So what you think so far?

Marc

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The elusive smiley lol , had it on my laptop from a saved conversation:D, but in all seriousness, it all looks great.

The forum feels much faster and fluid now and I love all the extra little tweaks we can do ourselves, the fact that you've had so much to do and still kept us in the loop [MENTION=1]Marc[/MENTION] is a credit to you:up:

Thanks to all the staff as well, always keeping the forum up to date with the newest and best technology:thankyou::clap:

small question.. there's this generic smiley that no longer exist. I think it's a :S smiley which has the same color as this one---> :eek: I love that smiley and I use it a lot, kinda miss it LOL

:S <-- This one? :P

Appears I got as bit confused (oh the irony) with the [noparse]:S[/noparse] and [noparse]:confused:[/noparse] (:confused:) one. Added it back, but the text to replace has been swapped though. So it's now [noparse]:S[/noparse] (mind the capital S)

:S <-- This one? :P

Appears I got as bit confused (oh the irony) with the [noparse]:S[/noparse] and [noparse]:confused:[/noparse] (:confused:) one. Added it back, but the text to replace has been swapped though. So it's now [noparse]:S[/noparse] (mind the capital S)

Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!! Yaaayyy :D

First off, [MENTION=1]Marc[/MENTION] I do want to say that you've done an incredible job getting the forum changed over, up and running, tested, corrected, tweaked and perfected in an impressively short period of time.

You, sir, are a champ. :cup:

One thing that I've noticed that I'm a little antsy about though, is what happened to post-following notifications? The little globey thing was there but now it's gone, and I'm having a hard time finding/keeping track of threads I'm following, unless someone happens to like or quote a post. There's more than a few I've gone to, only to find multiple posts that I got no notification on. The "followed threads" was probably the on one I used the most!

Also, the cursor teleporting when you use bold/italics/underline is really driving me bonkers!

But other than that, I'm overall enjoying the new format immensely, so it's not all wanking!

First off, @Marc I do want to say that you've done an incredible job getting the forum changed over, up and running, tested, corrected, tweaked and perfected in an impressively short period of time.

You, sir, are a champ. :cup:

One thing that I've noticed that I'm a little antsy about though, is what happened to post-following notifications? The little globey thing was there but now it's gone, and I'm having a hard time finding/keeping track of threads I'm following, unless someone happens to like or quote a post. There's more than a few I've gone to, only to find multiple posts that I got no notification on. The "followed threads" was probably the on one I used the most!

Also, the cursor teleporting when you use bold/italics/underline is really driving me bonkers!

But other than that, I'm overall enjoying the new format immensely, so it's not all wanking!

I am not sure, but I think you have to subscribe to a thread? On the top of the page just above the first post you must click 'Thread Tools' and then 'subscribe to this thread' - I think ........... I haven't actually used it :rolleyes: but if you reply to this I can see if it works :)

I am not sure, but I think you have to subscribe to a thread? On the top of the page just above the first post you must click 'Thread Tools' and then 'subscribe to this thread' - I think ........... I haven't actually used it :rolleyes: but if you reply to this I can see if it works :)

Okay, I see it. So you manually have to subscribe to each thread, even if you've posted to it?

reply for Rosemary

Thanks Rob :)

Okay, I see it. So you manually have to subscribe to each thread, even if you've posted to it?

It doesn't seem to be working for me, unless there is something else I must set up first ?

I don't think you are subscribed to a thread you post in automatically. But like so many things on the forum, there's a setting for that ;)

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions, next to the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" :)

I'm not sure about the subscribed thread notifications, I always have them turned off as I only want to receive it trough email. I'll turn them on for a bit to see if you're right.

You dont get a notification from a thread you are subscribed to other than if you are quoted or someone tags you. We didnt have this on the old forum either. The globe was only put there because of the lack of quote notifications which I have since fixed and the globe was then removed.

The main reason I didnt stick with the globe version however is because it was breaking every 2 seconds and one of the big areas that was slowing down the forum.

When you are subscribed to a thread you get notification by email if you chose to set it that way within your settings. When you log into the forum however if you do want to see which of your subscribed threads have had replies, just click on your settings page and there is a list of the ones which have been replied to in front of you :)

We would like to thank you Marc, for all the time and hard work you have put into the new Forum though we do see you are still working on pulling out "bugs" in different areas and you certainly are trying to give everybody what they want.

People we do chat with quite often remark on difficulties on logging back into the forum from the old one. We have discussed this on Face book with them trying to help them, but are only able to sign in as Guests. Another member last night informed us they were trying to log on their OH and it took over an hour to get them on.

One of ours and others have mentioned when will be able to download pictures while private messaging without having to transfer pictures to photobucket then onto HO. It would make it easier if they could be loaded up like on the forum. We have one HO friend who doesn't even know if we are getting private pic's and messages. The word " non user friendly" comes up quiet often.

This information we thought needed to be shared with you, but for the most part it seems like everyone is getting a grasp of the new Forum.

Looking forward to completion of your great vision,

We would like to thank you Marc, for all the time and hard work you have put into the new Forum though we do see you are still working on pulling out "bugs" in different areas and you certainly are trying to give everybody what they want.

People we do chat with quite often remark on difficulties on logging back into the forum from the old one. We have discussed this on Face book with them trying to help them, but are only able to sign in as Guests. Another member last night informed us they were trying to log on their OH and it took over an hour to get them on.

One of ours and others have mentioned when will be able to download pictures while private messaging without having to transfer pictures to photobucket then onto HO. It would make it easier if they could be loaded up like on the forum. We have one HO friend who doesn't even know if we are getting private pic's and messages. The word " non user friendly" comes up quiet often.

This information we thought needed to be shared with you, but for the most part it seems like everyone is getting a grasp of the new Forum.

Looking forward to completion of your great vision,

The uploading to messages will be sorted at some point, however in comparison to other items its largely unimportant to be honest. The ability had only just been implemented on the old forum and before that it was exactly the same as it is currently. This is something which has been stated to be in the next release of the vbulletin software and so it would be foolish of me to start writing software to add it onto here.

If people are strugling to log into the forum there is a contact us link at the bottom of the forum, and also every single person has had an email from myself that they could very easily reply to and tell me they are having problems. At the end of the day I cant do anything about things Im not told about. I can send out a password reset to a user within seconds if I'm informed.

The uploading to messages will be sorted at some point, however in comparison to other items its largely unimportant to be honest. The ability had only just been implemented on the old forum and before that it was exactly the same as it is currently. This is something which has been stated to be in the next release of the vbulletin software and so it would be foolish of me to start writing software to add it onto here.

If people are strugling to log into the forum there is a contact us link at the bottom of the forum, and also every single person has had an email from myself that they could very easily reply to and tell me they are having problems. At the end of the day I cant do anything about things Im not told about. I can send out a password reset to a user within seconds if I'm informed.

Thank you Marc, for your quick reply. We will just sit back and wait and for those that we know who are having difficulty logging in will pass your information on to them. Guess we will stay away from FB and our Email :rofl: