Common courtesy

Marc

Hi peeps,

It has come to my attention today that people have been asked for other members telephone numbers on the forum and have been given them without a second thought. Please can I ask that people have the common courtesy of not giving another member someones number without the permission of the person who's number it is.

I have personally given my own number to people on the forum and I'm sure some of you find it handy for me to be contactable when I am needed, however if I see this has happened again my own number will be changing and I will only be contactable via the forum.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About a year ago someone give out my number and to say I was not happy about it is a major understatement but I never brought it to the forum, with hindsight maybe I should of done.

Listen the world is not a safe place and to many go around with rose tinted glasses on and although I know a few on here most of you I don't apart from forum names. would you get my number not a chance :angry:

And for the odd 1 or 2 that as got in give it out I dare you :lol:

• 9 months later...

i know this is an old thread but i would just like to bump it up after recieving a phone call (which i did not answer) off sum1 i didnt know last night at stupid oclock (yes 10:45 is stupid aclock for me as i work at 5:50) saying he was given my number off somebody - i dont know if they did give him my number or if he just took it off their phone - but feel i need to bring this back to people attention as i would have liked to have been asked first if it WAS given to him.

totally agree, Nix, and it was my number being given out without my knowledge that started this back then .... I wouldn't even call someone I knew at that time of night unless it was an emergency, let alone someone who's number I had just got .... :banghead:

totally agree, Nix, and it was my number being given out without my knowledge that started this back then .... I wouldn't even call someone I knew at that time of night unless it was an emergency, let alone someone who's number I had just got .... :banghead:

i was JUST drifting off to sleep aswell - it takes me ages to fall asleep

Dunno about you, but I use my phone as my alarm clock & don't take kindly to calls or even texts at stupid o'clock, whether AM or PM ........ but other people don't think of that! :rolleyes:

yes i do - i hate having to wake up at 5:30 let alone being woken up during the night when i NEED to sleep - otherwise i just cant function properly n struggle to actually do my work when im tired

I don't understand people's logic when they call at stupid o'clock like that! I'd never call someone before 10am or after 7pm, and I also try to avoid meal times. I would NEVER dream of calling someone at almost 11pm!! :o :O :o What did this guy even want??

I don't understand people's logic when they call at stupid o'clock like that! I'd never call someone before 10am or after 7pm, and I also try to avoid meal times. I would NEVER dream of calling someone at almost 11pm!! :o :O :o What did this guy even want??

said sum1 had shown him my pic he thought i looked alrite so asked sum1 else for my number so thought he would 'give me a bell' :confused: