So what you think so far?

Marc

So then peeps. What you think so far?

This time last week I was in the process of backing up the forum from the old software, for what turned out to be an absolute disaster of a time converting over to vbulletin (the software we are using now).

On the first day of converting we had a hell of a lot missing, however we are now getting back to somewhere around normal. Since we reopened on the Saturday we have had numerous bug fixes, the system has been optimised for speed and is now working as it should be, and many items have now returned to the forum. The one major one we are missing at the moment being the member map, which I am in the process of getting back up and running (however its in german LOL, thankyou to @robke for a hell of a lot of help with translations).

We now have since last week:

• User colours readded
  • Sections set back up with permissions they should have had
  • Live feed
  • Stats at top of forum
  • Statuses
  • Moods
  • Arcade
  • Shoutbox
  • Forumrunner
  • Tapatalk
  • Instant thread notification (because Jos misses the world otherwise lol)
  • Who has read topic
  • Who has been on the forum today
  • Calender
  • New logo (Cheers Dave. Excellent work m8)
  • Status sidebar
  • Arcade sidebar
  • chat bar and chatroom
  • Quote notifications
  • Site sponsor upgrade ability re-added
  • Delay on top stats even after refreshing problem now fixed

What I know about:

• Membermap
  • A few bugs with chatbar
  • Sidebar donation section

Thankyou to everyone for your patience whilst this has been going on and I hope you are beginning to enjoy the forum again. You havent see much that is new at the moment, however rest assured you will do. I want to ensure everything is spot on perfect before starting to move us forward again.

So now we are getting closer and my list is getting shorter, please let me know if there is anything that is doing your heads in. :)

Edited by Marc

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be great and has been improving through the week.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

loving it marc :)

Will we have the upload pics bit again? or does attachments work the same (as in they will be full size, not tiny), i liked the ease of that on the old forum

and can we see who's currently viewing a thread?

from a member's point of view (not staff or speaking with you personally) I am really very impressed with how quickly & relatively smoothly this transition has appeared to have gone. How you have kept people updated & answered queries quickly has been a real bonus, when I know you have had so much to do & work on behind the scenes.

I can only applaud you, [MENTION=1]Marc[/MENTION] for the work you have put in and also [MENTION=2355]BlueWolf[/MENTION] [MENTION=7]Dunc[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2303]Dave[/MENTION] for lending a hand where & when you can :clap::clap::clap::clap:

is there room for the 'daily posting stats' or have i missed it?

This will be the first modification for vbulletin I will personally be writing from scratch. Bare with me, it will return

Couldn't be happier with the new forum. :D I love how you've kept us all current on everything going on. Most forums say "We'll be down for a while." and never tell you what's going on except for what you "need to know." ><

I love it :D

and you know whats even better?

If I have it on my phone on the full version and not the mobile version, it works awesomely and I can even reply to threads now and see pics which I couldnt do before!!! :D

so yes me very happy now :D:yahoo:

thankyou to all who have worked so hard on this. xx

Marc, I really like the 'Post Likes' dropdown feature on the left of our posts - has it been like that since we changed over ?

Yeah, unfortunatly though with some I cant win. The like count has gone from previously so when we dont have a count on the side people moan, when we do have a count and see they no longer have the ones from before people moan. All likes were originally transferred into rep, but people moaned about the rep... I cant win with the likes.

so the rep can't be transferred back into likes?

No, because when it is recalculated (which it needs to be at times) it has to count from the topics which have been liked. Therefore would count only the ones on the current like system.

Dont get me wrong, its something that I am looking at getting over here. Just annoyed me that people moaned about it rather than asked if they were going to be transferred.