IE9.... help??

Sid_Wolf

Just downloaded IE9 after being told how cool it is by the OH's dad...

Its annoying me already, on IE8 I had a row of favourites along the top, fb, other forums, ebay etc. They're all gone now!

Is there any way to bring them back? All I can find is how to pin them to the taskbar, I dont want them down there! I want them in the same page so I can flick between them

Grrrrrrrrrrr

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just downloaded IE9 after being told how cool it is by the OH's dad...

Its annoying me already, on IE8 I had a row of favourites along the top, fb, other forums, ebay etc. They're all gone now!

Is there any way to bring them back? All I can find is how to pin them to the taskbar, I dont want them down there! I want them in the same page so I can flick between them

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Press ALT .. then click on View>Toolbars and the ones you want to switch back on will be in there .....

And I agree with your OH's Dad

I'm also having a wee problem - at the top of the page on the husky forum I have the message

' IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS MESSAGE, YOUR BROWSER IS SERIOUSLY OUT OF DATE. PLEASE UPDATE TO IE8 OR ABOVE, OR CHOOSE ANOTHER BROWSER.'

I have downloaded IE9 and the message is still there. not causing a problem but annoying.

I'm also having a wee problem - at the top of the page on the husky forum I have the message

' IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS MESSAGE, YOUR BROWSER IS SERIOUSLY OUT OF DATE. PLEASE UPDATE TO IE8 OR ABOVE, OR CHOOSE ANOTHER BROWSER.'

I have downloaded IE9 and the message is still there. not causing a problem but annoying.

you downloaded IE9 - but did you install it? lol

Have you got the compatibility button pressed which looks like a broken piece of paper next to the address bar? If it's in compatibility mode it will act like it's in IE7 xxx

For example you will see here the compatability icon is highlighted. This basically treats things like they are Explorer 7

post-6615-1358607082766_thumb.jpg

When this is off you will notice the text is not there

post-6615-13586070824146_thumb.jpg

post-1-13585966685345_thumb.png

post-1-13585966685538_thumb.png

you downloaded IE9 - but did you install it? lol

Have you got the compatibility button pressed which looks like a broken piece of paper next to the address bar? If it's in compatibility mode it will act like it's in IE7 xxx

how stupid am I? well I've had a wee look at the address bar and it is different and the compatibility only shows blue on this site, what do I do to fix it?

• 1 month later...

If u like to have fast, stable and easy to use browser where everything is available with just one or at max for some system settings, 2 mouse clicks

Use firefox please. Microsoft is late with that version, very very late as firefox had most of that features in earlier versions. No alternative really, at least for me.

If u like to have fast, stable and easy to use browser where everything is available with just one or at max for some system settings, 2 mouse clicks

Use firefox please. Microsoft is late with that version, very very late as firefox had most of that features in earlier versions. No alternative really, at least for me.

Unfortunatly although I would love to agree with you, firefox lately is an absolute nightmare and a shadow of the browser it used to be. Whilst it is still very compliant with standards, its interface has changed to be pretty much the same as other browsers on the market, its javascript engine is slow, it's compatability with standard plugins such as flash and the likes is clunky at best. Real shame for a browser that used to be the best on the market.

PS: I work with them for a living.

Marc, I've just switched to Firefox 64 (minefield) and agree flash / etc are a nightmare.

I used to be a big fan of Opera, I paid for the desktop version - back when it was a for fee product - so I'm really disappointed in the direction they've taken. Firefox seems to be following this same path, adding to the "enhancements" and ignoring the operation of the browser.

Just my two cents worth! //al

I agree with the fact Firefox hasn't quite improved in the newer versions. Especially since they're now wanting to crank up the speed of new major releases which does give lots of people in various IT areas quite some headaches. I probably would've used Chromium if it wasn't for the loads of addons I'm running in Firefox now which I can't live without any more.

Well that could be issues regarding software itself, i like to have many tabs open at same time in maybe two firefox windows, and what i have noticed is really what u say, flash plugins do crash when listen youtube music while few more videos loading, frequent hangs of application it self which can last for over 10sec, which i was thinking was because OS problems, as i have very powerful PC mainly because my work requires it and, i do play games to see graphic improvements. I am afraid that with your opinion also pointing to same problems that this isn't faulty OS but browser itself.

I don't know much nor like javascripts so i can't comment about that but i think that this problems are also applying to other browsers as well, problem could be with so much new things added every day, constant flash updates, higher loads - and it is becoming more and more difficult for every team behind development of browsers to optimize them and implement changes with much testing , as competition is dictating pace of this race, so why not release untested product? Add few eye candy features to mask problems and repair that with updates. Firefox was mostly known for it's speed and great optimization but technology is developing way too fast this days.

Sorry for long post but this is very interesting subject and u did hit the spot to start thinking about it, but i admit, as u work directly with one of teams, that u have better level of information but i think that these reasons that i mentioned are main problems in browser business.

And many electronic based products today, it's price of faster improvements i would say where only end customers gets screwed up and pay the price.

yup lately firefox has been peeing me off even tho i used to love it

what would ya reccomend marc?

In order at the moment:

Chrome

Safari - pretty much even with chrome IMO

IE9

Firefox

Opera - only reason below firefox is compatability with coding standards.

In order at the moment:

Chrome

Safari - pretty much even with chrome IMO

IE9

Firefox

Opera - only reason below firefox is compatability with coding standards.

Chrome has improved that much in the time it's been out?? I looked at it when it first came out and didn't like what I saw at all.

Safari, in my opinion, seems "too cute" they seem to implement much of what Opera has (and in cases better) but it still (at my last look) seemed to be more interested in the "bells and whistles" than on the browser itself.

Unfortunatly although I would love to agree with you, firefox lately is an absolute nightmare and a shadow of the browser it used to be. Whilst it is still very compliant with standards, its interface has changed to be pretty much the same as other browsers on the market, its javascript engine is slow, it's compatability with standard plugins such as flash and the likes is clunky at best. Real shame for a browser that used to be the best on the market.

PS: I work with them for a living.

Agree!, FireFox for me at least USED to be the go to browser, but its no where near as gd as it used to be.

Chrome is the best atm.

But IE9 is cool, I like the ability to drag tabs into their own seperate Window, Handy when u've got dual monitors ^_^