Need To Stick A New Key On My Laptop.

Emma

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Omg! How much dust is inside it?! You can't really see it when you're looking at it! :jawdrop:

9b39c4756794548e44bfa2b1b4a97d05.jpg

5cc1442d714127f758a9a68c6be31204.jpg

Edit: oh dear! I took the old clip off and tried to put the new one on....it wouldn't fit. So I tried to put the old one back on....it wouldn't clip back in to position! Have now even managed to mess up the D key too! (Took it off to compare how the clips should be aligned and couldn't get the key to slot back in properly afterwards!). This is turning into an ordeal!

You will need to fit the 2 bits on the left of the new clip together to make an X shape.

Then it is really tricky. When I broke a key recently, I fitted the X shape into the back of the key and then used the screwdrivers out of a cracker to fit the other ends of the X onto the keyboard. I don't know if you need the third bit of the new clip as the original bit looks like it is still fixed onto the computer.

(Edit: I was lucky that the key I was fitting was at the edge of the keyboard - yours will be harder)

Thanks.  Yeah the problem I had was basically i've got the wrong replacement part.  :facepalm: 

Oh and even my husband has struggled to get the orgional fitting back on again.  The f key is currently raised and at an angle, looks more like a diamond shape than a square, lol.  And let us not even mention the D key, which was perfectly fine until I took it off.......now it is sunken down at the top an lifting up at the bottom. 

In summary:  I've proper messed it up!  :redface1:

If you are still not sorted, PM me make and model, I may well have a spare keyboard in stock that you can have. Looks like a HP 620 series at a glance.

Oh wow, you really could tell just from the keypad?! . Yeah it's a HP G62. [emoji106]

Thank you very much. I'll pm you on a moment. [emoji1]

Just pm'd you and have since realised you meant the whole keyboard and not just the clip, lol.

If you are still not sorted, PM me make and model, I may well have a spare keyboard in stock that you can have. Looks like a HP 620 series at a glance.

Thats a very generous offer :)

All she would have to do then is put it on LMFAO ... that could be interesting

Thats a very generous offer :)

All she would have to do then is put it on LMFAO ... that could be interesting

need to be a fly on the wall to see that...

or even better have an action and the highest bidder get's to see it live via webcam...

Sorry, I have 35 broken HP laptops, but nothing that fit yours. Nearly but not quite. When I haven't had what I need, I have used http://www.onlinelaptopbatteries.co.uk/Hp_G62_-_A_Series/cat1222108_1295813.aspx

They are about £15 and easy to fit.

Search YouTube for how to fit.

Thank you so much for looking and the advise.  It's greatly appreciated. xxx :grouphug: