Puddles?

Alex T

Does you dog leaves puddles of water after drinking from thier bowl?

Im constantly mopping up puddles of water after Isis goes for a drink - she seems to find it amusing that she takes a large amount of water in her mouth, walks away from the bowl, opens her mouth and then lets it dribble all over the floor!

If were in the same room as her she does it and then just stares at us for a reaction - tried telling her off about it - made no difference! Tried ignoring her thinking shes doing it for a reaction - made no difference!

Any ideas on what to try next?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

blaze dribbles aswell and he tips his water on the floor and lies in it bless him tryin 2 keep cool he will also lyin his head over his bowl to keep cool best thing weve got that cleans it up is bingo he will lick blaze cuz its drippin off his face lol :)

bingo dont dribble must b a husky thing

bingo dont dribble must b a husky thing

I can sort of agree to that. My sisters old staffie / mastiff mix used to be worse for dribbling though it was like watching Hooch from the film "Turner and Hooch"

was like watching the start of this clip

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O4NaHaFk8s[/ame]

Bo must be the exception to the rule - as he's not a 'dripper'. Our problems in that respect come from the lab/rottie cross. He'll flood the kitchen with the excess. OOooooo.

(Though we do have the elevated food and water bowls, so that might be the difference.)

Our Smithy dribbles and with mouth soaking wet comes straight up to the crutch area and nuzzles, nice embarrassing wet patch, thanks. Another thing he does with his water is he puts his paw in and digs, until he's happy then trails more water around the house with soaking wet paws...

Thsese are supposed to help with this and the variable height allows your dog to feed and eat in comfort, and is recommended to minimise back and neck problems.

thanks Dunc... i have raised feeders and water bowl for my girls... now can some one tell them thats what they are for lol... cos i think they dont realise