Who said cats and Huskys can't get along

LamboLilly

It's taken 3 years to build this bond but Lilly and Sydney sure do have a lot of love for each other. I often think that Sydney thinks she's a dog, she shares their water bowl, I have often caught her getting dog treats and giving them to Lambo and Lilly from the tin..... if only she would make them sit first 🙄. But just thought I'd share that cat and husky relationships are possible 😍

IMG_2675.JPG

Marley will kiss both cats and they often go nose to nose (but they are not over fond of his kisses and will wash themselves afterwards)  -  but sometimes when he is feeling playful he can nudge them a little too hard with his nose but if they hiss at him he backs off and plays softer again.    Never any aggression on his part  -  but I am careful always  - he has just turned 2.  Both cats will lay down on the settee at night and the dogs leave them alone  - but if they come in the lounge during the day - the dogs think that is their time for the sofa and are not too happy.

@LamboLilly ~ That is the SWEETEST photo EVER!! Kitty is giving a big bear hug there. Just so so previous!! Just SHARE THE LOVE!!
[emoji192][emoji191][emoji7][emoji8][emoji170][emoji178]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

@Spoiled62912 ~ Your ANNA BANANA is a GORGEOUS red and love her icy eyes...so darn pretty!! She's got that look like I didn't do anything wrong LOL!!
[emoji178][emoji274][emoji102][emoji4][emoji171]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

P.S.@LamboLilly ~ Meant PRECIOUS (not previous) LOL!!🤣

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

I would say that the majority of dogs , not only huskies, can not get a long with cats... we used to have a gsd that would smell them half a mile away and even when not being able to walk, would still want to have a go at them...

Beautiful kitties but like mentioned don’t trust them 100%. Huskies are known for a high prey drive and it has happened that they’ve lived with cats for years and then one day the prey drive was triggered unexpectedly and the cats sadly passed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

and quite often a husky (or other breed) will get on quite happily with the house cat.

however other local cats are still fair game and will become prey if they stray into the garden

That is priceless [emoji4] My cat and huskies don't get along that well my cats have just as bad stubbornness as my huskies so I think that's why [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] They can be in the same room and not eat one another that's all I want [emoji2][emoji2][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] But if I can make them good as friends as your I would take it in a heart beat [emoji179][emoji178][emoji178][emoji171][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji272][emoji272][emoji259][emoji259]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived