Dog found hanged from river bridge in Bury

Dunc

A dog has died after being left hanging from a bridge over the River Irwell in Greater Manchester.

A member of the public found the female cross-breed attached to a chain off the cycle bridge in Bury on Saturday.

The RSPCA described the incident as "unbelievable" and appealed for information so they could find the person who "could do such a thing".

RSPCA inspector Caroline Hall said: "This dog suffered a horrendous death. If anyone knows anything get in touch."

The metal chain had been tied around a pole on the bridge.

The dog was wearing a green leather collar. It was not wearing an ID tag and had not been micro-chipped.

Ms Hall added: "I'm keeping an open mind as to who the person, or people, responsible for this awful act of cruelty are.

"This was a young, apparently healthy, dog. It would seem the cause of her death was hanging.

"It seems likely that the person or people responsible took her to this bridge intending to do what they did to her.

"If anyone knows anything please get in touch." Causing unnecessary suffering to an animal carries a maximum sentence of six months in prison and or a £20,000 fine under the Animal Welfare Act 2006. Or just hang them from the same bridge angry.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sick bastard(s)... looks like Mike Vick has made his way across the pond. I think the guilty party(ies) should be made to pay the fine and then hanged themselves, and not the nice broken neck way but the wrong, long drawn out suffocation way so people can heckle them on their way out of this world.

Ross

Probably a pet belonging to a rival gangmember. or just dickheads "havin a bit of a laugh".

they should have chickenwings tied to their nads and then let starving dogs in the room.

That is fucking disgusting i wont say sorry for language and 6 months in priosn. The law is a joke poor dog i hope that the police dont find them an some one who knows who it was does and hurts them to such a degree they can no longer feed them selves solid food again

SCUM angry.gif

ok i should say sorry for language really. Just anger instently angry.gif

this actually made me feel sick! so sick in fact that i had to stop reading it. how can sick f****** get away with such things. i hope the rspca actually do something and find the person that did it, they need to be punished for this..i'm thinking hanging is too good a punishment on its own....how about being hung, drawn and quartered? grrrr, i'm gonna have to stop typing now, just too angry!!! :angry:

There are some evil people in this world.

I'm not going to defend whoever did it, but i really cannot believe someone tied him up and tossed him off a bridge to hang and die. I'm sure whoever it is, tied him up and abandoned him.

I really don't think people can be THAT cruel. I hope not anyway. Regardless, people need to take responsibility for their actions and not take the cowards way out!

its becoming a sick old world out there now, people have no respect for each other, no respects for pets no respect for nuthing who do i blame, i blame the parents for not installing these values into these troubles kids, an agressive cycle has be started and cant be stop these people thinks its ok what there doing, bring back the belt, bring back your mother or father skelping you with a belt, sure makes you think twice about things. The youth of today have made a mockery of their elders, just look at the newspapers tv internet its just getting worse. I hope these bastards suffer a long slow painful death just like they've cause to this dog :angry::angry::angry::angry:

While agree with some of it scott i think 100% unfair to say kids of today i know what would be thought os some horrible F**kers an guess what they are not kids they are in the late 20's to 30's pluss.

And as in reverse i know some young people of all ages who are sound of personality an morals.

Though i do agree people as a general rule are scum you can't pin point it to a single generation. blame society as a whole for failing and the lazy ass people who have no morals or values.