Chance

RJHale

Rest In Peace my best friend for the last 14 years.

i called my mum to tell her something funny that had happened and she said that she was sorry she had to spoil my good mood but that Chance had died during the night and she had found him that morning.

we got Chance 14 years ago from a rescue. he was my best friend and when i needed to get away he was always there ready for a walk and to listen to my problems and cuddle with me when i needed one.

when i moved out of home i took him with me but his age had taken its toll and i had to send him back to my mums house where he could be inside and outside without having to wait for me to let him out during the night. unfortunately my mum had her own mental problems since her mum died and stopped taking care of them the way she used to. she would feed them and give them water but they were banished outside in an over grown backyard 24/7. i would take him to the vet, i would take care of him when i was able to get there. and i even had a team of my mums friends come in to help me clean up the yard. but she let it all go again.

when Chance first got cataracts in his eyes i was the one that took him to the vet, i got him treated, i payed for his eye drops all my mum had to do was use them and let me know when she was running out so i could get more. she never used them. she let him get matted and bloody from scratching because she wasn't controlling his allergy to the grass. i cleaned him up, clipped away the mats and gave him a bath. and took him back to the vet where she gave him some shots to help with his allergies. if i could have kept him i would have, but with a baby in the house and Chance peeing in the house it just wasn't safe.

i would have Chance over for sleep overs on weekends and during the week because i was afraid of storms and he helped keep me calm. and then i got Phoenix and the two of them were best friends. i would walk them together, we would go and visit my mum and they would play in the yard. Chance not so fast because he also had arthritis.

the one i feel most sorry for in all this is Smudge. my sister's dog that is also at mums house. but hopefully now mum takes better care of her. yes i blame my mum for this, as well as Chance being old. he should have been warm inside instead of cold, outside where it was raining all night, yes he had shelter but last night it wouldn't of helped.

Phoenix and Zara have been great they keep giving me kisses and cuddles since i found out and haven't left my side. and my partner's nephew is keeping my son out of my way and quiet. but right now i need to go and give my pups more cuddles because really they are the only ones that can make me feel any better.

[ATTACH]6913.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6914.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6915.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6916.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-1656-13585958030366_thumb.jpg

post-1656-13585958036302_thumb.jpg

post-1656-13585958041379_thumb.jpg

post-1656-13585958046957_thumb.jpg