Common courtesy

Marc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's not really a lot private anymore

i had to go through the rigmarole(is that a new word,lol?) of changing my land-line and mobile and Keith's too

after we got 20-30 calls every night from some ar**hole!!

it was really unpleasant and got quite scary at times!!

my number was only ever given out to people i trusted....mmm!!!

we went through absolute hell,but,it was reported and the person ended up with a caution in the end :D

so again,my number is given out under strict instructions it doesn't get passed on

I never understood why people felt the need to be nice to strangers who feel the need to call at ungodly hours...

Unless you fall into a very small category (someone I deployed with, or my husband working out of state generally) if you call at stupid o'clock the greeting you get is as follows:

"Hello? Do you know what time it is? Is anyone bleeding? Is anyone in the hospital or needing a ride? Is my house on fire? Is not talking to you right this second going to ruin some important aspect of my life?"

A pause during the retarded appoligy that isn't actually meant by the calller..."You know what time it is...you said so...I'm going back to bed...call during normal people hours" click

said sum1 had shown him my pic he thought i looked alrite so asked sum1 else for my number so thought he would 'give me a bell' :confused:

I think we got a case of pot calling kettle here.......

You are correct Nix no one should give anyone elses number out without asking said person 1st but along the same lines you no one should be putting anyone in a position by asking for it in the 1st place if you see what I mean :confused:

I think we got a case of pot calling kettle here.......

You are correct Nix no one should give anyone elses number out without asking said person 1st but along the same lines you no one should be putting anyone in a position by asking for it in the 1st place if you see what I mean :confused:

erm no im confused????

never mind i THINK i understand now

First, the subject of this thread is non-existent --- I don't think there is much of a thing as "Common courtesy" anymore. As I've grown older, it seems as if more and more people seem to be under the misconception that no one has any rights except them.

(( Okay, that's a little harsh; I've met some excellent people but I've also met some real anally compulsive individuals as well. ))

Nix, if I were in your shoes, I'd be seriously having thought about calling the local gendarmes <sp> and asking that they give this gentleman a call. With a real strong suggestion that harassment charges would follow the next contact. As has been noted, there are some really weird people out there. He had his first chance when he called you at "stupid:30", uninvited contact constitutes harassment in most of the western world, if he needs to have this explained to him then it should be the police who deliver the explanation. It doesn't matter the source of his call landline or cell, he can be gotten back to.

said sum1 had shown him my pic he thought i looked alrite
I wasn't under the impression that the looks of the owner were any reason to contact someone; were I breeding, the looks of the animal might be of interest, but his line is stock *******

I'd suggest you do something before he does something more stupid!

//al

its sorted now so lets just forget it yeah - ive had a very big sinscere appology by the person who made the mistake in giving out my number and they will be having a word with the person who has my number so its all gonna be sorted - no worries now - i was just annoyed but im not anymore