still need a coat?? Eeek! How come you not have a Facebook? I mostly keep in touch with most people here through FB so... Yeah!

Wait, wait. How do I multiquote from my phone? D: 

thank you people x I'll try to stick around :D 

5 minutes ago, mydiamond said:

Jooooos!! How's Norway going for you? Are you still there? Is it cold? Do you have snow right now? Do you cuddle the dogs to stay warm or do you still need a coat?? Eeek! How come you not have a Facebook? I mostly keep in touch with most people here through FB so... Yeah!

Wait, wait. How do I multiquote from my phone? D: 

thank you people x I'll try to stick around :D 

In the summer I've been to Sweden and have worked for two months at a huskyfarm. Then I went briefly home and back to northern Sweden to work some more but actually ended up working in Finland most of the time during training season. We had snow about *three* months ago, temperatures down to -15°C and lots of northern light viewings. There have been loads of things that have happened. Too much to tell really. I do have a public Facebook page but that's in Dutch. I'm currently in the Netherlands. Got a bit left without work all of the sudden, but I'm going back probably in June with the possibility of staying for an entire year. I have my own dog now and I'll be bringing him with me.

21 minutes ago, mydiamond said:

Oh that's really cool! Would so love to see your dog :D

I was just in the process of uploading some photos here.

Glala and Dana have both passed away (fairly quickly after each other). Ruth wanted another dog, found Dex as a rehome but realised that since he's two years old he'd be too young for her. When I came back to the Netherlands unexpectedly I realised I was just in the perfect situation to be able to take him. He's an absolutely perfect match for me. Lots and lots of endless energy, just like myself.

Eeek!! The gang is still around!! 

And yeah looks like an era has passed in this forum indeed :( so many that passed in the last year. But then again this place has been around a while if you think about it. I was 14 when I joined, folks, and now I'm turning 20. How crazy is that?

edit: Diamond's scaly siblings include

1) Serendipity (Seren). Like I said she's from a local breeder and thus a hundred times healthier than any pet store fish. Moral of the story: don't buy live pets from pet stores :( any kind.

image.thumb.jpeg.3180d7be6f09216e065dcb0

image.thumb.jpeg.95fc6b073b3be1616fa3a36

2) River Volga (Volga). He's my first ever show-quality anything. I got him from a well-known breeder via... Wait for it... eBay. Yup. I know how it sounds but apparently that's very normal in the Betta world O_O top breeders often live in southern US where it's warm, so they ship their fish out on priority mail for everyone living in other parts of the country. Either ways, Volga will not be here until January 3rd or so (no shipping on Christmas, everything arrives late!). So this is his auction pic on eBay.

image.thumb.png.35919cd8f44461cc20d80e20

Edited by mydiamond