Hello from a New Husky Owner

Amarynthia

Hello, everyone!

My husband, daughter and I are new husky owners as of a week ago! We have much to learn and I'm sure much adventure in store for us with our little husky puppy. :)

Ahsoka is a very friendly, loving, playful, and quiet puppy thus far. She only playfully yaps at our cat Obi-Wan Katnobi in fun, and briefly when crated during the night. No barks, no whines, and no talking as of yet from our little girl. She is 10 weeks old today, is cream colored all over with a tarnish over coat, and blackish gray mask, ear tips and coloration down her back. Oh and a cute little spot on the top middle of her tail.

We are curious to learn about her coloring (we don't know much about that) and her breed so that we can give her the best home and life she deserves. ♥️ 

20191006_082854.jpg

20190929_201727.jpg

20190929_200813.jpg

Welcome!

She is cute❣️

O boy are you in for a ride. LOL

They change their colors quick and  dramatically so take lots of pictures.

Lots of patience, love, and training. They can be stubborn so definitely have a good since of humor about it. 😁

This is my girl.... her brother really didn’t change much. Just became a moose. Hahha 

48FE8E0D-368C-44B7-960C-489C0F87E20A.thumb.jpeg.b49fb3ac939d5c11553af19e7fc8668a.jpegADEFD128-6774-4CAF-80A9-51F749D776EE.thumb.png.b5a7c60eae1f08a1de3deaf8969b7567.pngE39D4FC8-806C-4ED4-ABA9-7DA07C4AFD57.thumb.jpeg.8da587c26305e4a3c2aabf376772f54f.jpeg

As 2HF says  -  you are in for a wild ride.   Huskies are the best dogs on the planet  -  if you don't mind being challenged, ignored, disobeyed, & outwitted.  However intelligent you think she is   -  she is twice that smart (at least).    When she is small like this she will do what you want  (most of the time) but as she gets older its definitely a "what's in it for me"  attitude with huskies.

Just be aware to keep her occupied   -   if you dont keep her occupied she will occupy herself  -  and that usually turns out to be expensive (as I found out to my cost  -  Marley ate my first suite).

That being said  - I wouldn't swap my two for anything in the world   -  huskies are the best dogs on the planet   .........  and one is never enough.

Archived