Bringing Home An Adopted Husky!!

Im sad to say that Snickers has ran away since July 8.. But I havent given up yet on finding him, ive been going to all animal shelters to check up, postin up flyers in all neighborhoods and even made a facebook page for him ( facebook.com/snickerstheminipinscher ).

Earlier though i have asked in a different forum what would be the best companion for my husky, Shadow. I finally found her at one of the animal shelters i went to ☺️ I took Shadow along to see how they would get along and it seems like they are perfect for each other! She'll be coming home on Wednesday, i'm so excited!

I need opinions on what to name her though! I wanted a name that pairs with Shadow, him being dark/black and her being light/white ? haha any name options will do tho!a8ugazen.jpg

vynate9y.jpg

y2etuqyj.jpg

Stephanie Gonzalez

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, so sorry to hear about Snickers :( hope you find him and hope you find him soon xx

I have a long list of names, but one that matches "Shadow" is a little tricky :o let's see...

From the word "light", the closest I can get to the antonym of "shadow", I have Hikari (Japanese for "light") and Kira (Japanese for "shine")

From the word "white", I have no other suggestion than Yuki (Japanese for "snow") unless you're keen on names like White Rose

Names starting with the word "snow": Snow Angel, Snowstorm, Snowflake <- though this one sounds more like a cat's name

Thanks, i really hope so too ): its been 5 days now tho, im really worried and even more that we live near open land where theres coyotes, snakes, hawks, etc.. I dont even wanna think about it cuz i start to cry

Yeahh Shadow is very tricky aha Kira sounds really pretty (: Rose too haha i was thinking of Snowflake also but like you said it sounds like a cats name, maybe also like starlight? Somethin of the sort haha

Thank you!

Stephanie Gonzalez

Well the best thing about being so small is the ability to hide just about anywhere. You're gonna need to look under cars or behind bushes x not that you haven't already.

I like starlight :) though I'd spell it Star Light if it was me. There's this dog in my neighborhood that I secretly name "Starla", just because she's all-white.

Sugar reminds me of a Maltese or a Pom :shrug:

Well the best thing about being so small is the ability to hide just about anywhere. You're gonna need to look under cars or behind bushes x not that you haven't already.

I like starlight :) though I'd spell it Star Light if it was me. There's this dog in my neighborhood that I secretly name "Starla", just because she's all-white.

Sugar reminds me of a Maltese or a Pom :shrug:

Thats true but being small also means could be easily taken /: i will have to look in more small places but by now he could be pretty far

Yeah Star Light seems so much better (: Starla is a cute name also!

Stephanie Gonzalez

White (dog names for "white colored dogs")

• Alaska
  • Aspirin
  • Bianco (White in Italian)
  • Blanc (White in French)
  • Blanco (White in Spanish)
  • Blondie
  • Casper
  • Chalk 
  • Clouds
  • Cloudy
  • Coconut
  • Cotton
  • Creamer
  • Crackers
  • Crystal
  • Custard
  • Diamond
  • Flaxen 
  • Flocon – means snowflakes in Russian
  • Fluffy
  • Frosty
  • Ice
  • Isa (pronounced as: EE-SA) The word 'isa' means 'iced' in some dialects of Norwegian
  • Icy
  • Ivory
  • Jasper
  • Jasmine (Jazzy)
  • Karo
  • Kaya-Japanese for "pure"
  • Magnolia
  • Marshmallow
  • Marzipan or Marzi
  • Milkshake
  • Milky
  • Milkyway
  • Moon
  • Noodle
  • Opal
  • Pearl
  • Popcorn
  • Powder
  • Salty
  • Sishya
  • Snowball
  • Snowcone
  • Snow White
  • Snowflake
  • Snowy
  • Sparkle
  • Spooky Mulder - all white and noisy
  • Starlie
  • Sugar
  • Tapioca 
  • Vanilla
  • Vinegar
  • Winter
  • Zema – means winter in Russian

Firstly I'm sorry to hear about Snickers. [emoji20] I really hope you find him.

Would like to say Congratulations on your new addition! Hope everything goes well next week! [emoji2]

Been wracking my brains trying to think up a name that goes with shadow. So far all I have come up with is spirit but I'm really not much good at that kind of thing, lol.

Have put this into members announcements. [emoji2]

Firstly I'm sorry to hear about Snickers. [emoji20] I really hope you find him.

Would like to say Congratulations on your new addition! Hope everything goes well next week! [emoji2]

Been wracking my brains trying to think up a name that goes with shadow. So far all I have come up with is spirit but I'm really not much good at that kind of thing, lol.

Have put this into members announcements. [emoji2]

Thank you, i hope so too ):

And thanks again!(: i was so happy to find her, and i think Shadow was too(:

Haha yeah Shadow is really hard to pair but it be cute if they had matching names [emoji4]

That be great! But how do i put it on there?? Do i just make a new topic on there?

Stephanie Gonzalez

That be great! But how do i put it on there?? Do i just make a new topic on there?

Stephanie Gonzalez

Thank you but it's ok, I've already done it stephanie.  ;)   you should have a message from me in your inbox.  :)

Let us know how you get on, will be keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that all goes well for you!  :D xxx

Haha soo many of em are just not right! Unless you want a funny name to pair em, i woulda used Salt and Pepper haha alot of ice in there though, reminded me of Frozen [emoji12]

Im liking Shadow and Moon though

Stephanie Gonzalez

Sorry to hear about Snickers, hope you find 'em! I like the combination of shadow and moon too, has a nice ring to it.

I've never had a dog that I need to name (Diamond came with his name) but I heard if you put a list of names that you like and read it out to her, she'd respond to the one she likes best :) in another word, why not let *her* pick her name? :D