Points to be made - All read

Marc

Hi All,

I have just removed a member from our forums due to an incident that happened last night on the forum. This member was abused in a thread, albeit for a condesending comment he made however the point remains this is clearly against the rules. This said however it was decided to sort this for himself, posting messages on the forum, posting up various statuses Im sure many will have already seen and blatently argueing with myself via the messaging system.

For this reason I would like to make a few points perfectly clear as I am way way way past annoyed as this has now been going on since midnight last night.

1. Calling another member will not be tollerated. From now on if anyone would like to break this rule go ahead but do not expect to be able to log into your account once it is seen by a member of staff.

2. Being condecending towards another member is likely to result in the above. If it does so then also expect your own account to be removed. There is no need for it. Its damned childish.

3. If you wish to leave the forum. Just leave. Do not feel you have to post up your reasons, post in yours statuses and more. Nobody is interested because we actually enjoy the forum. If you dont, then dont use it. Its really that simple.

4. Do not deal with a problem with someone breaking the rules and abusing you. Report it via the report button or pm a member of staff. To do otherwise only serves to annoy the hell out of me because you cause more problems than you solve in this way.

5. DO NOT EVER assume that I have 'done nothing' about a given situatino when it is reported. If I tell you I have dealt with the issue, it means exactly that. Just because you cannot see what I have done and how I have dealt with it does not mean I havent.

6. Argue with me constantly over 24 hours via the messaging system if you like, however I will put up with only so much. Myself and Sarah set this forum up as a community and it is our hobby. However do not see past the fact that it is our forum and if we are not enjoying it due to your actions we will simply remove the problem. IE yourself.

7. The above goes for everyone without exception. I have been known in the past (some who have been here for long enough will know this) to get rid of even the highest poster on the forum due to them causing me issues on the forum. Nobody is above the rules and I will put specifics in there if needbe. At current there is a lot of play in the rules with comments such as "xyz will not be tollerated" which means we can treat things on a case by case basis. If I have to put in the rules "Breaking this rule will result in an immediate ban" I will follow the rules to the letter without exception.

It gets beyond a joke when there are people on our forum who feel there is a clique and that certain things will be expected to be ok by one and not by another. This is very very much not the case. A lot enjoy this community and Im sorry, but over the past 24 hours I absolutly hate the place. Please remember who's enjoyment keeps this place up to date, in front of the others, and most of all existing at all.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>>>It gets beyond a joke when there are people on our forum who feel there is a clique and that certain things will be expected to be ok by one and not by another. This is very very much not the case.<<<

Thank you for the post...and mostly for including this piece. I certainly can understand this...and being from the other side of the ocean, there are often posts that I just don't get because things are different in other countries and initially it did feel this way...that said...I feel very, very welcomed, and I love being able to come here to share photos of my boys and to get opinions on my dog issues from others who understand Huskies. Thanks for all you do to truly MODERATE the group. I'm glad I found it and want to be able to come around for a long time!B)

Read, understood and agree 100%, I help manage a forum and know how much work you, Sarah and all the other admins/mods put into keeping this site up, running and an enjoyable place to be. So from me a HUGE thank you to you all, as just before I joined I was considering re-homing Nikita due to issues with behaviour and the older kids etc, and coming on here reading other peoples expiences stopped me from making a huge mistake I'd of regretted :D