Please Vote For Rescued Husky Emily

A local pet food company is having a competition for rescue dogs, and I would very much appreciate it if some of you could vote for a Husky called Emily that was entered into this competition.

It would really give the local Husky rescue center some good press here if Emily won ;)

I do not personally know Emily or her owner, but I think he deserves all the credit in the world for rescueing her and nursing her back to health ;)

**WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT***

" Emily weighed only 8 kg, was riddled with ticks and was being eaten alive by maggots; the flesh on her hindquarters had mostly been eaten away. She could not move never mind stand.

From the time we found her we knew she had the will to live so we did all we could to assist including raising funds to make sure she got the best possible care."

Please read the whole story on the link below and remember to hit the vote button ;)

http://www.heroictails.co.za/finalists/view/48/

**WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT***

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh that is terrible. I thought the recently-adopted white Husky Miley is already bad enough :( I voted, but I think you need to post a warning somewhere because it contains a very graphic, upsetting picture of Emily before she got all healed up.

Oh my gosh that is terrible. I thought the recently-adopted white Husky Miley is already bad enough :( I voted, but I think you need to post a warning somewhere because it contains a very graphic, upsetting picture of Emily before she got all healed up.

I posted it in the help section because I wasn't sure if it's allowed to be posted on here ;)

If they don't approve this I'll have a few words for Marc!  Since the competition is being sponsored by a pet food company and we regularly mention different foods, I don't see that as a problem.

And the dog and owner you link to deserve everything they can get - truly a heartwarming story!

Yes it's allowed. People regularly ask for votes for their own K9 in an online photo competition. That is a little different though.

Ok, so how do I get someone to move it to the competition (or what else?) section?

Since getting a Husky I've been searching for Husky rescue organisations and this one that saved Emily is doing good work here ;)

You already tagged the red people (and one green LOL) :D they'd see this and realize that this isn't placed in the right section. Then they'd use their admin power and move it to the Main Chat or somewhere else they deem appropriate :D

Yes it's allowed. People regularly ask for votes for their own K9 in an online photo competition. That is a little different though.

Not that much different, really. I think we're voting for Emily and Ian as examples of what good dog care really means!

and I agree, the before picture is really tragic! Glad Emily found a good man to take care of her ( and a 'Jones' at that!!! )

You already tagged the red people (and one green LOL) :D they'd see this and realize that this isn't placed in the right section. Then they'd use their admin power and move it to the Main Chat or somewhere else they deem appropriate :D

Yeah I didn't know who to tag :D have some experience with Rob ;)

Not that much different, really. I think we're voting for Emily and Ian as examples of what good dog care really means!

and I agree, the before picture is really tragic! Glad Emily found a good man to take care of her ( and a 'Jones' at that!!! )

No, I mean usually photo competitions are all smiles and fun. This one induces more "oh my gosh! That's terrible!" kind of comment.

EDIT: @Cindy - I think when you post in the forum help and FAQ section, you don't need to tag anyone. The existence of the thread alone already attracts attention, because this section is here for us to ask questions to the mods and admins. If you post somewhere else and needs a mod's attention, I'd tag any green or purple person who is currently online. If it's a technical issue, tag one of our tech team; Marc or Jos (Bluewolf) or both :D

Not that much different, really. I think we're voting for Emily and Ian as examples of what good dog care really means!and I agree, the before picture is really tragic! Glad Emily found a good man to take care of her ( and a 'Jones' at that!!! )

Yeah I thought you might see the last name! :rofl:

I don't care who the person is that win, but if it can help rescue Huskies in the future and give this person the respect he deserves for doing something good for animals! ;)

No, I mean usually photo competitions are all smiles and fun. This one induces more "oh my gosh! That's terrible!" kind of comment.

Yeah I only recently noticed how many people just 'get rid of' their Huskies!!! They advertise them as free by the dozens and don't even care what happens to them :angry: they just see a cute puppy and don't realise how to take care of the breed and then they just dump it :(

Well, we've got the Husky to 2446 votes, but Miles and Mr van Huysteen isn't far behind at 2088. We're going to have to work a bit harder to make sure that the Emily finishes on top!

Voting closes on 11 July ... if you haven't, then just do it!

Edited by Al Jones

Well, we've got the Husky to 2446 votes, but Miles and Mr van Huysteen isn't far behind at 2088. We're going to have to work a bit harder to make sure that the Emily finishes on top!Voting closes on 11 July ... if you haven't, then just do it!

She's at 2470 now, but as you said Miles is closing the gap quickly ;) only till Friday to vote!