HI everyone

law

Hi,

joined this morning just before we go pick up our new pup, Kodi :)

First husky for me and fulfils many many years of adoring these fantastic dogs. We'll post up some pics when we get him home.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. What a day its been, he is absolutely exhausting :)

Settled in no problem and trying to get the toilet training going, literally hit and miss.

20160123_113041.jpg

20160123_140348 (1).jpg

20160123_140408.jpg

Seems to be settling in to a routine now. We have a crate for sleeping and a pen for pooping :) He's been really good at going to the pen today and its now the only place he's been for toilet.

He only had his round of vaccs on Saturday so today was the first we could take him outside, he had a wee potter around the garden. I'm trying to get him used to the pen being his go to toilet and will gradually move closer to the door over the week, will keep trying him outside after eating and sleeping. He's crashed out now, hard life :)

IMG_20160125_153733.jpg

He is so lovely. My girl was actually very easy to toilet train. I have never met a more clever dog and once she knew what I wanted she went outside. 

I think a good tip is that if there are any accidents you should make sure to use a cleaner without ammonia to clean it up. 

On 25/01/2016 at 7:34 PM, AryaStark said:

He is so lovely. My girl was actually very easy to toilet train. I have never met a more clever dog and once she knew what I wanted she went outside. 

I think a good tip is that if there are any accidents you should make sure to use a cleaner without ammonia to clean it up. 

Good tip, I have some spray that I got with the puppy pads so I will check and see.

We put the pen across the living room door with puppy pads in it and he goes in there of his own accord, if we let him roam about that's when the accidents happen. One question, I know they say if you see them starting to pee then to take them outside, he's done by the time we even get near him :) My plan was to get him used to going to the pen in his own time and keep taking him outside at more predictable times such as first thing and straight after dinner.