so worried

Lil Miss Bump

i spoke to steve from anakusak huskies this morning after he had contacted Lee from SikuWulf breeders......

apparently ozzy (blizzard) was reported missing/stolen in december 2009 and manchester dogs home nor the chip company had been in contact with him when he was found in jan 10.

i am so so upset and worried that they may not be happy that we have him :-( when they never wanted to give him up.

i know Lee isn't angry with me, but ozzy is my baby-anyone can see how much we love him but what if lee wants him back?

lee has the KC papers-i'm sat sobbing in work at my desk as i am so worried, he's my boy :-(

steve has passed my numbers on to lee and lee is going to call me this evening but my heart is in my mouth and i just feel sick at the thought of ozzy going anywhere.

does anyone know where i stand with all this?

i was just happy to find out ozzy's history but now im just heartbroken and wish i didn't know anything.

all of you know me, i'd be over the moon to meet lee and his pack and keep in contact with them and steve too-and i'd never want any sort of bad feelings between any of us-but he's my ozzy :-(

i'm so upset, i had to get off the phone to lise and couldn't even speak to dave, im going to go and work from home in a few minutes as i can't bear to think that i'm away from him when i could be at home cuddling him

:-(

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hon, unless he was reported stolen on his microchip details then they actually dont have any right to take him... even if it was on his chip you can still contest them taking him back.. actually PROOVING you own a particular dog is VERY difficult and most of the time the courts will rule on the side of the person who adopted the dog from the shelter.

Not that Im saying it will come to all of that but just so you know you can fight it if they want to try to take him.

Personally I think they will see hes gone to a good home and just how much you love him and just be content to stay in touch and get photos and see him at meet ups.

Hugs hon, let us know what happens, I know I will be waiting at the edge of my seat to find out and Im sure everyone else will be too! :blink:

I know I'm new hear but it was soo nice to hear about you discovering his background, you seemed so happy. You obviously love your boy and hopefully they will not want to separate you. I would like to think you would have some say as he has been under your care for a long time. I hope this works out for you. I will keep my fingers crossed xx

thanks sarah, as i said i dont want any sort of bad feeling between any of us as lee loved/loves him just as much as we do but i'd just be heartbroken-im heartbroken now, i hope to god everything will be ok-he's only in rochdale so he can see us all the time and we can go there and he can be on facebook and here...i think if anyone sees my facebook between last feb and now they'll see that ozzy is completely my child and our family is me, mike, ozzy and dex.......

Oh my god huni. surely he isnt that heartless that he would take ozzy away from his home. any fool could c he has a loving family home and is very well cared for and is happy and content. it isnt like u stole him. u got him fair and square from a dogs home and its clearly their mistake. they obviously didnt scan him thoroughly! im here 4 u if u need me hun. ask ems 4 my number if u want. keep us posted.

Oh my god huni. surely he isnt that heartless that he would take ozzy away from his home. any fool could c he has a loving family home and is very well cared for and is happy and content. it isnt like u stole him. u got him fair and square from a dogs home and its clearly their mistake. they obviously didnt scan him thoroughly! im here 4 u if u need me hun. ask ems 4 my number if u want. keep us posted.

i wouldn't say heartless-i mean ozzy/blizzard was HIS baby, HIS puppy. steve said he is a really lovely guy, he is just as innocent in this as i am......... i can completely see why he would possibly want to try and take him back........it is quite obviously manchester dog's home's mikstake-please don't say anything bad against Lee....i just needed to say how worried i am

If Lee decides to take him back, maybe you could offer to buy him. ??

I'm sure Lee will understand that you have given him a loving home and he is YOUR boy now.

Hugs n hopes are with you.

i really hope that you are allowed to keep him hun.......

you adopted him legally through a rescue home........why didnt they find a chip????

if the owner has any beef then he should take it up with the recsue you got him from.......

you have ozzy now and i hope you arent parted from him xxx

im here for you aims x

kells

i really hope that you are allowed to keep him hun.......

you adopted him legally through a rescue home........why didnt they find a chip????

if the owner has any beef then he should take it up with the recsue you got him from.......

you have ozzy now and i hope you arent parted from him xxx

im here for you aims x

kells

hun

they did find the chip-they even changed the details over into mark and debbie's names (our friends that picked him up for us) the home said that they had contacted the owners and they didnt want him back. (from what i was told by them when I rang about his stitches!)

lee is very (understandably) annoyed with manchester dogs home and with the chip company as would i be........ but as i keep saying i have no problems with lee what so ever, he is just as innocent as i am in all of this.

Aww diz tht is awful I hope lee understand tht he is your baby now it wouldn't be fair on ozzy to take him bk now. Its none of your faults but lee has to do wats best for ozzy and tht is to leave him where he is. My wishes are wid you diz hope they don't take away your baby xxxx

Oh my goodness diz, i am soooo sorry to hear this. I can only tell you what happened to us

Last year when boog (our cat) was still alive, he didn't come home one night. We searched for him etc the follwing morning but no sign. that afternoon my vet rang to say that a woman had found him and was in the surgery, except there was a problem, she was saying the cat was her's. Luckily we had rehomed boog through the vet surgery involved so they had all the details of him there etc. It basically came down to the vet explaining that because the chip was registered in our name, (it also helped that our vet was a barrister, so i guess knew the law etc) there was nothing she could do about it. Luckily through the rehome paperwork etc we were able to put her mend at rest that he was never her cat to begin with.

So who is ozzy registered too at the moment on his microchip details, and even if it is lee, i am sure he will allow you to keep Ozzy hun, any decent person will see how much you love him, and how happy he is with you. keeping all our paws crossed hun and sending you huge hugs xxx

oh no diz *hugs* im sorry to hear this - i cant imagine they would take him back now?? maybe like andy says if he does decide he wants ozzy back you could offer to pay for him? - im sure we would all help and chip in if you needed the help *hugs* hope u get it sorted n ozzy stays with you - it wouldnt be fair on you mike ozzy or dexter to split u all up now :(

thanks everyone

he's registered to us but only just because of not being originally able to find the chip as it had migrated into his neck......so from jan 10-then he was registered to our friends mark and deb and we're always in contact with them so we knew if anything happened he was registered to them, he's been insured with us since we got him and registered at vets with us since then too

bless you nix-i know everyone would help if it was the monetary thing but i dont think that would ever be the case-as i said lee loves ozzy just as much as we do and he was keeping him, not breeding from him etc and loved him so much.

no he has one microchip in his neck registered to us-this chip was previously registered to lee (firstly) then to the dogs home, then to mark and debbie (our friends who got him from the dogs home for us) and now to us but we've only just been able to change it into our names as the dogs home were supposed to send out the info to mark and deb which they didn't and our vet in manchester kept saying that there was no chip...but when i took him to our new vet here for a check up with the possibility of getting him chipped again the vet found it in his neck xxx