Usergroup permission for rehome section

Marc

you know peoples

there is a new rule......end of

no matter what new rule was set in place for whatever reason its going to be deemed unfair to somebody/ies

rules cant suit absolutely everyone,but they are here!:)

The Admin have a new rule so lets not nit-pic at it,they have their reasons (which are totally agreeable) so its not our place to argue the toss.:D

:grouphug:lets just embrace it!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Marc

The downside to this from the people attempting to re-home is that they can't view the thread once their request has been added unless they already have permission to view the forum group...I don't know if it's possible to fix this or not, but people can't exactly answer questions about the pups they're trying to find new homes for if they can't see the thread with the question in it...

Just a heads up brought to my attention by Trey

@Marc

The downside to this from the people attempting to re-home is that they can't view the thread once their request has been added unless they already have permission to view the forum group...I don't know if it's possible to fix this or not, but people can't exactly answer questions about the pups they're trying to find new homes for if they can't see the thread with the question in it...

I was just logging in here to ask the same thing. It seems that the original poster would need permission to see their own thread.

Feeling left out. Been on here since May 2010 and can't - just can't post that often. Know I am a rubbish forum person but each to their own, I read sections and put my bit if I feel I have something to say. If I don't, I don't. Been on a few meet ups. Told every husky person I know about the forum and got at least one to sign up.

Please make it time on here and not posts. Agree - not a re-homing site. BUT do like to have a look at re homing section.

Am thinking Grey is happy with his home through here. Am sure he isn't the only one. @Sarah and @Marc - please reconsider.

Lol steve I understand wat you are saying most of us who have posted over 500 posts have. Are huskies. But I agree with marc and sarah its there forum we just have to listen to it xxx

Agreed it is the decision of owners but doesn't stop me moaning!!! I guess I will live, but when I decide to get a third I will be forced to go through the freeads, which is the very thing you guys hate, would much rather rehome one from here, obviously posting tat will make me a better husky owner!!

Agreed it is the decision of owners but doesn't stop me moaning!!! I guess I will live, but when I decide to get a third I will be forced to go through the freeads, which is the very thing you guys hate, would much rather rehome one from here, obviously posting tat will make me a better husky owner!!

Huskies In Need? Siberian Husky Welfare Association? Siberian Husky Club of Great Britain? Your local shelter? Shelters further away?

OK, so say we change it to be time based and we do it on say 6 months .... If that person has not been on the forum hardly for that 6 month and just happened to have signed up ages ago (which happens a lot) then why would we want them to have access? I understand some of your concerns, however this is the direction we have chosen to take with that area of the forum. Its for the protection of huskies at the end of the day and nothing more.

BTW, why would it be wrong for someone to flick through freeads to look for a husky? If there is a husky there, doesn't it also deserve a good home?

Hi Marc, no of cause it is not wrong to rehome a private freeads husky as I now have two of them!! but you do get a lot of messers on there( ask sonia). I think the idea of basing it on time is fairer as someone wanting a free husky for selling on or breeding is not gonna join up and take part in the forum for 6 months or a year to get there hands on one for free.

As been pointed out you guys own this place and you make the decisions, I have been moaning but mostly tongue in cheek.

I personally have no plans for a further husky but did enjoy reading the rehome section and if I saw one needing a home in my area on a temp basis I would have helped out, but now I can't even read it!!

regards

steve

Steve I didn't say u can't moan hun I was just sayin its up to marc and sarah. I don't have a problem with gettin a dog from freedads I rehomed gus from preloved and saw hollie and ice on there so I will not judge anyone who gets there dogs from there

I think the idea of basing it on time is fairer as someone wanting a free husky for selling on or breeding is not gonna join up and take part in the forum for 6 months or a year to get there hands on one for free.

The loophole with the time spent as a member is.

Join Jan 2011 make one post in introductions.

set your alarm.

Come back July 2011.

Wheeeee. . . access to free Huskies.

Maybe a mix of both.

6 Months and "X" number of posts. ???

could it not just be a mod approved posting system, so everyone can read them but you can only post if the mod online who approves your post recognises you as a regular member, not just somebody trying to get a husky the easy way.

It doesnt stop people messaging the poster of the rehome though, this way it lets people be known via their posts before they can view the threads, and stop people joining just to try and get a free husky for what ever reason.:clap:

i cant believe there are still 'if's and but's going on with this thread.

cant we just leave it now?

i'm sure Marc and Sarah have read all the responses,and the rule is still in place and its there for a reason as explained clearly.

Note the people who are happy with the new rule is the people with 1000's of posts and does not effect!!! nothing more patronising than someone with shit loads of posts moaning cause people it does effect are having an opinion.

Always thought a discussion was to discuss things!!!!

Personally I have posted 100 odd posts and been here a year which I would think is enough to prove I am not here for a free dog.

And is it not the responsibility to the person rehoming the husky to do a home check and vet the person wanting the dog???

If Sarah and Marc have made a concrete decision on this and end of story, lock the thread.

Both of you quit it ..... This is an announcement not somewhere you can openly get at each others opinions.

Note the people who are happy with the new rule is the people with 1000's of posts and does not effect!!! nothing more patronising than someone with shit loads of posts moaning cause people it does effect are having an opinion.

Always thought a discussion was to discuss things!!!!

Personally I have posted 100 odd posts and been here a year which I would think is enough to prove I am not here for a free dog.

And is it not the responsibility to the person rehoming the husky to do a home check and vet the person wanting the dog???

If Sarah and Marc have made a concrete decision on this and end of story, lock the thread.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion and I would encourage as much, which is why I dont lock these topics. You are correct in saying that a discussion is to discuss things, however since this in an announcement, and in the announcement area I would say it was to announce things and leave open for people to feed back.

There are very few concrete decisions on husky owners, we are always open to opinion and we are also willing to change things when we are wrong. However the fact of the matter is, that yes some people will post very occasionally and still be known on the forum, yet others can quite easily post 100 posts in a day. This is the reason that the bar has been set so high in the first place. And I state again this is for protection of the huskies, nothing more.

@Marc

In the event that someone has been a member for over a year...contributes occasionally in relevant ways to discussions, doesn't have the post count to get this particular usergroup and is looking to add a Husky to their family, is possibly vouched for by another member....would it be possible for them to contact yourself privately in regards to gaining access to the area to have a private petition for an exception (that still may be denied, but it does give a venue for seeking a resolution for those who may not be so active on the post count side of things, but that do share the same love and concern for the breeds well being)?

Both of you quit it ..... This is an announcement not somewhere you can openly get at each others opinions.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion and I would encourage as much, which is why I dont lock these topics. You are correct in saying that a discussion is to discuss things, however since this in an announcement, and in the announcement area I would say it was to announce things and leave open for people to feed back.

There are very few concrete decisions on husky owners, we are always open to opinion and we are also willing to change things when we are wrong. However the fact of the matter is, that yes some people will post very occasionally and still be known on the forum, yet others can quite easily post 100 posts in a day. This is the reason that the bar has been set so high in the first place. And I state again this is for protection of the huskies, nothing more.

I actually agree with the 500 ruling, I now can't see the threads, yes I'm pissed off about it, but at least it stops fly by's hearing about the site and trying to get a free husky as a trophy. Not that all are going to be like that, and all the home checks in the world won't guarantee anything.

Only 45 post's to go, hang on 44 once I post this,

Andy & Boone

@Marc

In the event that someone has been a member for over a year...contributes occasionally in relevant ways to discussions, doesn't have the post count to get this particular usergroup and is looking to add a Husky to their family, is possibly vouched for by another member....would it be possible for them to contact yourself privately in regards to gaining access to the area to have a private petition for an exception (that still may be denied, but it does give a venue for seeking a resolution for those who may not be so active on the post count side of things, but that do share the same love and concern for the breeds well being)?

This will not be happening as the onus will not be on any member of staff to decide who can and who can not have access to the section. Rules of our forum always have been and always will be equal for all members, regardless of who they are.