so worried

Lil Miss Bump

Aw Diz, I'm sorry!! :(

I think Sarah may be right though. I don't think they can just ask for him to be handed over, I think they would have to prove that he was stolen. I hope everything turns out ok with this.

If you need anything, you know where I am xxx

I know I'll probably get it in the neck herewith my contribution, but if Lee has gone through ALL the channels reporting the dog missing i.e. Police, Dog Wardens, Council, Dog Pound etc, etc he IS still, the legal owner of him! as he has the paperwork to prove as such. If as was said that the Dogs Home rang Lee and he said to them that he didn't want him back, to do it legally, they would of had to have got him to either come in or go round his house to sign a disclaimer waving all rights to Ozzy. THEN, you are classed then as the LEGAL OWNER because he has signed him over to their care/responsibility. He would then have no comeback to Ozzy and he would now be legally YOURS. He could still take him back (but I very much doubt it if he can see how settled/loved he is). But he would then in a courts eyes, have to pay you back all outlays that you have paid out in Ozzy's time with you. He could claim these all back from the Dogs home for their lack of professionalism in their handling of a pedigree dog that was reported missing. As stated, they did change all his original details on his chip over to you. So there is no excuse that they were unable to contact Lee 1st. I think I would be contacting the Citizen's Advice and/or a Solicitor (you get aq free 30mins with one these days just to cover ALL angles.

You don't know his situation yet as he might have just accepted that he was gone for good and "moved on". It might also be the case that his situation has changed i.e. new job/residence where it wouldn't be fair on Ozzy as he may work more hours and not have the time for him or in rented where they don't allow pets! I think if he see's how settled Ozzy is, he would probably be happy knowing he's with someone who's caring/spoiling him and that he could still be a "Dad", but just in the shadow's.

Good Luck either way tho!!

Ian & The Ingleby Krew

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a difficult one to be honest.

I know boog was dumped outside our vets, who then scanned him, and contacted the owners, who told them where to go :angry:

Our vet didn't get a disclaimer signed from them as she said she would have loved to have met them! so I am assuming dogs are different to cats according to the law and the disclaimer rules?

Apparently Lee did report him missing/stolen to the microchip company-I'm not sure who else he told though as Anakusak Huskies (Ozzy's bloodline) didn't know, he said Lee had tried to contact him but it was at the time where he had to change all his details over so was unsucessful.

I am sure that Lee will have done everything he possibly could-from what I can tell he loved Ozzy (Blizzard) very very much, and I am hoping he can see that Ozzy is my family and has been with us so long that he's happily settled and that it would be best to leave him with us.

I appreciate what you're saying Ian-but as I said I have no further info. I don't want any sort of trouble what so ever with Lee, but I will obviously be fighting to keep Ozzy

I don't care how much money we've paid out in vets fees, insurance, food, treats, toys, harnesses, collars, leads-everything-it means NOTHING to me and fighting for money back if Ozzy did legally have to go back to Lee would be the last thing on my mind.

Ozzy means the world to me and mike and that is that.

I would just try to relax hun, until you have spoken to lee. Please give your vet a quick ring and ask their advice on the legal owner regarding the microchip details and see what they have to say and see if they can put your mind at rest .

I know lee may have his KC paperwork, but what is to say he hasn't sold ozzy without them. i know he hasn't, but he could have, therefore I cant see how having K C paperwork alone can resolve an ownership issue. Plus you have the rehoming center to back you up. I honestly dont think lee has a leg to stand on. I do feel sorry for him too though. Please try not to worry too much, I am keeping everything crossed for you, as i am sure everyone is, big hugs xxx

Thanks Ali

as you can imagine my imagination is working overtime at the moment and I just feel sick to the stomach-it's so hard to not want to really hate someone or find someone to blame!!

But I know it isn't anything to do with Lee-he is just as much a victim as Mike and I are and obviously we need to talk. But hanging on is killing me-I just want to say to him please see how much we love him and how happy he is to see me every time I walk through the door-and how he curls up across mike and i in bed whilst leaning on dex's belly!!

diz if ozzy wasnt registered as stolen with the police etc and if lee doesnt have a crime number etc

then he cant prove that ozzy wasnt just sold on....

its bad for lee but could work in your favour

like someone else said kc papers arent enough to claim ownership x

Wow, Diz. This is a horrible situation. i don't have any advice or experience with anything like this, just wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you and you have my support from all the way over here.

I know you love that bundle of fur, everyone can see as clear as crystal you do and he belongs with you. You have a lot of people here to give you a good character reference to back you up!

I hope with all my heart that you can keep him. Hugs from me and the girls.

diz if ozzy wasnt registered as stolen with the police etc and if lee doesnt have a crime number etc

then he cant prove that ozzy wasnt just sold on....

its bad for lee but could work in your favour

like someone else said kc papers arent enough to claim ownership x

Sorry to rubbish your part " if ozzy wasnt registered as stolen with the police etc and if lee doesnt have a crime number etc then he cant prove that ozzy wasnt just sold on.... " Lee might have just reported him as missing, possibly stolen, so therefore he wouldn't get a crime ref. no from the Police as technically he wasn't "stolen", so no crime has been commited. He would then be advised like I was, to try ALL avenue's with the dogs details with regards to them being able to contact you when he/she is found. Fair-do's, it can't be proven that Lee hadn't just sold him on. But if he had, this would be VERY hard to prove! The blame really still lies with the incompetance of the Dogs Home who dealt with it all. They should have records proving that they contacted him and a disclaimer proving he didn't want Ozzy back. So really, the argument is with them, but I think it may get messy if Lee demands Ozzy back. There again, being away from Lee for such a long time, he prob wouldn't settle and would want to be back home with Diz as she would be his "true" family now.

Ian & The Ingleby Krew

thanks dawn,

i've had him 1 year 2 weeks and 4 days, i've been with him the whole time only spending one night at most apart from him but usually i try and take him with me!!

Such a horrible thing to be going through :( i dont think anyone should have the right to take him from you now he is your boy you have raised him he knows you and loves you and i think this should be taken into account hope you get the results you should get

Thinking of you

Dawn & Storm

I'm so sorry to hear this Diz-

I'm curious- how long did Lee have him?

Since it's just dawn on this far side of the pond, I'm hoping you've already talked to him and have it worked out.

Prayers are with you. I know how hard this must be.

Lee had him for 2 years before he went missing, and now he's been with us over a year xxx

Lee had him for 2 years before he went missing, and now he's been with us over a year xxx

Thanks- was just curious- couldn't tell how old he was by the banner date.

Thats a tough one-

Hope the next news I hear is good news!

Fingers crossed for you Diz

So sorry to hear about this Diz, hopefully he will see that he is settled with you and well looked after and loved so much.

If he knew what was best to be honest he should be grateful that he now knows where Ozzie is and that he is being well loved & cared for.

If he was to put Ozzie first he shouldn't ask for him back as that would surely only unsettle him.

Big hugs, thinking of you & mike xxx

OMG DIZ, y didnt u ring me ????

I know how much u love Ozzy, i love him 2, he is 1 of the most gentle Huskies ive eva had the pleasure to meet. He n Dexter r bessies n u can just c that from the way they r with each other, if they were to be split up i think both would miss each other terribly and u n Mike of course. I would 2 n ive only been with him 4 a week n im besotted.

BUT n pls dont get upset with me.........................

Could u imagine if my Nooka boy had gone missin? I know i would have cried 4 months n months (wellin up just thinkin bout it) n suddenly i knew he was safe n sound wit a proper Husky person, i would want him back in a heart beat.

I cant speak for Lee n i just hope he doesnt want Ozzy (Blizzard) back cos ur now his Mum n Dad n Brother.

If im honest i would b completly screwed if i was in this situation cos i cas c it from both sides, u know i love u Diz u r a best friend in my eyes n i would do anythin 4 u so i hope he doesnt want him back. I really do feel 4 u xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx