Sign in to follow this  
Marc

Usergroup permission for rehome section

Shcgb welfare only take reg'd but Shwa will take unreg'd sines & hin will take crosses

I thought i had it right. its a shame all rescues cant take all types then more would be helped.

"A fun, friendly and informative forum, built by siberian husky owners, for siberian husky owners. Not a company, not a breeding site - purely out there for you to enjoy and meet new husky lovers. Meet ups arranged, holidays taken together, fun free and addictive"

The whole section just removed everything we are about ... We're about enjoying each others love for huskies, and offering advice not for helping people get hold of them, nor for helping people get rid of them. There are more than enough places for that, and we have succeeded on being the place that is different.

Not very often I agree with Louise, however she is absolutly correct in her first comment. We are not a rehoming site, its as simple as that. The section was set up originally so that if any of our members are having difficulty and need to rehome for some reason then there is an area for doing so. People coming in off the wider net and posting once just to rehome their husky simply isnt what the site is designed for.

Dont get me wrong I appreciate that people want to ensure that every husky in the world is looked after well, rehomed perfectly, and never mass bred from. However SHWA have the infrastruture for this, as to HIN. However we do not. We're not an organisation that deals with the rehoming of animals, we are simply a site were likeminded people can enjoy eachothers company.

And this is why this is such a great site, people are prepared to have this type of discussion all because they love not only thiers but everybodies Huskies,

Wicked,

Andy & (the panting) Boone

Not very often I agree with Louise, however she is absolutly correct in her first comment. We are not a rehoming site, its as simple as that. The section was set up originally so that if any of our members are having difficulty and need to rehome for some reason then there is an area for doing so. People coming in off the wider net and posting once just to rehome their husky simply isnt what the site is designed for.

Dont get me wrong I appreciate that people want to ensure that every husky in the world is looked after well, rehomed perfectly, and never mass bred from. However SHWA have the infrastruture for this, as to HIN. However we do not. We're not an organisation that deals with the rehoming of animals, we are simply a site were likeminded people can enjoy eachothers company.

wahey :wave1:sometimes (not very often) I can prove I have a good head on my shoulders. It is only occasionally my mouth gets in the way! :lolman:

Good idea making it limited. The only bad thing as others have said that 500 posts for some could take forever. If it had of already been to applied to me I would of never got to rehome Bayan this week :(

Good idea making it limited. The only bad thing as others have said that 500 posts for some could take forever. If it had of already been to applied to me I would of never got to rehome Bayan this week :(

Depends on which way you look at it. We have had members join who have posted 200 posts within a week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it seems that since that section was set up more and more Huskies have been appearing on here for re homing. I agree with Louise that it is is not a Husky Re homing Site. Also Marc and Sarah are doing a great job running this Forum and I will back them for any decisions that they make. :up:.............Ron

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it seems that since that section was set up more and more Huskies have been appearing on here for re homing. I agree with Louise that it is is not a Husky Re homing Site. Also Marc and Sarah are doing a great job running this Forum and I will back them for any decisions that they make. :up:.............Ron

As well as this there are more and more joining with no interest in any other part of the site other than to try to 'secure' the huskies within that section. In fact a lot more than people have seen as around 50% of them never make their way past the moderation queue. Hence the level of the problem.

I like this idea ...I do not agree with people signing up to the site just to get rid of unwanted animals. I made this point to one of the moderator's earlier this week. I joined the site because I wanted to read about other people's experiences with their dogs. I get really worked up reading that section so it's prob good I can't read it until I've done 500 of these lol...

I think its a great idea too, from my limited observations whenever a dog appears for rehoming there are people appearing from nowhere offering a free home then disappear immediately when they aren't successful. ( I realise that I am generalising but its something I have noticed, I am sure most people would rather there dog went to someone who had some kind of husky experience.)

Someone looking for a new home for their dog could still post but via mods and restricted to viewing by members who were around longer than 5 mins seems sensible and who would also advise the recognised rescue routes to folk who might not be aware of their existence.

nice 1 marc @ sarah.. that is fantastic idea... and i agree with what some have said about rehoming... i know if i needed to rehome one or all of my dogs ..i would want it to be to someone i have grown to know or can look back at what sort of owner they would make...but most important it would make it less painfull for any owner to be able to check past of poss new owner and know they would make a forever home ....

not that i ever would but would still be nice to have the ability to find out more about who is interested..

go for new job ..they want your history.... i would want to know the past and experience of anyone who would want to rehome..

Why not get rid of it completly & replace with a closed thread of info/advice to signpost people where to go if they feel they need to rehome their dog or looking to adopt etc

Because the section does actually do some good between its members at times and this is generally when the members are known to each other. We originally set it up for basically internal rehoming as it was working quite well with one person struggling where another was ready to take one on. With the size we are at present we can still do this.

And looking at it from SHWA and HIN point of view, it actually takes some of the strain of those too also, so would have though this would be a good thing in itself.

hey up... im registered but can't see the section is that right?

Please read the original topic fully.

I do agree that I get pretty damn annoyed when I see people with a zero post count asking to rehome a husky and you just know that they are only here for one thing. Which to me defeats the object because people who want to rehome come on here in a hope to get an experienced owner. By anybosy being able to access it they may as well just stick them on preloved or gumtree and give them to any old tom dick or harry.

I AM very grateful for the rehome section however, otherwise I wouldnt have found my perfect 'Bear' who is just like a big version of Marley and very much my baby boy too :heartbeat: Im smitten:lovebone::lovebone::lovebone:

I know you guys won't agree but I personally feel that all people should be encouraged to go to dedicated rescue such as Shwa & shcgb. That way a thorough Homecheck is done, a thorough dog assessment is carried out. By more people going this route would mean more dogs are better placed. No dog would be rehomed with the ability to breed.

From what I can gather folk try & get a private rehome as it's free - it should be about supporting welfare & getting the right dog for their lifestyle.

in part i agree with your post..but i also disagree .. i do think sometimes both clubs can be a little to ...for a want of putting it.... "RULES" .. they both have rules of what or how they will rehouse.. but do not look outside of the box..maybe individual staff don't do the correct or enough background check on people that wanna sign up hoping to help rehome..or its policy. now i am not in anyway knocking the great stuff all welfares do for dogs.. husky and non husky..

i have been refused for a dog from one welfare.. actually no wait they never rang back...why cos i have cats.. but yet previous post i have put has proved a lot of us have cats .. and live happily... and i have 3 that live with cats and 2 are welfare / rehome ... so from my personal opinion..if i could check the person out myself.. i would be happier that giving my dog up is the right thing to do....

being honest ..there is people out there ..and not necessary on this forum.. that i would never want my dog to go to.. but if my girls went into welfare i would have no choice...

if HO are gonna let rehoming etc to be part of the forum .. maybe just as an idea with how many members we have that .. a post is put up asking for help from all memebers / welfare / rescue clubs alike to do home checks...and a list be shown off who will help where.. as for me personally i would be more than willing to do any or all home checks Kent and parts or East Sussex area.. to help make sure the person having to make the awfull decision to rehome.. is some what hopefully happier about what they are doin.. now im not the ,most experienced but would always look at a place .. and say to myself ..."would i want my dog here "

its comforting to know the person you rehome to.. !!!

as i said this is in no way knocking what any of the welfare / rescue do for husky and non husky...

just saying yes i agree but also disagree

a post is put up asking for help from all memebers / welfare / rescue clubs alike to do home checks...and a list be shown off who will help where.. as for me personally i would be more than willing to do any or all home checks Kent and parts or East Sussex area.. to help make sure the person having to make the awfull decision to rehome.. is some what hopefully happier about what they are doin.. now im not the ,most experienced but would always look at a place .. and say to myself ..."would i want my dog here "

its comforting to know the person you rehome to.. !!!

as i said this is in no way knocking what any of the welfare / rescue do for husky and non husky...

just saying yes i agree but also disagree

Good Idea Richard. :)

Why not get rid of it completly & replace with a closed thread of info/advice to signpost people where to go if they feel they need to rehome their dog or looking to adopt etc

either that or find a member of staff or even a member that has time to .. view all posts on just that section before allowing to be seen..so they can decide if geniune member etc.or just on here for a quick cheap dog..and maybe could be liason betewen not only person wanting to rehome but person wanting to give home... so that we dont have so many posts all about the one dog.. there is one post about a dog recently for rehome that has well over 100 posts now.. every time i come on it pops up.. but to be honest i dont look at it anymore because it has gone so far off topic.. but point is with so many off topic posts .. that one dog could miss out on a forever home.. so rehome threads should be kept on topic..

also would like to see no more threads starting with.

.. i can give a home to a free husky,, etc.. blah blah blah

admin can we please ban this kind of post / thread as it is obvious why these people are on here...and that is not what this forum has ever been about and i know thats not why Marc & Sarah set it up !!!

well thats my opinion on it all,,

sorry if i have offended anyone.. but hey ho....!!! opinions can't make everyone happy

Not going to be starting homechecks on husky owners of anything like that. This is for rescues to do and we are not a rescue. Reasons are simple really.

Baring in mind we want to be a friendly forum, imagine the first time someone gets refused in the name of husky owners. Or even the first person who rehomes on our saying "yeah they ok" and it goes wrong. We are far too much of a social site to do anything like that. These things are best left to the individuals that are rehoming and the people who are set up for this purpose having no social element to their organisation.

And Richard ... Breath LOL

A Homecheck is only as good as the homechecker! I've done lots now & I'm pretty tough, right down to how the dog will be transported - if that's not safe then it's a fail til it is safe. (of course many other things too!!)

I would always be happy to do a Homecheck (unless I know them)

Ok .. not veering off the announcement please people. This is getting onto whether homechecks are done right or wrong and thats not this post.