Huskies And Raw Eggs

Don't know if it's about weight.

Just give him one per week.

Seeing if he can figure out what to do with it is great fun.

I really don't think it does anything for their coat but its a good source of protein and mine love them :)

Mine too :D

are they only supposed to be having one a week? kaiser hasnt been touching his food so i having been mixing a raw egg with it twice a day! :o

Now he hasnt been getting that all the time coz ive been running out of eggs so ive used boiling water instead we thought it was to dry for him but maybe his just being fusy seeing what better food he can get coz he was eating it fine all along

Raw eggs are an excellent source of protein and the shell is added calcium.  Egg shells put into the oven when cooling down and then crushed can be added to dog food at any time to get the benefits of the additional calcium.  Mine have eggs at least once a week, but are now fussy blighters and won't eat the egg shell.  They have a habit of licking the shell out and then crushing it before walking it all over the kitchen floor instead. :angry:

Edited by Biggles

It is my understanding that they should be given whole, or cracked but the shell is important for the food balance. There is no reason you can't give them once a day unless weight gain becomes an issue. I feed them only on some occasions as he gets plenty of quality raw food.

I used to do as Gill suggests with baking and crushing the shells for Ronin when he was a wee pup. I liked to add some shells to the raw beef mince component of his kibble/raw diet as raw beef mince is high in phosphorus and can act as a calcium inhibitor. 

Try quail eggs for a special treat, they are even more packed with nutrition. They are fun to feed  :D

well thank you all, i have learnt something i didn't know.....egg shells huh, who'd a thunk it????

my girls are definitely getting a egg each, they could do with putting on some weight so if that's a result then that's a good thing as far as i'm concerned  :up:

MY boy loves eggs, i give one to him once a week with the shell. He somehow knows its an egg and slightly puntures a hole or drops it enough so that it has a crack and licks up all the contents inside, once thats done he eats the shell.

Gave the girls an egg each for the first time yesterday....Mitch was supposed to film the event but forgot to press the button!!?

Anyhoo....Skye took it, smash it and eat it in seconds....Holly took it very gently, didn't know what to do with, rolled it around a bit and then just looked at me...I cracked it on the patio and eventually she did the rest

I'll be buying them their own box of eggs next month :0)

I have never given mine eggs, he steals them!!! He can take a box off the side and demolish it without us hearing him. The best one was a dozen hard boiled eggs he demolished whilst they were cooling at 10.30 at night for an RE lesson next day, kids weren't too impressed with my rubber egg substitute lol.