Server optimisation

Marc

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I am doing a lot of server optimisation lately as there have been a few lockups here and there usually leading to double posts and the likes.

I have applied a lot of them in the past few hours so hopefully you should see a difference. However will let you know that if you see a white screen when you refresh, or get a server timeout, a 500 server error etc etc etc and you know that I am online, it if likely that it is me whilst I am optimising tables. Reality is I either do it that way or I take the server offline whilst I do it.

This said however the server will be offline for about an hour tomorrow. This is whilst I apply the latest service releases to the main software and also defragment some of the database tables (something I cannot do whilst we are online).

Thanks for the heads-up

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

Marc, do you know roughly what time your going to be doing this?

Would say about 7pm tomorrow ... however bare in mind whenever I say a time Im doing something I never stick to it LOL

It is very likley to be around that time however because there is a 2 hour formula 1 preseason program on later in the night that Im not missing :P

Would say about 7pm tomorrow ... however bare in mind whenever I say a time Im doing something I never stick to it LOL

It is very likley to be around that time however because there is a 2 hour formula 1 preseason program on later in the night that Im not missing :P

Hahaha okay then, dont worry im not gonna make you miss it. you should however get up super early so its done for everyone in the evening else,what else are we all meant to do while the servers down for an hour? :P

Hahaha okay then, dont worry im not gonna make you miss it. you should however get up super early so its done for everyone in the evening else,what else are we all meant to do while the servers down for an hour? :P

There's a new thing ya could try actually ... Its a new thing they are calling "The real world"... Honestly cant say Ive tried it myself. Im betting its way way overrated :P

There's a new thing ya could try actually ... Its a new thing they are calling "The real world"... Honestly cant say Ive tried it myself. Im betting its way way overrated :P

Yeahhh says you who is running this site :P so hush. i have been out in the real world,,,i err prefere this world better :D

My eyes were playing tricks (it is an age thing) and as I was skimming through the thread titles I read this one's title as Severe Optimism and thought I have trouble just trying to be optimistic at times, but 'severe optimism' - never in my lifetime :rolleyes:

oh no :( what am i gonna do. good job running this forum and good luck tomorrow. hopefully there won't be any glitches and things will be back and running within an hour! otherwise::::cries::::

:)

This is something I've done a few thousand times now so wouldnt expect any issues.

Will be going offline earlier now anyways... Gonna start at 5pm