Howdy from Ontario!

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, just registered today. I recognize a few usernames already though :) My name's Ren and I have owner and raced Siberian Huskies in sprint dog sledding for about 7 years now. Currently I only have 3 dogs in my yard and sadly that can't change until I move. To race I borrow dogs from friends who have larger kennels. My current female is actually just "vacationing" here. She didn't make it on the race team at the kennel she is from so being here allows her to get more one on one time and also get to race too. Aside from the Huskies I am also involved with personal protection dogs. Sometimes training them, sometimes being the decoy for them (that's the person that is in the suit getting bitten by the dog). I joke with the head trainer and owner saying I am the dogs' favourite chew toy! LOL

Beyond dogs I do horseback riding, fishing, truck mudding and whatever other outdoorsy thing I can get myself involved in! Typical country girl, eh? :)

Without further ado though I will introduce you all to the fuzzbutts I love so dearly!

First up is the "old man" of the group, Ronan. From the very first day I put a harness on this dog when he was 2 years old he has been a lead dog! He strongly dislikes running behind another dog. At almost 8 years old he is still leading my race team and I don't see that changing in the next couple of years either. He is what some people refer to as my "heart dog".

Apsleyf.jpg

Next is Oceano, the very first Husky I ever aquired and the reason I got into dogsledding. He is my PITA, my eternal puppy at 7 years old LOL Although he still goes on training runs sometimes this year he has been retired from the race circuit as he just isn't quick enough to keep up with the other guys. He will live out the rest of his many days being the ham that he is and enjoying the life of a pet.

DSC01323.jpg

And of course can't forget Miss Chilly Jilly! At 35Lbs she's my little spitfire! Don't let her small size fool you she can keep up and pull just as hard as the big guys with a total no-quit attitude!

DSC04477.jpg

And of course can't forget to mention Miss Tundra, the newbie to dogsledding! She's only 1 year old so this will be her very first racing season! She belongs to a good friend of mine who I drag along to the races LOL (Tundra is the one in the red harness)

DSC04526.jpg

And then some days the Siberian Huskies arent quite faste enough to feed my reckless side so I head over to my buddy Paulo's place where he has a kennel of Alaskan Huskies. He hooks up a team of 10 or so dogs and sends me on my way LOL It looks something like this (in this pic Paulo is running a 14 dog team, we didn't get any pictures of me running the dogs because my camera froze up, but there will be more opportunities!)

DSC04571.jpg

I could go on all day long introducing you guys to all the different Huskies I work with but I would hate to bore you! ;)

Welcome to the Pack. Your dogs look great. Look forward to your participation and more photos too.

Hey ya, :wave:

Welcome to the pack!! Great intro!! :D Hope you enjoy the site and make lots of friends chatting about this lovely Breed. I really look forward to seeing you around the forum and would defo love to see loads more pics/videos of your furbabies :D x x x x x