Shopping Mania About To Commence?

Emma

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I make it a point to stay off the roads on Black Friday (except if absolutely necessary). If I need to get something, I avoid the big box stores like the plague, or I go without until things calm down.

It isn't as crazy here as in the States, but I'd rather not be trampled. 

Edited by SolitaryHowl

I would go on Black Friday just for the experience, not to get any deals. Nothing is worth waiting in line for two hours. Altho tomorrow I do have to get dog food and get a birthday present for Nikko since he will be 3 tomorrow!

Mine was done weeks ago.

I'll be at home feet propped up

Glass in hand

Chortling to myself while the lemmings run frantically about trying to get the best bargain.

I have no idea tbh.  That Martin 'money saving expert' guy said to make sure it is a good deal before you buy rather than act on impulse.  The only problem is that if you leave it too long the chances are it'll be gone.  :erm:

I don't like crowds. I don't like shopping and I already have all the things I need (except for a horse and a reindeer). But seeing as I'm in holiday, and my hotel is within walking distance to a huge shopping mall, and this would be my first ever Black Friday, why not? :D

I have no idea tbh.  That Martin 'money saving expert' guy said to make sure it is a good deal before you buy rather than act on impulse.  The only problem is that if you leave it too long the chances are it'll be gone.  :erm:

Yes, that is why I'm not sure about waiting. I have to plaster a wall and get some wood cut tomorrow so I won't get back to shopping until the evening.

Well I stayed up to 2am trying to get into the game website. Eventually managed to get on and get as far as add item to basket before it crashed and booted me off the website again. In desperation I drove down to game (I could have walked it in about 2 minutes but it's dark) and the queue was out the door and half way down the shopping estate so I said a bad word and went home again.

Damn you Black Friday!

Well I stayed up to 2am trying to get into the game website. Eventually managed to get on and get as far as add item to basket before it crashed and booted me off the website again. In desperation I drove down to game (I could have walked it in about 2 minutes but it's dark) and the queue was out the door and half way down the shopping estate so I said a bad word and went home again.

Damn you Black Friday!

I did the same haven't been down tho no point

I did the same haven't been down tho no point

They ran out of the £299 xbox + 4 games about 30 mins after midnight in our local store so just as well we didn't stay and wait.  I'm really p***ed off though as the 12-1 deal on the limited edition COD xbox and controller can't be bought online due to their website not working.  They said on the site that because of this the deals would be honoured instore.  I go back to the store today at 12 and they refused to honour the deal.  By the time i get back having composed an angry email of complaint in my head, I see they have changed their message now to say that they won't be honouring any deals instore.  Talk about cover your a**e!  Not a happy bunny! 

Edit: just seen the microsoft have released an xbox one games bundle for £299 with £35 cashback. 

I just seen some videos.....CRAZY peeples....that is all I can say... :P:D

Tell me about it!  if they were giving things away for free then maybe I could understand it!  But the deals aren't exactly giving it away, not sure why everyone's going so nuts?! 

They ran out of the £299 xbox + 4 games about 30 mins after midnight in our local store so just as well we didn't stay and wait. I'm really p***ed off though as the 12-1 deal on the limited edition COD xbox and controller can't be bought online due to their website not working. They said on the site that because of this the deals would be honoured instore. I go back to the store today at 12 and they refused to honour the deal. By the time i get back having composed an angry email of complaint in my head, I see they have changed their message now to say that they won't be honouring any deals instore. Talk about cover your a**e! Not a happy bunny!

Edit: just seen the microsoft have released an xbox one games bundle for £299 with £35 cashback.

Try now I got the site up but I looked for Nintendo and it wouldn't load don't know if xbox will be any different

Try now I got the site up but I looked for Nintendo and it wouldn't load don't know if xbox will be any different

Thanks Nix. Yeah that's the same problem i'm getting.  You can see the main bits but when you actually try to go into the deals it won't work......and the time slot has expired for what I was after.   still at least I can get onto the site...better than last night.   Took me 2 hours of refreshing the page to get into the best midnight deal, got as far as starting to add it to the basket and then it completely crashed out on me and refused to let me back into the site.  Have gone instore and got the Assasin's creed deal instead.  Not as nice as the limitied edition cod console but hey ho.  It's going to be a joint xmas prezzie for them both.  No way I could afford one each, would be my entire months wages gone in one hit! lol.